Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

This was my first thought too. But, mea culpa, I really did not believe that any transportation solution would be extended to AOA/POP. Just plain wrong on that, apparently.

I'm going to reverse course entirely here and bet that the new "CBT", if that's what we're calling it, will be priced at least as high as any other DVC released so far, including VGF and Poly. Probably higher. We're now looking at a shiny new building with excellent transportation to two parks, coinciding with the opening of the much-anticipated release of Star Wars Land and supposedly to be followed by significant investment at EPCOT. Plus the promised improvements at CBR. Whatever you might think about the resort as a whole, that doesn't sound like any kind of recipe for lower point values to me. I hope I'm wrong, but between this news and the recent ticket price hikes, I'm not seeing any evidence that Disney is concerned about the well running dry any time soon.

I agree with this...

Any idea that they were in someway trying to "extend the program" to moderates is finished. They will just put you wherever they feel you should be and you can take it or leave it.

Only at the stations that don't turn. So let's say you board at the Epcot station, you stay on until you hit the main CBR station. You would then need to take another line to DHS. At least that's how I've seen it.

On that site it sounds like all lines would originate from the south CBR station and that line going to Epcot would stop at the DVC station. Anyone think that poses an issue with guests loading at the DVC station to get to Epcot? Or would it be similar to the resort monorail today where some get off and some stay on and people just fill in the space.

Yup, read it again... still says the same thing. Deluxe has the better location and best amenities; value has lessor amenities and worse location. I'm in complete agreement and it's what I've been saying all along. What are you missing?

There it is. That's correct. Location is equal to amenities in the price/value equation. I guess that's what you've been saying? :confused:

They didn't build values on the MK loop.....Is that your argument?

Not really an argument but a simple demonstrative fact. I think you lost us with all of your "magical marketing" and "pixie" talk. Because its none of those things, its location and amenities.

You were just pointing out that the Grand is not the All Star Sports?

Now that we don't have to waste any more time on that.....We can move forward together :yay:

You really, really have to be a big Disney fan to buy into all of this. Are there enough of those?

CBR as DVC still puzzles me. Will the DVC be only in the tower and will that be enough to attract buyers? Will the new amenities be scattered around the resort or only at the tower?

You really, really have to be a big Disney fan to buy into all of this. Are there enough of those?

CBR as DVC still puzzles me. Will the DVC be only in the tower and will that be enough to attract buyers? Will the new amenities be scattered around the resort or only at the tower?

We're inclined to believe that since it is rumored that the DVC portion of CBR will operate as a stand alone resort that the amenities will be located to the tower.

We're inclined to believe that since it is rumored that the DVC portion of CBR will operate as a stand alone resort that the amenities will be located to the tower.
I really dislike that. That keeps CBR basically at its current level for most people but walls off a nicer resort from others. I hope that they keep the nicer area well walled off.

Plus how could they raise the prices overall? If the rumors are true then all of this just wouldn't add up.

I really dislike that. That keeps CBR basically at its current level for most people but walls off a nicer resort from others. I hope that they keep the nicer area well walled off.

Plus how could they raise the prices overall? If the rumors are true then all of this just wouldn't add up.
The entire resort would have the added transportation and I can't see them limited dining to just the DVC member so that's where they would justify price increases.

I agree with this...

Any idea that they were in someway trying to "extend the program" to moderates is finished. They will just put you wherever they feel you should be and you can take it or leave it.

Which is what I argued from the beginning, that they would have to create some sort of link to EPCOT (though I didn't necessarily see DHS) and jack the price up in order for this to work with the DVC model at all. There was never really any other choice.

Other than not making this DVC but suites or something, which I think a fairly good argument was made for.

Which is what I argued from the beginning, that they would have to create some sort of link to EPCOT (though I didn't necessarily see DHS) and jack the price up in order for this to work with the DVC model at all. There was never really any other choice.

Other than not making this DVC but suites or something, which I think a fairly good argument was made for.

So since they can connect any property to any park the location o the park really doesn't matter? SSR may some day be my favorite resort?

I've suggested in the last few years that, via DVC, Disney is locking the upper middle-class regulars into coming every other year but at the expense of cannibalization of the very consumer pool that was renting the deluxe properties and thus needs to greatly reduce the number of deluxe property rooms since they've sold those rooms to those that were renting them.

Hadn't considered DVC wiping the inventory out to the point that staying property becomes a premium event in itself. Or that the end game may be the only way to stay on property is to own a DVC.
This is exactly what drove me from deluxe. It used to be a given. Won't pay it anymore without a large discount which also have disappeared.

So since they can connect any property to any park the location o the park really doesn't matter? SSR may some day be my favorite resort?

I just meant that I couldn't see them NOT connecting the new resort to EPCOT because of how close it was. DHS, while others made a good case for it, just seemed a little farther.

I imagine an important element would be the time it would take to travel the connection. Technically they have connected all parks to all resorts ... by bus :P

I just meant that I couldn't see them NOT connecting the new resort to EPCOT because of how close it was. DHS, while others made a good case for it, just seemed a little farther.

I imagine an important element would be the time it would take to travel the connection. Technically they have connected all parks to all resorts ... by bus :P

I definitely agree. I was not participating in the first book of this thread--- just waiting to see where the chips fell-- but I agree that they had to connect it some way.

And yes - haha -the buses -- not so magical to many... :P should be the new sarcasm icon.....

B.D. you have nailed it.

Disney has invented a magical device for turning bad locations into "excellent" locations and (they hope) trigger a new land rush. Look at all the empty forest and swamp land that is within say 1km (3000 ft) of any of the parks. Shoot some fireworks up where you can see them from a condo tower and build a ski lift over to the park entrance and the world will flock to your DVC.

It's ingenious. It's as if instead of just having a 50 mile long beach, Myrtle Beach found an easy way to make beaches.

Assuming of course that the credit bubble will never pop and that there is an unlimited demand for WDW timeshares as long as there is a "view" and 10 min transportation to the dining and drinking and Darth Vader meet and greets.

B.D. you have nailed it.

Disney has invented a magical device for turning bad locations into "excellent" locations and (they hope) trigger a new land rush. Look at all the empty forest and swamp land that is within say 1km (3000 ft) of any of the parks. Shoot some fireworks up where you can see them from a condo tower and build a ski lift over to the park entrance and the world will flock to your DVC.

It's ingenious. It's as if instead of just having a 50 mile long beach, Myrtle Beach found an easy way to make beaches.

Assuming of course that the credit bubble will never pop and that there is an unlimited demand for WDW timeshares as long as there is a "view" and 10 min transportation to the dining and drinking and Darth Vader meet and greets.

Absolutely--- want to buy some SSR points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter