Pixie Dusting Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I have to play along?

I didn't ask for the person to approach me. They inserted themselves into my space uninvited to seek attention for themselves. It is not up to me to sooth their egos when I did not engage the interaction. Some of the givers here seem to think that they have the right to impose themselves on others and others absolutely have to play along.

I would try to be polite, but probably wouldn't be able to completely hide the vibe that I thought the person was a few fries short of a Happy Meal. It would be a short and curt "no thank you," along with turning my back on the person. I certainly would not "play along" as that would encourage the behavior.

And I am just as entitled to that reaction as somebody who gets mad when people rebuff their attention seeking behavior. If it was truly about distributing kindness and not about attention seeking, the giver would just skip away to their next mark.

You missed the next sentence of the person you quoted which said, "There are even ways to handle it if you want no parts of it."

Of course you're entitled to your reaction. The person you're arguing with didn't even dispute that.

This is not directed to anyone in particular, but it seems some just want to fight here, and poke fun at others.

I don't want glitter on me, and I, for one, would be taken aback if a stranger were to offer me or someone in my family a random gift. I, like many of you, would like no part of it. I *get* it.

However, all this stuff about how it's all about the giver seeking attention? What? Let's not fight just for the sake of fighting.

I really wish we could stay on topic. I'm sure most adults would like some pixie dust. The problem seems to be defining how to do this.

I really wish we could stay on topic. I'm sure most adults would like some pixie dust. The problem seems to be defining how to do this.

If it's anything other than just plain ol' kindness and good manners coming from anyone other than a cast member... I'll pass. I don't go to Disney so that others can live out their fantasies of being fairies, pixies, sprites, dwarfs, elves, or even goblins or trolls. I don't want to be sprinkled, spritzed, sprayed, doused, or fumigated with any dust, dirt, powder, glitter, trinkets, gas, or magical fecal matter.

But this is just my opinion. Please don't let my opinion "ruin your magic". pixiedust:

You missed the next sentence of the person you quoted which said, "There are even ways to handle it if you want no parts of it."

Of course you're entitled to your reaction. The person you're arguing with didn't even dispute that.

This is not directed to anyone in particular, but it seems some just want to fight here, and poke fun at others.

I don't want glitter on me, and I, for one, would be taken aback if a stranger were to offer me or someone in my family a random gift. I, like many of you, would like no part of it. I *get* it.

However, all this stuff about how it's all about the giver seeking attention? What? Let's not fight just for the sake of fighting.
You are right. However, the thread is filled with derogatory remarks aimed at people who were saying that they would not appreciate being pixie dusted with material things.

It makes one a bit defensive when the OP is internet yelling at anybody who expressed an opinion she did not like.

People were called trolls, ugly, snobbish and argumentative if they disagreed that giving stuff would be appreciated by everybody.

The OP should do what she wants to do. However, she should be aware that not everybody will appreciate it. In fact I would be the majority of other adults not as into Disney as the DISboards would think another adult giving out small dollar store trinkets a little strange. If somebody refuses, they are not trolls, ugly, or snobs if the refuse. The OP should not be offended and yell at them and just move on, perhaps to somebody wearing lime green.

If it's anything other than just plain ol' kindness and good manners coming from anyone other than a cast member... I'll pass. I don't go to Disney so that others can live out their fantasies of being fairies, pixies, sprites, dwarfs, elves, or even goblins or trolls. I don't want to be sprinkled, spritzed, sprayed, doused, or fumigated with any dust, dirt, powder, glitter, trinkets, gas, or magical fecal matter.

But this is just my opinion. Please don't let my opinion "ruin your magic". pixiedust:

:thumbsup2

Ok let's get this cleared up. I have absolutely NO problem with different opinions. I DO have a problem with those that used rude terminologies and statements in their posts. I DO have a problem with being labeled as a person doing what I considered to be nice things as being only to make MYSELF feel better. I didn't directly quote and attack said people because that would be wrong too. I addressed the entire thread with the thumper quote to remind all.

There's something I tell my class kids....if you get offended so easily by something that is not directed AT YOU, then you must have guilty feelings about something you have done. Likewise, if you are all upset about being called a troll then perhaps you have a guilty conscience for it.

I thank you all for your opinions as I have now decided to run through WDW knocking down the young and elderly in my way to do what I want to do. I will take the last item out someone else,s hand because I want it and then I will shout loudly how all this trip is about me and my family only because we spent and exorhibitant amount of money on it. I will also ask that guest services tell all park visitors that day to please walk with heads down, no smiling talking and laughing.

Have a tinkerific day to all of you!

This thread made me remember an experience we had at DHS with FP-.

We were hanging around the ToT area waiting for a member of our party (I can't remember what she was doing) and then planning on leaving the park after. A little boy came up to us offering us FP for ToT. We declined, because we were leaving, and gave us a sad little "oh, okay" and walked away. We noticed that his Dad was filming the entire exchange. I guess we experienced some of that planned pixie dust first hand. Makes me laugh now, and wonder if the Dad was a DIS member.

This thread has been sufficiently run into the ground, so I am closing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter