PizzeRizzo closing

Why is it that when a really questionable rumor surfaces, half the people post as if it's already in the works?

I don't see how this is happening.

Agree.

So a friend who is a CM says so ... some CMs know lots, some know little and some know nothing. Some are part of conversations of ideas bouncing but then share them publicly even if not solid. I think the only reason this got a life of its own is because Disney has not posted hours for DHS dining locations past the 27th (even though this person says it closes the 20th?, even though the calendar says it's open). So the backup to the rumor is the lack of a Disney calendar :confused3 ... but had they looked at the other dining locations they have no hours either. Then the conversation here got turned in to an article and then the other bloggers using the article as a source started spreading it around. :rolleyes:

Based on that ..... any one of us could post we heard from our CM friend XXX and if the discussion gets good enough, it will become a post and then a wide spread rumor. Internet Telephone Game.

Why is it that when a really questionable rumor surfaces, half the people post as if it's already in the works?

I don't see how this is happening.

Because they don't read anything else. They see the title, they post their opinion, they move on to the next thing.

Whether it is closing or not, the menu needs an overhaul. 2nd problem is location as the park Is configured now. Dead ends are never good.

UPDATE :

I apologize if exact date is incorrect but is around 20-27 of October.

I talked to my friend 15 minutes ago. Her daughter is on the college program and works at PizzeRizzo. She has been there since August. Last week they were informed the restaurant was closing.

I spoke with her and it is all employees and managers being reassigned to different restaurants in all the different parks. They have no say (or at least her college daughter) on where they are assigned. I specifically asked if they knew if menu change closure and she said no it was permanent from what the employees were told. She clearly said even management being reassigned.

So my information is from a current employee of the restaurant and exactly what she was told. I only forgot to verify the exact date but it was around the 20-27 of October.

Last edited:
UPDATE :

I apologize if exact date is incorrect but is around 20-27 of October.

I talked to my friend 15 minutes ago. Her daughter is on the college program and works at PizzeRizzo. She has been there since August. Last week they were informed the restaurant was closing.

I spoke with her and it is all employees and managers being reassigned to different restaurants in all the different parks. They have no say (or at least her college daughter) on where they are assigned. I specifically asked if they knew if menu change closure and she said no it was permanent from what the employees were told. She clearly said even management being reassigned.

So my information is from a current employee of the restaurant and exactly what she was told. I only forgot to verify the exact date but it was around the 20-27 of October.
I don’t doubt you but often college program CMs aren’t told much.

I will also say that I feel other CMs would’ve leaked this out.

I don’t doubt you but often college program CMs aren’t told much.

I will also say that I feel other CMs would’ve leaked this out.

My last post on this topic. Why would they hold meeting and tell all employees and managers restaurant closing and all being reassigned. This wasn't one employee being told they were being reassigned.

I wish I had never posted this in the first place.

My last post on this topic. Why would they hold meeting and tell all employees and managers restaurant closing and all being reassigned. This wasn't one employee being told they were being reassigned.

Again not doubting you. I just find it surprising that if they did tell all employees this that it hasn't leaked out more like Rafiki's Planet Watch closing.

I'm sad to hear this. I like Pizza Rizzo. You can always find a spot to sit there because it's never crowded. The muppet theming is really funny. That banquet hall upstairs is great. Also, the sign out front is hilarious. The only thing I don't like is the food. The pizza is mediocre. But I don't like any of the other quick service places in HS either, so I keep going to Pizza Rizzo.

Hey now, don’t take it that way. I’m learning you really can’t hang around these parts without a healthy dose of skepticism... nothing personal.

I was lead to believe gondolas would have air conditioning, play movies for the 6 minutes I’m on it, and a guy drops in to serve me tea between the hours of 3pm and 5pm.

All lies.

Let my story be a lesson. This place hardens you. Shank or be shanked, I say.

Hey now, don’t take it that way. I’m learning you really can’t hang around these parts without a healthy dose of skepticism... nothing personal.

I was lead to believe gondolas would have air conditioning, play movies for the 6 minutes I’m on it, and a guy drops in to serve me tea between the hours of 3pm and 5pm.

All lies.

Let my story be a lesson. This place hardens you. Shank or be shanked, I say.
It really seems if a rumor doesn't come from 1 or 2 people, or if those poeple have not heard of it then there is no basis. I believe this is probably true as the OP has provided a credible story and cited a source which is far more than we get from 90% of rumors on here.

It really seems if a rumor doesn't come from 1 or 2 people, or if those poeple have not heard of it then there is no basis. I believe this is probably true as the OP has provided a credible story and cited a source which is far more than we get from 90% of rumors on here.
That is certainly not always the case. Some rumors are more logical than others though. It certainly could happen. However I feel it would be more widely known had they told all CM's who work there.

That is certainly not always the case. Some rumors are more logical than others though. It certainly could happen. However I feel it would be more widely known had they told all CM's who work there.
I agree it seems illogical and that maybe more would be heard, but perhaps the other employees don't want to risk their jobs since they may be permanent and it was just a CP CM who is done there anyway soon enough.

I always thought it was odd to not include that entire area into SWGE and utilize the existing buildings for restaurants, show buildings, shopping, and a ride. Very unlikely but maybe they reevaluated and that will happen. Muppets are a microscopic IP vs SW and that attraction is beyond dated.

I agree it seems illogical and that maybe more would be heard, but perhaps the other employees don't want to risk their jobs since they may be permanent and it was just a CP CM who is done there anyway soon enough.

I always thought it was odd to not include that entire area into SWGE and utilize the existing buildings for restaurants, show buildings, shopping, and a ride. Very unlikely but maybe they reevaluated and that will happen. Muppets are a microscopic IP vs SW and that attraction is beyond dated.
Too late for that area to be part of SWGE. If it’s changing it’s likely for some new eatery.

OP, I don't think anyone is questioning what your friend told you. Many of us have been wrong, I thought gondolas were the stupidest thing ever (and still do) but this is a weird one. I have been told things by friend CMs that only partially happened or have yet to happen long past expected time.

Why would some people question this?
- That many people were sat down and told and it has not leaked except by one person? Not to other CMs, or friends or bloggers? Really a huge surprise. I mean not even that unmentioned site with the mole broke it.
- No blogger/vlogger etc that I have seen is putting their name on it, they are all saying according to Disboards poster ... so none have confirmed anything. Surely some of them know CMs close enough to situation to get some kind of confirmation.
- The area was all just reworked, restaurant just had rehab, honestly the only thing that keeps it empty is the menu but once SWL opens folks will be cramming in those doors to eat anything.
- It's in a location that can't easily be re-purposed without major changes ... again doesn't make sense at this point.
- Part of the story is backed by lack of hours on website, but none of the QS had hours posted.
- It is of no use to SWL / it is buffered by Mama Melrose / it can't be pulled backwards and included with a ST reno as that is a long way off .... so timing is for sure strange.
- So many WHYs and without any other source, its hard. Most rumors that pan out have several sources fairly quickly, particularly of this nature.

My DD worked at Disney in multiple locations with multiple things happening.
- One place she worked was at Soarin'. She worked there when the top dogs at WDWMagic said nothing would happen until the 3rd track at TSMM was open and then they would decide if Soarin' got a third theater. Well at that point, before TSMM work, Disney had already decided, already designed it, full timers were told and given the option to transfer before it closed and DD was even shown all the blueprints for the new theaters. When it got close; all employees including managers were transferred. It could be a refurb is happening.
- DD knew the DHS Sorcerer Hat was leaving 3 weeks before the news broke as well as other things before the news broke including DQ closing. So yes, some CMs know things ............ but ........... they aren't supposed to tell and certainly not tell people who would tell lots of others. I have to say that part kinda bothers me. I found out lots of things early, I never told any friends and I didn't post anything on here.

If it is closing? Thoughts?
- It's never crowded, their fault for the menu, minimal decor and currently dead end location.
- Many were disappointed with it's lackluster Muppet decor, maybe planned all along as a band-aid.
- Many were surprised Mama Melrose didn't get a long overdue renovation, maybe a connect here?
- Hours were cut a while back, maybe part of cuts is to close it down forcing folks to fill other QS for now.
- Cutbacks are the thing right now .... it might mean reducing "capacity" at dining to drop overhead for awhile.

Sure it could be closing for a variety of reasons ........ and reopened as a variety of things or itself ....

I think we all know never say never but ...

it is just SO unusual for no one to talk,
no one to be able to source or confirm it
with all the connects they have ....
and only a single DCP sharing the info.

Could it be that they were all told to not say anything ??? and most didn't.

Agreed. We'll certainly be able to validate within a few weeks.

If it is closing? Thoughts?
- It's never crowded, their fault for the menu, minimal decor and currently dead end location.
- Many were disappointed with it's lackluster Muppet decor, maybe planned all along as a band-aid.
- Many were surprised Mama Melrose didn't get a long overdue renovation, maybe a connect here?
- Hours were cut a while back, maybe part of cuts is to close it down forcing folks to fill other QS for now.
- Cutbacks are the thing right now .... it might mean reducing "capacity" at dining to drop overhead for awhile.

Cutting costs seems to be the most logical explanation behind this closure if true. It could be they are reducing it to a seasonal restaurant like Tomorrowland Terrace. The only concern I have with this is that this would leave ABC Commissary as the only enclosed (meaning a/c'd and fully sheltered from weather) quick service in DHS as of now.

Really just fix the theming and serve real NY style pizza and the place has potential.

The only concern I have with this is that this would leave ABC Commissary as the only enclosed (meaning a/c'd and fully sheltered from weather) quick service in DHS as of now.

Did something happen to Backlot Express? I admit I haven’t been following the goings-on of DHS quick service locations. As I recall, they do have outdoor seating available, but you could certainly sit inside if you wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter