Pixie Dusting Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oodalally13

DIS Veteran
Hello all! So I've been looking at all the ways to pixie dust kids but my worry was that since it will be me (29) and my parents (51 & 53) on this trip that ppl might think we are creeps or something. It was suggested we just pixie dust other grown ups then. I thought this was a fab idea so now I'm looking for suggestions. Of course there's the standard by a drink/ice cream for the person behind you but what are some other "random acts of pixie" that grown ups might enjoy. What would brighten your day?

I can't think of any ideas but just wanted to say how lovely it is that you want to spend time on your vacation to do something nice for somebody else :thumbsup2

That's very sweet of you, but maybe instead you could pixie dust your own parents? Book a dessert party or a fireworks cruise? Order something from Disney Florist?

Not sure if you want to spend money or not, but you could buy a few Disney pins and give them out to adults who are wearing their pins for trade. Maybe make up a little card that says you are spreading the pixie dust to adults and enjoy......

If you see a person taking a picture of their family, offer to take a few for them so everyone can get in the shot. It's small and free, but it can mean a lot in the moment.

I think it's very sweet of you to want to do something like this for others while on your vacation. What a sweet idea! :thumbsup2

Suggestion: I know a lot of adults (myself included) still like 'kiddie' things, especially while at Disney World (it's the reason they sell adult sized Mickey ears). So maybe you could purchase stickers, wands, plastic crowns, body glitter, etc at a local dollar store or party store and hand them to strangers to make them feel like a princess for a day.

Another idea might be to go to your local Goodwill or Thrift shop and see if you can find any discarded Disney character stuffed animals. You can probably pick them up for less than a dollar a piece, give them a gentle bath and maybe tie a bow on them and attach a little note suggesting that this plush (insert character's name) needs a new home and would love to spend the day exploring Disney World with you and your family. Something like that. That way you're also helping a charity (Goodwill, etc) and giving an old toy a new life. Buzz and Woody would be so proud! :wizard:

Hello all! So I've been looking at all the ways to pixie dust kids but my worry was that since it will be me (29) and my parents (51 & 53) on this trip that ppl might think we are creeps or something. It was suggested we just pixie dust other grown ups then. I thought this was a fab idea so now I'm looking for suggestions. Of course there's the standard by a drink/ice cream for the person behind you but what are some other "random acts of pixie" that grown ups might enjoy. What would brighten your day?

It is nice to know that there are still good people left in this world! Here is some pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

Maybe let someone in front of you in a line

Give a cashier a $20 and tell her it covers then next $20 worth of purchases .

Disney stickers are not very expensive and presently on sale at both Micheals and Joanne fabrics. I don't know of a kid of any age that doesn't like a character sticker while in the world.

You will have fun spreading that pixie dust.;)

1. Party store Disney "goodie bags" filled with candies

2. Disney PEZ

3. Use a cheap draw string backpack and put a bunch of "Grab Bag" stuff in it (pencils, stickers, pens, any cheap dollar store disney stuff, etc.). Let people take their pick :-)

4. (this was my 8 year old's suggestion)... go to Stitch and give people clothesline clips for their noses so they don't smell the stink :lmao:

:goodvibes

Literally pixie dust people. Get some fine loose glitter (or glitter hair spray, but not sure if they'd let that in the parks) and ask parents of kids you see in line. Just tell them that Tink heard there were some awesome kids in the park and she asked if you guys would help her spread the pixie dust. :)

You guys on this forum are great. I never realised the guests do this for other guests. :) Perfect. You guys make me proud to be a CM.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm going to combine all of these. Injustice remember being in MK during spring break. We were walking through the hub right in front of the castle when a mom holding kids hands said to the dad behind her "this place is hell on earth!" All I thought was "ummm I don't think that's what Walt was going for". So then all my thoughts with pixie dusting and what not came to this!

Literally pixie dust people. Get some fine loose glitter (or glitter hair spray, but not sure if they'd let that in the parks) and ask parents of kids you see in line. Just tell them that Tink heard there were some awesome kids in the park and she asked if you guys would help her spread the pixie dust. :)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE by all that is sacred and Disney DO NOT DO THIS. Not all of us are fans of glitter. We are not part of the glitteratti on purpose, and would not find it magical or be amused if someone pixie dusted us or our children. I would seriously be looking for Disney Security... and I'm generally laid back.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE by all that is sacred and Disney DO NOT DO THIS. Not all of us are fans of glitter. We are not part of the glitteratti on purpose, and would not find it magical or be amused if someone pixie dusted us or our children. I would seriously be looking for Disney Security... and I'm generally laid back.

Which is why I said *ASK THE PARENTS*. Calm down, I'm not advocating walking around throwing glitter bombs at people. Sheesh.

Which is why I said *ASK THE PARENTS*. Calm down, I'm not advocating walking around throwing glitter bombs at people. Sheesh.

Have you ever been around someone who is "sprinkling" something in lines at WDW? (think spray bottles with fans) The stuff gets on others around you who may not want to participate. Unless one were to ask the entire line, I wouldn't do it, and I wanted to be clear that there are those of us who would not be happy. If my opinion upsets you, I'm sorry, but it's my opinion and I'm just as entitled to express it as you are to express yours.

Have you ever been around someone who is "sprinkling" something in lines at WDW? (think spray bottles with fans) The stuff gets on others around you who may not want to participate. Unless one were to ask the entire line, I wouldn't do it, and I wanted to be clear that there are those of us who would not be happy. If my opinion upsets you, I'm sorry, but it's my opinion and I'm just as entitled to express it as you are to express yours.

I have to agree with HookdonWDW. For those reasons and also for the rare ones who may be allergic to glitter. We didn't realize there was a girl in one of my daughter's classes at school who is highly allergic to glitter. My daughter had glitter on her shirt and slightly brushed against the girl in a normal, coming-in-the-door fashion and the girl had a reaction that required paramedics. Thankfully she is okay now but we had no idea there was such an allergy. I still we (the parents in that child's class) should have had that info. We felt so bad for putting that poor girl in danger.

I actually have sprinkled glitter on someone in a line, and guess what ... it went on their head, which is where I wanted it to end up. This isn't water from a spray bottle propelled by a fan, this is something that can be put inches above their head and, as long as there isn't a hurricane going on, will fall straight down.

As for being allergic ... that's the first time I've ever heard of someone being allergic to glitter. But just because someone might possibly be allergic to something, does that mean people that aren't can't use it? So I should no longer take peanut butter crackers into the park because someone, somewhere in the park might be allergic to peanuts, and might touch something after me? What about stickers? That's a bad idea, the kid might forget to take it off before the clothes go through the washing machine, and then the shirt would be ruined, or could be allergic to the adhesive. Or erasers, a kid might choke on it, or be allergic to rubber. Again, that's why I said to ask the parents.

I just find it odd that my idea gets jumped on for being a "bad idea" when others didn't.

I think the glitter idea is cute but you WOULD have to ask beforehand. When I was student teaching I had a student that had the really fine glitter in one of those picnic type squirt ketchup bottles on valentines day and would ask if anyone wanted some "love dust" an if so "squirt" some on you. I thought it was cute (and had myself doused) but amputee teacher had said that glitter was "herpes of the craft world and never goes away".

Please let's not start an argument on what was conceived as a "spread the magic" board. It's making me sadder than when I bought my first Mickey bar and it was all smashed and cracked!

Well, it's downright ironic that a sweet post about wanting to do nice things turned into an argument in just a few posts.popcorn::

However, I have brought items to the parks to give to kids (little Disney toys - new - collected beforehand) or glow sticks for parades at night. In order to not be creepy I cup the item in my hand, show it discreetly to the parent, and ask them sotto voce "Can your child have this?" No one has ever said 'no'. When they say 'yes', I hand it to the parent to give it to the child. If the parent tells the kids "This nice lady gave you this" I say "I just saw _____(Lightning McQueen/Rapunzel/Mickey etc)___ and he/she wanted you to have this!" (Usually their T-shirt will indicate what character they like.)

When I've had free dining, I've bought meals for others behind me in line. (Try as we might, we couldn't use all our credits under the old system) One honeymoon couple burst into tears (well, the girl did) when presented with their lunches, and the cast member had to kind of chase after them to proffer their included drinks and desserts.

I'm bringing tons of little gifts for the people in my own party; might as well share the love! :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter