Pixie Dusting Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I loved to give and get was FPs. You can't do it anymore but we loved to give FP tickets that we weren't using to a family. Once had just walked into MK and someone gave us 5 tickets to Space Mountain. My kids were so excited.

Like other posters said - I would offer to take pictures of families. I have given water bottles to people that I heard complaining about being very thirsty. I also have given granola bars that I had in our backpack if I heard someone say they were hungry.

Each day we try to do at least once nice thing. At the end of the day we love talking about what we did that day to spread the pixie dust.

Great thread!

If you see a person taking a picture of their family, offer to take a few for them so everyone can get in the shot. It's small and free, but it can mean a lot in the moment.

My wife is always doing that for people and wow it gets a great reaction!!

If you see a person taking a picture of their family, offer to take a few for them so everyone can get in the shot. It's small and free, but it can mean a lot in the moment.

I usually offer, too. I'm a graphic designer with some training in photography, so people are usually extra pleased to have a well-composed photo. :thumbsup2

Glitter is the new bubbles!

I personally am not a fan of glitter mainly because one of my daughters is African American and glitter is impossible to get out of her hair. I seriously have spent hours picking it out after washing it multiple times.

I did like the suggestion of offering to take pictures so that a whole family could get in a shot.

Otherwise, you all do realize the OP asked for suggestions for non-creepy things to do for adults, right? Honestly, if someone started offering to sprinkle me with glitter or hand me stickers and dollar store trinkets, I'd either be walking the other way or saying a polite "no, thank you".

I love this idea, of passing happiness to other , not just children. A few years ago, at a resort we were staying at, every morning the front desk would hand out balloon animals to the children. Every morning DD would pass the balloon animal forward to someone who looked liked they needed it, usually a child. But one morning, she saw an older lady sitting on a bench, looking sad or dejected. I can still see the expression on her face when DD handed her the balloon creation. I can't say for certain what the lady thought, but I know it made my day.

glitter was "herpes of the craft world and never goes away".

My husband's sister went into a glitter and confetti phase a few years back, and sent him a birthday card FULL of both! There was a few flecks of glitter on the outside of the envelope, but we were not prepared for when he opened the card and stuff went everywhere! I declare, I still found glitter on the floor every time I mopped for six months. It must hide in the cracks and reproduce or something. I insisted he open all future mailings from her outside the house!:rotfl2:

My favorite that's been mentioned so far is the glow sticks/necklaces for handing out during the nighttime shows/parade. Cool idea! :thumbsup2

So far I think I'm going to stick with offering to take pictures, paying for people behind me and maybe do glow sticks. I've also been thinking of making a magnet or something to stick on random hotel doors. Maybe a "you've been tinked" even and put a goodie bag on the door. I like doing silly stuff like that.

At Christmas I carry a notepad with Christmas movie quotes on it and tip extra big with the note attached.

To be honest I don't think you need to give dollar store trinkets to strangers who already are having a great day visiting the MK. If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket and want to help out others I would give a donation to a homeless shelter or Children's Hospital. They are the ones needing to 'brighten their day" not a family at an expensive theme park.

BUT if you do want to do something nice at the parks just do stuff like offer your seat on the bus, let others go before you in line, say good morning to people at the bus stop, etc. That kind of thing.

To be honest I don't think you need to give dollar store trinkets to strangers who already are having a great day visiting the MK. If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket and want to help out others I would give a donation to a homeless shelter or Children's Hospital. They are the ones needing to 'brighten their day" not a family at an expensive theme park.

BUT if you do want to do something nice at the parks just do stuff like offer your seat on the bus, let others go before you in line, say good morning to people at the bus stop, etc. That kind of thing.

I couldn't agree more. I would be much more impressed with someone being a decent human being than handing out trinkets. Chances are if I wanted the stuff I would buy it myself.

Whew...when I stumbled across this thread I thought for sure it was another "farting in line" debate.

I am from England and a few times folks have asked me to do their Voice mails messages for them lol! So I now pretend I'm the queen lol. I also give kids and adults my desserts on flight as I can't eat chocolate and many foods due to my medical condition. This also works for MNSSHP! I give away candy I can't eat. I use to give FP but can't anymore because of the new system.

Think what you can offer others that you can't use yourself :-)

Wow....ok....think I may need to shut this thread down. It went from being sharing ideas of ways to be fun and make the park more like one huge family all together to being chastised about an expensive vacation and money burning a whole in a pocket.

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Wow....ok....think I may need to shut this thread down. It went from being sharing ideas of ways to be fun and make the park more like one huge family all together to being chastised about an expensive vacation and money burning a whole in a pocket.

I don't see that...but whatever. I do think handing things to small children is somewhat creepy. My first thought would be why a grown adult with no children is giving my kid something, and she wouldn't be accepting it. Glitter is a giant pain.

I agree with doing something nice for your parents, or simply letting someone ahead of you in line if they have small children who are getting cranky ( that's nice for everyone!) or paying the a meal behind you. Leave it to Disney to create the magic, we pay enough for it. :rotfl:

^ This! ^

Just let Disney do what Disney does. Disney is not currently hiring additional pixies. Leave your glitter, mints, stickers, etc. at home and just be kind to others. It really doesn't take pre-planning, packing extra items, or a dedicated thread. Just go enjoy your vacation.

Sorry if that i how my post made you feel.
My point is that people who can afford to travel to WDW are very fortunate already. They are there enjoying time with their families or friends.

People don't need more STUFF. A kind gesture goes much further than glitter.

Giving random stuff to other guests or CMs in the parks seems to usually be more about the giver than the receiver.

The best kind of pixie dust one adult could give to another in the parks IMO is simple courtesy. Others not being rude obnoxious jerks in the parks is more valuable than being glittered in line, but that's just me.

I'm sorry some people have failed to see that your heart is genuinely in the right place. Don't let other people's opinions steal your joy. Do what you feel is a good deed for strangers and if someone chooses to see something ugly in that, well, that's their misfortune. :goodvibes

I'm sorry some people have failed to see that your heart is genuinely in the right place. Don't let other people's opinions steal your joy. Do what you feel is a good deed for strangers and if someone chooses to see something ugly in that, well, that's their misfortune. :goodvibes

I don't think anyone is seeing anything "ugly" in any of her suggested good deeds, it's just that random acts of kindness seem better than pre-planned things. And most people don't want to be handed extra things from strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter