Plan to miss some main dining - what shouldn’t we miss?!?

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
Going on our 1st Disney cruise for 7 days on the Wonder. On past cruises we’ve rarely done main dining. They are usually too long and formal for us or we aren’t hungry etc. However, I understand dining on DCL is more of an experience. Which nights shouldn’t we miss?

We currently have main dining but on nights we don’t feel like going can we grab the show or will we be required to wait until the late show?

Going on our 1st Disney cruise for 7 days on the Wonder. On past cruises we’ve rarely done main dining. They are usually too long and formal for us or we aren’t hungry etc. However, I understand dining on DCL is more of an experience. Which nights shouldn’t we miss?

We currently have main dining but on nights we don’t feel like going can we grab the show or will we be required to wait until the late show?
Don't miss either night at Animator's Palate- they're both very special on the Wonder (no silly Crush show like on the Dream class). They both have unique shows, and the 2nd night there is especially not-to-be-missed. Tiana's Place features her singing. If you plan to dress up for Pirate Night, you might enjoy the MDR on that night, too.

They do not check what seating you are for the shows. You can show up at either show times.

BTW, MDRs can be as informal as you want them to be , especially with the no dress code policy on DCL. Just ask for a few starters, or just an entree. It’s you vacation so there are no required way to follow.

It's nice to see all three restaurants at least once. I usually skip pirate night and go to Palo the menu doesn't really appeal to me. You should look online at the menus and see if there is something you really want to try and then make sure you go that night.

Glad to c im not the only one choosing to skip out on MDR -

my reason? Concerned about "Dinner mates from HEL*":crazy2:
but thats a whole other topic.....:laughing:

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave:

You can choose to go to whichever show time you want.
If you have early dining your showtime is 8-8:15
If you have late dining its at 6-6:15.
If you tell your servers you want to be out quick and not have a long dinner, they will move you along.
The MDR's are great, even if you just want an appetizer or two.

Don't miss either night at Animator's Palate- they're both very special on the Wonder (no silly Crush show like on the Dream class). They both have unique shows, and the 2nd night there is especially not-to-be-missed. Tiana's Place features her singing. If you plan to dress up for Pirate Night, you might enjoy the MDR on that night, too.

Agree with this. We've been on the Magic once and the Wonder twice and always enjoy the AP shows. I would skip Triton's if I were to skip one.

AP is the only dining room I try not to skip. Some days going to the early show or hanging out by the nearly empty pool sound much better than a sit-down dinner.

We're planning on skipping the MDR once or twice on our Wonder cruise in January. I'm thinking we'll eat on the pool deck while it's (hopefully) empty and let the kids swim. I don't really care for Triton's, so I will definitely skip at least the 2nd night there. I liked Tiana's, but only ate there once, which was the show night. You could potentially skip the non-show night for the one too.

We really enjoy each MDR, but I understand. You could skip both nights in Triton's. You could have breakfast or lunch here once or twice instead since Triton's is open for those meals as well.

As first cruise, I'd try to make them all. But if you are skipping, my opinion (probably not popular) is that Pirate Night menu usually isn't good. Plus, I don't like the food or "entertainment" in Tiana's place. Since you will have at least 2 nights in Tiana's place, I'd skip one of them, there isn't much difference. Plus, as soon as you get on the ship, you can view the menu's for every night's dinner on the DCL app. I'd spend a few minutes looking at that to pick a night you think might not be to your liking.

You know you can request a table alone

trua that :goodvibes---- still .... I’ve been hearing so much about those Disney Cruise Line (Disney Dream) Cabanas (not Castaway Cay cabana areas) ....so I’d thought I’d give em a look c, and other places 2.... shoot ... even room service (while on the Disney Dream Cruise ship and not while visiting the Cabana area out at Disney cruise lines “Castaway Cay” area) ...while enjoying some DIsney Cruise Line (Disney Cruise Line via DISney Dream Cruise ship) food under the stars ....along with a “drink of the day” (Disney Cruise line via the DISney Dream Cruise ship ) .. or two:drinking1

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y’ALL:darth:

Last edited:
trua that :goodvibes---- still .... I’ve been hearing so much about those Cabanas so I’d thought I’d give em a look c, and other places 2.... shoot ... even room service ...while enjoying some DL food under the stars ....along with a “drink of the day”.... or two:drinking1

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y’ALL:darth:

Your writing style makes it difficult to tell what you mean, but... There is a difference between “those cabanas” (only multiple cabanas are for a huge extra fee on Castaway) and the buffet-during-day/seated-at-night Cabanas on the ship... The one on the ship is not open at night the first or last night.

The one on the ship is not open at night the first or last night.

How late does cabanas serve dinner till? On the last non-Disney cruise we found we weren’t waiting to eat until late because our lunches were so big, however, the dining area was closing around us. Still debating if late dining may be better for us.

Your writing style makes it difficult to tell what you mean, but... There is a difference between “those cabanas” (only multiple cabanas are for a huge extra fee on Castaway) and the buffet-during-day/seated-at-night Cabanas on the ship... The one on the ship is not open at night the first or last night.

No worries ... I’ve already googled as well as called DCL about the cabanas on the Dream as well as other places to eat on the Disney Cruise Ship....

We're planning on skipping the MDR once or twice on our Wonder cruise in January. I'm thinking we'll eat on the pool deck while it's (hopefully) empty and let the kids swim. I don't really care for Triton's, so I will definitely skip at least the 2nd night there. I liked Tiana's, but only ate there once, which was the show night. You could potentially skip the non-show night for the one too.
I dont like Triton either. We go to Cabanas instead.

No worries ... I’ve already googled as well as called DCL about the cabanas on the Dream as well as other places to eat on the Disney Cruise Ship....

I think your use of "the" is what it confusing.

The on-ship restaurant is just called Cabanas.

The individual for-a-fee-if-you-can-get-them little buildings on Castaway are "the" cabanas.

Just to help out anyone else who might be reading and trying to figure things out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts