Planet Hollywood?????DTD

Mickyseeusoon

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ate there and was it worth the time and money ?What is it like any info would be so appreciated!:)

I guess I will put in my 2 cents.
I ate at Planet Hollywood the last time I was at WDW and I didn't really enjoy it. For as long as it takes you to get your food I would hope that it would be warm/hot but ours wasn't. I don't enjoy eating cold food. The menu reminded me of Applebee's, TGI Friday's, Damon's, etc. :( Its not worth the money
IMHO I would never go back b/c I can get the same kind of food here and its not cold.
But thats my 2 cents.

I would tend to agree. The food is nothing special. The atmosphere is OK. The service was OK. Just not magical in the least.

We have eaten there numerous times, and feel it is both worth the time and the money, but it really does depend on when you go!

It is great for a very early lunch... no wait, great service
Or late lunch, between 3 and 4:30.. again, no wait, great service.

We have never had any complaints about the food, and highly suggest the fajitas!

Bon Apetit!

We ate there once several years ago and we enjoyed it. The food is good, but pretty standard theme restaurant fare.

We basically went because we arrived at about 4:00 p.m. and didn't want to use a day on our passes, and the travel agent gave us a $20 gift certificate.

If you go there, be sure to visit the top floor to see some really cool stuff.

I had an ealry dinner there and had no problem getting in. The service was fine though not excellent and the food was tasty. It was a very interesting building and I wandered around the different levels for quite a while after eating. Give it a chance. You may find it your favorite. I rank it in the middle of all the restaurants at WDW.

We ate there last month and our meals were very good. The service was very good also, our waiter took the time to point out all the props hanging from the ceiling and what movies they were from. I would recommend you go to PH if you have never been.

:( we ate there a few years back for dinner one night...too crowded, too slow, too expensive and not all that good food...the atmosphere was good but that was about it...
lunch might be better but i would not recommend it for dinner...
have fun!!!
sunking

It's ok.
If you've been to one before, I would skip it.
There are so many neat themed restaraunts at WDW, I would choose something else

Personally, I am a Planet Hollywood fan and have eaten at several of them. I would say that if you want to try it but are hesitant, try going for appetizers and dessert (the best items on the menu) during the afternoon. I really think it's a fun place that should be tried at least once.:D

Yuck. PH is the worst restaurant at DTD IMHO. The wait is too long, the food is really subpar and the service is slow.

Skip it! There are too many other wonderful places to eat than to waste your time and money here.

is all I can say about this place.

It was our last night at Disney....finished shopping around 8:30 and took about an hour to decide where to eat before we went to Pleasure Island. We tried Wolfgang's Cafe first but were told a 30 minute wait and since we had eaten there our first night decided against it. Went to Planet Hollywood - got there about 9:15....we figured we would be out of there by 10:30 - HAH. We didnt get seated until 10:00 and by the time the food (which was actually a very good burger) came it was 10:40....had to remind the waiter 2 times for the mayonaise, 2 times for a second diet coke and 2 times for something else that I cant recall. By the time we got out of there we were too tired to go clubbing.....big disappointment for our last night. We really wanted to go to the Comedy Club for one show but would have had to wait until midnight and being as the next day was our last and we needed to check out and wanted to hit Epcot at a reasonable hour we had to miss it.

Sorry.....a really good burger does not make up for really slow, poor service and like a previous posted said...if you have already been to a Planet Hollywood dont bother.

I went to Planet Hollywood and our food was great. The menu is the same as AppleBees and TGIFridays but that is always what you are going to get when you go to a chain restraurant. If you access to go offsite I would recommend Hard Rock Cafe at Universal although the food is the same the atmosphere is a lot better and the waitstaff is really pleasant. If you cannot get offsite Planet Holleywood would be the next best thing.

When we ate at Planet Hollywood the wait was long and the food wasn't good at all. It was cold and not tastey. We couldn't go to PI after dinner because I got sick and had to go back to our room. We haven't been back since.

I ate there 2/3times in August and again in Dec/Jan. My pet hate is cold food, however I must have been lucky because my meals were hot, tender ( ribs and steak) and tasty. The service was outstanding on every occasion except one when it was fine but nothing special. My son is a big fan hence the number of times I've been recently.

I really think it's hit or miss. The first year we were there we rather enjoyed it. The second time around..... not so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter