Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

Yes, I definately got a Savanah view. I can't wait to look out my window to see the animals walking by.

How exciting! :woohoo: It is so amazing getting to watch the animals from your room! You're going to have a great time! Are you going to do a PTR or TR?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon! My DH and I went to Disney for our honeymoon last September and had such a great time we're returning in October as a delayed anniversary trip.

I hope you get the same pixie dust we did during our dinner at 'Ohana - we were seated near a window, and Wishes started just as dessert was served. It's my favorite memory from our Disneymoon :lovestruc

Thank you! :goodvibes We had the exact same experience at O'Hana on our engagement trip! They brought the dessert right as the show started! I really hope to have that same experience again! It was an amazing evening! :cloud9:

Love the update for what you'll be doing in one year's time! :thumbsup2

Bread pudding---definite YUM! :)

And I just have to tell you Courtney, that I had a napoleon during this trip. OH MY WORD! :cloud9:

Thanks, Michelle! Oh my goodness, isn't the Napoleon amazing?! :thumbsup2 I want to try some other things from the bakery, but it's going to be hard not to get the Napoleon again!

I can't wait to hear where you're staying! When is the big reveal?

I'm planning on posting it tomorrow evening! :yay:

I'm here, Courtney!! I would have been here sooner but we've been out of town all weekend!! I don't think I've ever heard you mention the date of the wedding before so that's EXCITING!!!! Brent and I will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary this Saturday, June 26th!! (where has the time gone?!) Can't wait to hear where you're staying!!! popcorn::

I'm here, Courtney!! I would have been here sooner but we've been out of town all weekend!! I don't think I've ever heard you mention the date of the wedding before so that's EXCITING!!!! Brent and I will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary this Saturday, June 26th!! (where has the time gone?!) Can't wait to hear where you're staying!!! popcorn::

Yay, Becky's here! :woohoo: I'm so excited to have you following along for the PTR! Wow! 11 years - congrats! :goodvibes Are you doing anything special to celebrate?

RESORT REVEAL!

In deciding where we should stay for our honeymoon, I tried to think about all of the things I wanted our resort to be. Obviously, I wanted a resort with a romantic vibe. I also wanted somewhere that would feel (and promote) relaxing, because after a year and a half of wedding planning, and of course the wedding itself, I know we are going to want to relax! I wanted somewhere luxurious, because after all, this is our honeymoon! We deserve to splurge! And last but not least – I wanted it to be special. I wanted the resort to be a place that we would never forget staying.

Naturally, the first resort that came to mind was the Grand Floridian!

26004c3d.jpg

5a38248f.jpg

ef4fc22e.jpg

1222c985.jpg

During our March 2009 trip, Miguel and I went over to the GF one night to eat at Victoria and Albert’s and we just feel in love with the hotel. I don’t think there is a prettier resort on Disney property, and it certainly meets all of my resort wish-list criteria.

So for a while, I was set of the GF! What a perfect place for a honeymoon, right?!

But then I started to think about the night that we ate at ‘Ohana’s on our recent trip, and how our brief time at the Poly left me wanting more.
af0ea6ae.jpg

d9c5e7d5.jpg

7c44ab0c.jpg

3a396c9a.jpg

b00bf441.jpg

The Poly also fits all of my resort wish-list criteria! I think its tropical vibe is both relaxing and romantic, and of course it’s luxurious! And if nothing else, the Poly is certainly special. I feel like this resort has the biggest “following” here on the boards, and for good reason! Even though we only spent a few hours there for dinner, we definitely felt that special vibe that it has.

I was so torn! Both the Poly and the GF offer exactly what I want in a honeymoon, yet they are vastly different.
87a6f59f.jpg

I talked to Miguel about it, poured over pictures of both, and naturally priced out vacations at both resorts. And finally, we came to a decision that we are both so happy with. So next June, Miguel and I will be spending out honeymoon at…

THE POLYNESIAN!!!

We both agree that this is an excellent choice for us and we can’t wait to spend 10 wonderful nights at the Poly! I also love how it's allowing us to have our special “Disneymoon”, but it also is giving us a little of that tropical beach honeymoon that we were both wanting as well. I feel like it’s the best of both worlds!

Up Next: Some ideas I have to make our honeymoon extra special!

YAY!!!! I got so excited when I saw that you updated :goodvibes You will love the Poly! What a great pick! Chris and I are going to stay there on our "adults only" trip. You are right...tropical and luxury working wonderfully together :cloud9: I can not wait to hear your tips on making it extra special!

I KNEW you were going to stay at the Poly, I don't know why, I just had a feeling!!! Congrats, the Poly is so beautiful, from what I've seen of it!!!! :cool1: You're going to have such a great Disneymoon!!! :banana:

Hi, Courtney! You are going to LOVE the poly! DBF and I stayed there for 5 nights in May as a graduation celebration trip, and it was amazing. I really did not expect to fall in love with it as much as I did. But now, I can't imagine ever wanting to stay anywhere else (which is kind of bad, because my Disney resort wish list is a bit long!).

I don't know which view you will have, but having a view of the castle out your window is truly magical. I don't know how much time I spent on the balcony just looking at it. It is a beautiful view! But honestly, I doubt there is any bad view in the entire resort.

We loved being able to walk to the TTC as well....that was so convenient for getting to and from Epcot. And of course, having Dole Whip at the resort isn't too bad either!

As you can tell, I really, really love the Poly :lovestruc I think you made a great decision. It will be perfect for a honeymoon!

The Poly!! Excellent choice!
I was so sure you'd be staying at POFQ, given how much you love it there. I should have realized that a Disneymoon would call for a special place!

Are you thinking about requesting a specific longhouse? I got too confused looking at the Tikiman website and couldn't figure out where we'd want to stay. So we're just gonna wing it.

YAY for you and Miguel!

WOO HOO for the Polynesian!! What a perfect place for a honeymoon. I like that you get a bit of that tropical beach feel as well. I think you picked the best resort for a relaxing 10 night honeymoon!

I love your choice! I'm sure it will be perfect for you. :) :cool1: You should set up one of those 30 min sessions with a photopass photographer at the poly, too!

AHHHHHHHHHH I am so excited for you!! Not only the Poly...but 10 NIGHTS! That is going to be amazing!!! :banana:

Great choice!

The Poly definitely gives you the best of both worlds-- the tropical and Disney!! The perfect combination! You will have a wonderful time-- can't wait to hear your ideas to make it even more special! Are you the type that would plan to surprise Miguel, or would he be in on the plans??

OK, my guess was wrong.....................BUT---------------------

THE POLY !!! :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I love the Poly---It's my all-time favorite, and 10 DAYS?!?!?!? :cloud9: I'm pretty excited for you guys.

Congrats! I've never even been over to the Poly but it looks awesome. You guys are going to have a great time!

I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, but it just hasn't worked out yet. I can't wait to see all your pictures from your stay!

Wow the Polynesian is a great choice! I had a feeling you guys might pick that resort :cloud9:

I've not visited the Poly before but we're having a meal at Kona cafe next trip.. can't wait to see inside! I've heard that the lobby 'smells' amazing because of the water feature?! :laughing:

Emma princess: x

oh yayayayaya!!! poly and 10 nights!! OMG i'm jealous!! how excited are you?!?!?!

if i get a pin i totally want to stay at poly next year!! i loved ohanas also :)

YAY!!!! I got so excited when I saw that you updated :goodvibes You will love the Poly! What a great pick! Chris and I are going to stay there on our "adults only" trip. You are right...tropical and luxury working wonderfully together :cloud9: I can not wait to hear your tips on making it extra special!

I can't wait to stay at the Poly - I agree, I think it's a great choice! :thumbsup2 Oooh, what is this adults only trip you speak of?!

I KNEW you were going to stay at the Poly, I don't know why, I just had a feeling!!! Congrats, the Poly is so beautiful, from what I've seen of it!!!! :cool1: You're going to have such a great Disneymoon!!! :banana:

:laughing: Yay for guessing right! I think we are going to absolutely love it! :cloud9:

Hi, Courtney! You are going to LOVE the poly! DBF and I stayed there for 5 nights in May as a graduation celebration trip, and it was amazing. I really did not expect to fall in love with it as much as I did. But now, I can't imagine ever wanting to stay anywhere else (which is kind of bad, because my Disney resort wish list is a bit long!).

I don't know which view you will have, but having a view of the castle out your window is truly magical. I don't know how much time I spent on the balcony just looking at it. It is a beautiful view! But honestly, I doubt there is any bad view in the entire resort.

We loved being able to walk to the TTC as well....that was so convenient for getting to and from Epcot. And of course, having Dole Whip at the resort isn't too bad either!

As you can tell, I really, really love the Poly :lovestruc I think you made a great decision. It will be perfect for a honeymoon!

I would love a magic kingdom view!!! That would be amazing! It sounds like you had a fabulous graduation trip! :goodvibes

The Poly!! Excellent choice!
I was so sure you'd be staying at POFQ, given how much you love it there. I should have realized that a Disneymoon would call for a special place!

Are you thinking about requesting a specific longhouse? I got too confused looking at the Tikiman website and couldn't figure out where we'd want to stay. So we're just gonna wing it.

YAY for you and Miguel!

:laughing: As much as I love POFQ, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to pass up the Poly for our honeymoon! I'm can't wait to read your TR after your trip to see how your disneymoon there goes! :goodvibes

I've browsed the tikiman site briefly too, and I couldn't figure out a what longhouse we might like either! I guess I've got plenty of time to figure that out though!

WOO HOO for the Polynesian!! What a perfect place for a honeymoon. I like that you get a bit of that tropical beach feel as well. I think you picked the best resort for a relaxing 10 night honeymoon!

I definitely feel like it is the best of both worlds! We get to have Disney and the tropics all at once! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter