Planning?

eeyorechic

Mouseketeer
My fiance & I are planning around a Sept. 2007 wedding. I know I can't reserve it until a year out, but how far before that should I get in touch with Disney? And what kind of information do they send out at first?

Thanks,
Samantha :earsgirl:

You can get in touch with Disney whenever you like. If you're nervous they will dismiss you, just let them know you're interested in a disney wedding but dont know what date. For me, they discusssed what kind of locations I was interestd in and sent me a few pictures of some places. And sent some word documents with some sample menus etc. it really depends on the questions you ask, etc. :)

We were able to schedule a tentative date a year before our desired wedding date, but you don't go into a contract/planning mode until about 8 months before your wedding. While it seems like not enough time, since that is all they do, and there is not a debate of if a caterer, DJ or something is available (within Disney - outside vendors are another story) you will probably find you have plenty of time.

We did a site visit and picked dates at one year out, but never did any further visits until the week of our wedding. I planned our entire wedding over the phone in less than 10 phone sessions. It was wonderfully organized (thanks to a great EM) who said "next week we'll do food" and so I got with DH and my parents, reviewed all the menu stuff, then did the meeting, and in the first couple minutes of our next call I gave our final plan (unless I already knew). Before I knew it the whole thing was planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts