Planning on Purchasing Reflections

evr25160

Earning My Ears
Hi all I was just looking to see if anyone else had started to think about buying at the reflections once it goes on sale. I know they haven't even broken ground and the projected open isn't for another 2 years. If the initial pp isn't too bad I think I wouldn't mind buying into. These would be our special points as we plan on buying resale AKL points next year. Anyone else interested in purchasing once we are able to get a good look at more of the concept art.

Hi all I was just looking to see if anyone else had started to think about buying at the reflections once it goes on sale. I know they haven't even broken ground and the projected open isn't for another 2 years. If the initial pp isn't too bad I think I wouldn't mind buying into. These would be our special points as we plan on buying resale AKL points next year. Anyone else interested in purchasing once we are able to get a good look at more of the concept art.
DVC would have to roll back the resale restrictions before I would even consider any new DVC resort. I would add on at VGF or BLT before I would buy RIV or Reflections.

We are considering it. The main hurdle right now for us is the resale restriction. From the concept art we've seen we really like the style of it.

I think the rooms are beautiful but the location does not make up for the price in my opinion. I also prefer low-rise structures as opposed to massive hotel towers. There are several other direct options in the $188 dollar range if you are buying just to get a blue card.

EDIT: And I was totally talking about Riveria. Whoops. I'm actually excited to see what Reflections has in store.

Last edited:

We are considering it. The main hurdle right now for us is the resale restriction. From the concept art we've seen we really like the style of it.
We are in the same boat, if Disney keeps the design as close to the current concept drawings then we will more then likely buy but our biggest hang up are the new restrictions which I feel they went extremely overboard on.

DVC would have to roll back the resale restrictions before I would even consider any new DVC resort. I would add on at VGF or BLT before I would buy RIV or Reflections.
This, if they don't end up rolling back the restriction then we will end up buying direct at either VGF or BCV

Last edited:
This, if they don't end up rolling back the restriction then we will end up buying direct at either VGF or BCV
I thought the restriction applied to any direct purchase? If you sell it the resale purchaser can only stay at that resort? Are you saying Disney has one rule for Riviera Direct contracts and one for other Direct resorts? If that’s the case why doesn’t everyone just get a different resort on a direct contract as they should retain value better for resale?

Last edited:

I thought the restriction applied to any direct purchase? If you sell it the resale purchaser can only stay at that resort? Are you saying Disney has one rule for Riviera Direct contracts and one for other Direct resorts? If that’s the case why doesn’t everyone just get an OKW or SSR direct contract as they should retain value better for resale?

The new resale rule only applies to Riviera and, likely, future resorts. Resale of the original 14 after Jan/19 can only stay at those 14 resorts and not at Riviera or other new resorts.

The new resale rule only applies to Riviera and, likely, future resorts. Resale of the original 14 after Jan/19 can only stay at those 14 resorts and not at Riviera or other new resorts.
The reason I flagged this is people are buying minimum points to get the direct perks, why would they get Riviera when other resorts do the same job at sometimes less ppt and will hold value better?

The reason I flagged this is people are buying minimum points to get the direct perks, why would they get Riviera when other resorts do the same job at sometimes less ppt and will hold value better?
Some don't realize they can buy elsewhere, some want to stay at Riviera, some want the full 50 years, etc. There can be any number of reasons and some people are doing exactly what you mentioned.

Same reason why someone would pay $180 for Grand Californian instead of $70 for Vero Beach. 11 month booking window, different maintenance fees, length of contract, etc...

Same reason why someone would pay $180 for Grand Californian instead of $70 for Vero Beach. 11 month booking window, different maintenance fees, length of contract, etc...
Sorry if I wasn’t clear..... I’m talking about people buying direct just to get the perks, they don’t care as much about the resort

To get back on your thread, it will be interesting to see when reflections becomes the main resort promoted by DVC and whether it captures the imagination and lastly the ppt/mf they want for it

I called Disney a few weeks ago to get the numbers for AKL direct and they aren't as open to admitting that you can still buy the other 14 direct. We sometimes forget that some people do the bare minimum research and they also don't press the sales agents when they are speaking to Disney in regards to buying at other properties you have to press them to get that information but also people love new and being first and Disney is very good at marketing that factor to people especially if you catch someone off guard at the parks.

I was 100% interested in reflections......until the resale restrictions were announced. That and the cabins have changed my minds.

I'm very intrigued by Reflections. Definitely considering it as I like the theming. Want to hear more about room sizes.

I have plenty of points now. I have no need to buy others. But I can use my cheap points to book at these new resorts if I really want to stay there.

I'm most interested in seeing the point charts. It's not exactly the most convenient location. CCV had such a reasonable point chart since it matched BRV from the good old days. I'm not sure I would spend more points to stay in another nature-inspired resort (seems awfully similar- just less themed common areas) that's less convenient than WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter