Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

Hold her there, Newt...they are certainly up to something...but until they tell us I think it's best to wait and see. If only because this is so bizarre.
Well they have told us the resort is getting new dining and retail already. Permits also indicate a new tower which is likely DVC. Haven't we been through this already?

Well they have told us the resort is getting new dining and retail already. Permits also indicate a new tower which is likely DVC. Haven't we been through this already?

We've been through the confirmed ski lift system?

Because that is what you answered...

And even the other stuff is only "confirmed" on the geek-boards...to this point?

Maybe I'm behind

We've been through the confirmed ski lift system?

Because that is what you answered...

And even the other stuff is only "confirmed" on the geek-boards...to this point?

Maybe I'm behind
This is the Caribbean Beach Expansion thread. Disney has confirmed the expansion but only for retail and dining right now. Permits indicate a new tower and pool area improvements.

The Gondola is not confirmed but seen in the permits.

This is the Caribbean Beach Expansion thread. Disney has confirmed the expansion but only for retail and dining right now. Permits indicate a new tower and pool area improvements.

The Gondola is not confirmed but seen in the permits.

I got you this time...

Postulating on construction timelines for a yet to be confirmed transportation system is premature...as is saying "they want it open for _____"

While logical...it's a bridge too far. Stay grounded.

I got you this time...

Postulating on construction timelines for a yet to be confirmed transportation system is premature...as is saying "they want it open for _____"

The permits indicate project completion in 2019. So whatever is being built will be done in 2019.

I got you this time...

Aside from the permit (noted by @rteetz ) two things denote 2019.
1) DVC has gotten into a two year rhythm. 2013 GF, 2015 Poly, 2017 WL. While they might push it back until 2020, the transportation system needs to be up in order to be ready for those timeshare sales.
2) SWE. Bob wants all the masses to go to his new land!

Throw in the fact these networks are quick to install and Disney is already well into the design phase and now entering the work phase, it makes sense to have it up shortly.

Aside from the permit (noted by @rteetz ) two things denote 2019.
1) DVC has gotten into a two year rhythm. 2013 GF, 2015 Poly, 2017 WL. While they might push it back until 2020, the transportation system needs to be up in order to be ready for those timeshare sales.
2) SWE. Bob wants all the masses to go to his new land!

Throw in the fact these networks are quick to install and Disney is already well into the design phase and now entering the work phase, it makes sense to have it up shortly.

There are still some questions to be answered here (I know...I'm a pain)...such as how you just label this new DVC as "appropriate" and then duck and hope it works...

My question was simple. Have they not built anything that has permits filed for it within the last 5 years? Modifications made to a permit are different.

Those are water retention permits...and they have stuck to them. But the question is: what hit the cutting room floor before they got there?

Like our Toy story land?

That's why I'm waiting to see if there's more to follow
It feels like there are a lot of things going on under the surface. There's a big strategy that is slowly coming into play.

Expanded inventory and DVC are inbound. What form that takes is yet to be seen.

Expect several Resorts to get wrecked in the process!

2019 seems like a very reasonable time frame. Keep in mind that while they like to spread the costs out on their upgrades in parks, less hotel rooms (which they are losing) are lost revenue, and I think they will work to make sure those rooms are available as fast as possible. The gondolas I'm still not 100% sold are occurring. I know there are some strange structures going up, but I'm just not making that leap yet. I like the idea which is why I'm probably being conservative (to keep from being disappointed if they don't).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter