Pixie Dust, Pineapples, & Plummits - a May 2011 TR - Updated 3/17/12

Wow, you must have just wanted to be done with this TR.

Love all the updates. That Tigger outfit is too cute. I thought about being something for our future baby but I am always afraid to jinx myself. I was at Target or Walmart a few months back and they had so many adorable Disney onesies, it was hard not to buy them all. I haven't seen any lately.

I can't wait to hear what exciting news you have and where you are staying next time. It will be hard to beat AKL CL. I haven't been reading any Pretrip reports since once my trip is over next month I won't be able to get on the Dis much due to Disney withrawl but I am sure I can keep up with your updating schedule.

GREAT TRIP REPORT!

I was way behind- lots to do with the boys starting school and all of our fall activities- flag football, theatre, PTA, etc!

I'm glad you enjoyed Yak and Yeti. We ate there in 2008 and had really good meals. Didn't try the fried wontons, but they sound heavenly.

Very clever breakfast the next day- leftovers from Y&Y and Zebra Domes! That works!

You did a lot of things at HS that I have never done:

Animation Academy- every year I say "This is the year" and it isn't- I love your Eyore drawing!!!

Butterfinger (or any) cupcake. Need to add Starring Roles to our "to do" list

Buzz and Woody Meet and Greet- I love the pictures I have seen from the queue and your pictures with them are awesome!

Woo-hoo on getting the cowboy scene during GMR. Finally saw that last year for the first time.

Your picture of Ariel in VoTLM is really good.

Loved your mad dash to MK- so sorry you missed out on the Dole Whips :( The tigger onsie is adorable! And orange, so it works for a girl cub or a boy cub!

Wow, I am so happy to hear you have another trip to Disney planned and I look forward to reading all about it! Also hope that you have some happy news to share with us soon! Fingers crossed for you and your husband!

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

Dee

Just wanted to say I read your entire TR just now and really enjoyed it! I can't imagine going through the check-in process ya'll did. I was picturing our family (with 3 young kids) sitting around all day waiting. I would have been livid and not very nice! We had a similiar disheartening situation at Akershus in Norway. I think it's that we plan and fantasize about these vacations for so long and when something goes wrong it's like "How dare you ruin my vacay?!??!" I was in tears also standing in line waiting to be seated, so I can sympathize with you. Also, I LOVED the Tigger onesie!!

There must be something in the air at HS... that is the park where our one (and only) meltdown has happened!

I did the Animation Academy for the first time on my trip... I don't know why we never did it before! It was a lot of fun. Wish we had drawn Eeyore, though! (We had Jiminy Cricket the first time, the Mickey the next)

I'll keep my eyes open for your PTR!

My laptop died :( Luckily I was able to get the hard drive off of it, but I've been using DH's laptop and I just don't like it LOL. My new one is hopefully going to be shipped soon, so I'll update on our next trip when I can! I hope everyone is doing well!

Congratulations on being so close to your nursing degree. Good luck on all of the work/exams in the next month.

Very exciting trip plans!

What cruise line are you using? Have you checked out the cruise critic website? Great info board, like the DIS.

Love your plan to spend a day at EPCOT! Definitely some good reasoning in choosing that park. There really is enough to see there to last a day. We did a one-day at MK in July. It was amazing, but really greuling (in a good way).

Keep us posted on all your plans!

Congrats on being so close to done. :banana:

A cruise is a perfect way to sneak in some Disney:thumbsup2 We are only spending one night at MK but I am thinking about sneaking away in the morning and heading to Epcot all by myself. I doubt I will ever be there during Food and Wine again. We'll see. I'm not sure I really want to pay for a one day ticket just to pay to eat some food.

I wanted to buy one day tickets from undercover tourist, but they do not sell 1 day tickets. Does anyone know of any legit site to buy one day tickets, or should we just buy them when we get there?

We got our one-day Disney tickets from the Disney website. When we decided we were going to sneak in one MK day during our Universal Vacation, I started charging up my Disney Chase Visa big time for rewards points. We got an offer for 5x points on gas and grocery for a couple of months, so that really helps. We earned $165 in a few months, which paid for about half of the tickets we needed.

AAA may have one day tickets.

And you could always hope that the 2012 Disney promotion, if they have one, is a like the Give-A-Day, Get-A-Day promotion where you volunteer and earn a days admission. I have read a couple of rumors that next years promotion will be similar.

my goodness congrats on everything and a baby! aww i love to see good things happen to people. congrats on school too. i got pinned as a respiratory therapist in December as well! I wish i was lucky as you to have job. Good luck with everything!

Congratulations on your news!!! Both the pinning, the new job, but especially your pregnancy! I know how much you are looking forward to the baby!!!

Glad you came and unlocked and then updated us with your news!

Wishing great health to you and a very happy 2012!

Dee

:dance3:I am so glad you were able to unlock your thread so you could do an update.

Congrats on your pinning, getting a full time job and most of all congrats on your pregnancy. I remember reading how much you guys were looking forward to having a baby and I am so happy that it worked out for you.:dance3:

my goodness congrats on everything and a baby! aww i love to see good things happen to people. congrats on school too. i got pinned as a respiratory therapist in December as well! I wish i was lucky as you to have job. Good luck with everything!

Thank you! Congratulations on your graduation as well, I hope you get a job soon!

Congratulations on your news!!! Both the pinning, the new job, but especially your pregnancy! I know how much you are looking forward to the baby!!!

Glad you came and unlocked and then updated us with your news!

Wishing great health to you and a very happy 2012!

Dee

Thank you so much! We are definitely looking forward to finally being our own family!

Major congrats on EVERYTHING!!! Too much to list! SO GRATS GRATS GRATS!!!! :cloud9:

Thank you so much!

:dance3:I am so glad you were able to unlock your thread so you could do an update.

Congrats on your pinning, getting a full time job and most of all congrats on your pregnancy. I remember reading how much you guys were looking forward to having a baby and I am so happy that it worked out for you.:dance3:

Thank you so much!!

I'm sorry to hear about the morning sickness.:sick: Hopefully that will pass soon.

Your trip sounds great. It will be nice to have your famiy along for the first trip with the baby. It will be great if your parents drive and they can bring down all the extra stuff.

AOA looks so cool. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. And now I'll get to see all of your pictures that you take when you write your TR:thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear about the morning sickness.:sick: Hopefully that will pass soon.

Your trip sounds great. It will be nice to have your famiy along for the first trip with the baby. It will be great if your parents drive and they can bring down all the extra stuff.

AOA looks so cool. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. And now I'll get to see all of your pictures that you take when you write your TR:thumbsup2

I just hope we aren't crazy for trying to take a 5 month old to Disney. Hopefully with help the trip will go smooth! I can't believe how excited I am to try AOA. I thought staying at WL & AKL would turn us into Deluxe snobs LOL. Definitely exctied about writing this TR, we've been trying to get my family to go to Disney with us for a few years now! Hoping it all works out.

Sounds like a good start to your trip planning. I think taking a 5 month old will fine. You wouldn't want to go when the baby is first born, because you will still be recovering and you won't want him/her around big crowds. But at 5 months the baby will probably not be mobile (crawling or rolling) and that is a good thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter