Pizza at Vero?

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
Can you still order Pizza from the counter service (bleachers?) by the pool at Vero? Does it come in a box for take out? Can we call them from our room and order it or do we have to order it at the counter?

Yes to all except that you now pick it up at Shutters rather than Bleachers.

A qualifier: Being from New York, I found the box to be of better quality than the pizza was. Blech!

I had to post because we sometimes get pizza delivered to our room. Do a google search for Vero Beach pizza delivery and you'll find SEVERAL pizza places that would probably deliver; Papa's Johns is one of them. This would just be a less expensive idea.

Can't wait till next month we'll be there.

there ar several pizza places on the street that walmart is on, off hand i cant think of any names, i do know there is a great subway by the first grocery store on 1A, i think that is the street VB is on 1A1. there is always capt. Hirams, sefood on the same street just before walmart , great seafood.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET THE PIZZA! Unless you order it from the appetizer menu from the Green Cabin Room. The pizza we ordered from Shutters was HORRIBLE and 2 large pizzas cost $35.00...I wish we had stopped at Domino's like my son had said...

Nino's Italian Rest & Pizzera
Big Apple Pizza Pasta
Cap's Pizza
Dominic's Pizza
Domino's Pizza
Godfather's Pizza
Hot Stuff Pizza
Imperial Pizza
Mahattan Grille & Pizza
Papa John's
Pizza Hut (this would be what my daughter insists upon)

There were SEVERAL more. Guisseppe's was a good place I don't remember where it was; back on the main road you come in on just before you cross the bridge.

Enjoy, all this talk about pizza is making me hungry.

Cora said:
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET THE PIZZA! Unless you order it from the appetizer menu from the Green Cabin Room. The pizza we ordered from Shutters was HORRIBLE and 2 large pizzas cost $35.00...I wish we had stopped at Domino's like my son had said...
I totally agree. We tried the resort pizza, and quite frankly it was gross.
On our most recent trip we asked the cast member at the front desk who would deliver to the resort, and they said nobody.
We then went through the phone book looking for places that delivered. We had no luck. :confused3

MG

The boxed pizzas are not good by any means. But, the brick oven pizzas served at Shutters and the Green Cabin Room are excellent by any pizza lovers standard. You can ask for just about any toppings and they will fix what you want. Don't assume the menu selections are all you can order.

There is a great pizza place just to the right of the resort (go right on the road and turn right at the first stop light) - I think it's Orchid Island pizza. They only take cash, and they just reopened from heavy hurricane damage. They are so nice and we love their pizza - it's easy to walk to too if you'd rather.

We've also had their wraps and salads.

Jenny :earsboy:

hpygrll said:
There is a great pizza place just to the right of the resort (go right on the road and turn right at the first stop light) - I think it's Orchid Island pizza. They only take cash, and they just reopened from heavy hurricane damage. They are so nice and we love their pizza - it's easy to walk to too if you'd rather.

I saw someone getting their pizza when we were there. I wondered if it was any good. When we went to leave I noticed it was right next door!

hpygrll said:

Holy smokes! They must have JUST reopened, as they were closed when we were there three weeks ago. :drinking:

MG

hpygrll said:

We were just at VB and I noticed this place as we were leaving. It does look like a very easy walk over. Does anyone know if they have breadsticks with cheese dip? I have a DD who doesn't like pizza (I still can't believe it--what kid doesn't like pizza? :confused3 ). I think we might give this place a try on our next visit.

DJ

Orchid Island Pizza just reopened in the last few days.

I agree about the resort pizza. YUCK!

The Pizza Hut on US1 at 512 always makes a decent pizza when we order.

The Dominos on 512 in Sebastian is usually fair.

Ninos is really good.

I don't care for Big apple.

There must be someone who delivers to the resort.

I don't like the fact that all of the pizza places down here only serve NY style pizza.

I'd killl for a Little Ceasars or similar midwest pizza right now.

Last time we were there we did Orchid Isle - pick up a menu - great food - we will be ordering from there in 1 1/2 weeks - whooowhooo.

:thumbsup2

If you're up for a drive (25 mins), I believe there's a Bizarro Pizza in Sebastian (not that far). That was the best NYC style pizza (or any pizza for that matter) I found while living in Florida, but their beach location in Indialantic is better than the other locations (but I wouldn't drive the hour it takes to get there unless you're going for another reason). Personally, I recommend avoiding pizza in Florida if you're live somewhere that has good pizza, because you will just be disappointed.

whoa! that was a strange feeling - saw this thread - and immediately thought - I didn't do that! - then when I opened it realized I started this nearly 3 years ago. :lmao:

So.... about that pizza... ;)

Hi Jen! Someone must have bumped it - it caught my attention because I used to live so close by and have such strong feelings on bad pizza! LOL!!:laughing:

whoa! that was a strange feeling - saw this thread - and immediately thought - I didn't do that! - then when I opened it realized I started this nearly 3 years ago. :lmao:

So.... about that pizza... ;)

OMG I was thinking the same thing... boy this thread looks oddly familiar. BTW Best Pizza joint we have found is Orchid Island Pizza. NY Style phone #(772)388 - 5151. They have great subs as well.

They deliver to the lobby which is nice as well!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter