Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Where you say? Let me explain........the tale of "Terry-tory Lounge, otherwise known as getting TFO"😂

Us, @kastoney, @Elevationist @IowaTater @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe and @buzzrelly were all staying at the WL; @fallonkendra and her DH Luke plus @pepperandchips and her DH joined us on this fine evening. We were having a great time relaxing eating and drinking when out of nowhere this man came up behind Jenny and asked if he could finish her food, WHAT?????? Followed by a request to take our picture. This turned in to him being IN a picture with us much to Steve;s disgust as you'll notice; and someone else's disgust too:

terry.JPG

terry2.JPG

Here's the picture that Melinda @pepperandchips dubbed "Steve - getting tfo"
terry3.jpg

OK I need to hang out with you guys more, you have the funnest experiences!

I was able to introduce Fallon and Luke to the wonderfulness that is the Roarking Fork Magic Bar:

magic bar.jpg

And they liked it, they really really liked it!!!!
I totally need to try one!
brunch1.jpg

Yes Jenny and I did purposely dress them alike today lol.
Lookin' good!
And even though they didn't match a cute pic of Steve x2 @chunkymonkey:

brunch6.jpg
LOL "The Orignal Steves who were Not Allowed!!"
BTW to everyone I stole these pictures from - well yeah, we kinda called sharesies lol. Like this one!

brunch5.jpg
Awww love this pic of us, kinda candid and kinda not.
That was THAT chocolate that resembled a certain anatomy. No wonder Kari is holding it very gently.
This isn't listed on the menu and I can't remember what it was called but it was like a liqueur cake with corn flakes on top and a vanilla-y ice cream. Somewhere in there was an orange liquid or liqueur of some kind too? I know this is a great description! Overall this was super duper sweet and super duper delicious. I wanted to get another one but there was so much goodness try and it was on the filling side.
Was it a Baba Rhum?

Yes we had Joe and Steve in matching shirts!
I would be down for wearing matching shirts with the boys. If I ever get to an Epic trip we’ll have to coordinate!

The dark chocolate brittle was scrumptious as were the macaroons - I had a vanilla and I think the chocolate? And then one of the dark chocolate pieces of......chocolate. Kari particularly was fascinated with the lighter chocolates, the red and yellow ones 🍫
My DD would enjoy the macaroons
It looks like a good plate
I wouldn’t have realized those red and yellow ones were chocolate though , good you pointed that out

Anyway we had finished our F&G fun and had to leave to get to our group evening event! This entailed walking to the Beach Club and was supposed to be 3 (4??) boats full of EPIC DISers taking an Illuminations Cruise, except the skies TOTALLY opened up about 15 or so minutes before we were supposed to board and the cruises were cancelled. At first it was drizzling so we all waited it out under umbrella tables at Hurricane Hannah's where many of us ended up drenched anyway. Some of our men braved the rain when under cover seating became scarce:
Oh no! Too bad about the cruise......
Us, @kastoney, @Elevationist @IowaTater @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe and @buzzrelly were all staying at the WL; @fallonkendra and her DH Luke plus @pepperandchips and her DH joined us on this fine evening. We were having a great time relaxing eating and drinking when out of nowhere this man came up behind Jenny and asked if he could finish her food, WHAT?????? Followed by a request to take our picture. This turned in to him being IN a picture with us much to Steve;s disgust as you'll notice; and someone else's disgust too:
But if you had have gone on the cruise the hilarity of "Terry-tory-Terry" would never have happened and that little piece of hilarity was EVERYTHING!
Now can you guess what the guy's name was? Oh and see Mr. Happy smiling behind Billie? He was with Terry and had struck up a conversation with Steve. Then as soon as the pictures started he pushed Steve out of the way and sat in the extra chair which is what really pushed Steve over the edge 🤣
No, just no! I think Bill would have wanted to punch that guy.
We didn't have to be up super early so around 9:45 I think we met up with Kelly Kari Jenny and Joe at the boat dock:
So all look so fresh and pretty!
We're down to ONE WEEK until our July 4th trip people! AND we get to see some of our EPIC trip friends again: Renee @ArielSRL and her DH plus we get to meet her boys this time, and the always fab and fun Mr. and Mrs. @pepperandchips will be there! I'm also hoping to have my first meet with the lovely Susan @suse66 :goodvibes
So looking forward to it!!! :goodvibes
🍫I did take pictures of food too which BTW was out of this world and I would absolutely do brunch again! Debating seeing if I can get it for Sept. but I know we want to do the F&W booths alot so....... for starters here's a picture of the dessert plate they bring out:
Mmmmmm! I can't wait for that brunch on July 7th!

We're down to ONE WEEK until our July 4th trip people! AND we get to see some of our EPIC trip friends again: Renee @ArielSRL and her DH plus we get to meet her boys this time, and the always fab and fun Mr. and Mrs. @pepperandchips will be there! I'm also hoping to have my first meet with the lovely Susan @suse66 :goodvibes

Yes we had Joe and Steve in matching shirts! Well our kids are too old to match these days so.......

twins2.jpeg

True love :love:

Um I see a couple ladies are missing drinks but I'll forgive them lol:

It wasn't me, for once!

Yes we had Joe and Steve in matching shirts! Well our kids are too old to match these days so.......
So, we did the next best thing... :love:

I forgot to mention how I love your new avatar...sure Jenny is loving it
I am!!!! :rotfl2:

Umm, yeah!!!!! Next trip for sure!!!!!!:love:

That was THAT chocolate that resembled a certain anatomy. No wonder Kari is holding it very gently.
Yes! That's what I'm talking about...smoochers...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

twins.jpeg
True love!!! These totally look like wedding photos

the always sassy always classy :rolleyes1 Kari @kastoney!
I'm definitely always always and maybe a little sassy but we all know classy is never a word used for me :earboy2:

In fact she was so in awe of these she wanted to pose with one:

IMG_1780.JPG
Speaking of classy :D Now I finally know where Casey got her food modeling skills from.

This is the kinder gentler photos :earboy2:

Thankfully for me (and her) Ariane posted the nice version of these photos

I forgot to mention how I love your new avatar...sure Jenny is loving it
Thanks :rotfl2: I have to give credit where credit is due: Kari started it :ssst: And then it just snowballed into myself and @pepperandchips taking it to the next level and YES, Jenny does love it lol!

You should lol! It's like these people and things just find us :laughing:

totally need to try one!
I did not realize you'd never had one, you do need to rectify that for sure ::yes::

LOL "The Orignal Steves who were Not Allowed!!"
Perfect! That needs to go on a shirt.......

Awww love this pic of us, kinda candid and kinda not.

I do too, it's cute and fun!

Was it a Baba Rhum?
OK I'm too tired to look that up right now lol but it doesn't sound familiar. It was at a table over to the side against the windows and it had a southern sounding name? And I swear cornflakes was in it :scratchin I suppose I need to do the brunch again to accurately report on it!

I would be down for wearing matching shirts with the boys. If I ever get to an Epic trip we’ll have to coordinate!
We shall do it! Hopefully you can make the next one which I believe will be 2021!

My DD would enjoy the macaroons
It looks like a good plate
Everything we tried was delicious; the problem is you're so full from the FOOD it's hard to have room for desserts! I know people are able to have the desserts boxed up to be brought back to your room but we were going right to a park and it was hot out so that wouldn't have worked.

But if you had have gone on the cruise the hilarity of "Terry-tory-Terry" would never have happened and that little piece of hilarity was EVERYTHING!
That is very true and while I'm sure the cruise would have been super fun with the whole crew, this was truly like the best (or maybe 2nd best) night of the trip :love:

No, just no! I think Bill would have wanted to punch that guy.
That is exactly how Steve felt and exactly why he was walking away.....he's from the Bronx remember lol and they don't take any S*&$!

all look so fresh and pretty!
:thanks:

It wasn't me, for once!
And it wasn't even a Truly!

:rotfl:
True love!!! These totally look like wedding photos
Or like the announcements that used to go in newspapers!

I'm definitely always always and maybe a little sassy but we all know classy is never a word used for me :earboy2:
Oh I was seriously just joking there :banana: Classy we ain't!

hankfully for me (and her) Ariane posted the nice version of these photos
We gotta have each others' backs girl, make a photo album we can leave our kids when we die to remind them how embarrassing we were lol

HAPPY SATURDAY! You know I didn't even realize it was the beginning of a holiday weekend since the holiday isn't until Thursday, but driving to the Bronx Zoo today the highways were full of cops. That also means our Disney trip is a mere 4 days away!!!
I'm going to try at least finishing up our last full day before I go so let me continue with our brunch:

IMG_1771.JPG

This was one of my plates - a piece of some type of frittata, a cheddar biscuit, a raspberry scone and a deviled egg with bacon on top and what I believe was a sriracha sauce. Whatever it was it had a KICK and it was delicious! I think the best deviled egg I've ever had. The cheddar biscuit was also fantastic; the frittata was good and the scone while not my favorite was tasty. I didn't take pics of my other plates or Steve's except when it came to our entrees!

Steak and Eggs
Two Eggs Any-Style, Charred Tomato Barbecue, Sage Fingerling Potatoes, Lime Aïoli

IMG_1774.JPG

I don't love this picture but this was the most phenomenal steak I have ever had. It was so tender like filet and the flavor was amazing; the eggs were good too not your standard Disney eggs (which I love anyway) but better! I wanted this again as soon as I finished.

Steve got this-

Blackened Gulf Shrimp
Maque Choux, Neuske's Bacon, Parmesan Grits

IMG_1775.JPG

You know I don't do seafood but he loved this. A couple views from the top:

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG

After a couple hours we all split up with Kari, Kelly, Steve and I heading to HS to burn some FP's. We did say good-bye to some of the group but were hoping to meet up with others later that night.

Bus ride to HS!

buzzrelly3.JPG

And once there:

buzzrelly.jpg

Our first order of business was my personal favorite: TOT. Kari @kastoney does not feel quite the same about this famous hotel as I do so I was dying to ride with her! We were all a little scared:

IMG_1796.JPG

But even though Kari doesn't like it Kelly @buzzrelly is the one who looks terrified :rotfl2::rolleyes1

55tot.jpeg

I would have LOVED to ride again but that wait time was like 93K (remember the picture I posted when I started this EPIC update?) and the line as seriously long. On top of the that the skies looked like they were going to open up any minute so we decided to find an indoor activity - and did we EVER :rolleyes1 But let's save that for my next post. Before I go though I want to give a shout out and a huge :thanks: to our dear friend Jenny @Jenny Sanders for sending these to Steve!

IMG_2252.JPG

Yes those are Moscow Mule gummies! And he loves them :love: And I love all my DIS friends!

I figured I'd post a few pictures from our trip to the Bronx Zoo today too. My youngest nephew Trevor, my sisters son, is visiting fro Georgia so Steve and I took him today:

IMG_2254.JPG

Sea Lion Pool:

IMG_2268.JPG

Main Zoo Center:

IMG_2273.JPG

Statue of one of the original Rhinos at the zoo located outside the Zoo Center building:

IMG_2275.JPG

It's never a trip to a zoo without some species going at it! Today it was the mongoose:

IMG_2280.JPG

They're inside the giraffe building:

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

I love this zoo and all the conservation work they do but I'm not fond of the small area the giraffes are in when they aren't outside.

Now this was super weird, a sleeping Anteater. Picture is dark because he was inside and it was dark in there:

IMG_2289.JPG

I thought it was a statue but he's real! That's how they sleep!
Finally this guy. The wild cats are my favorite:

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2299.JPG

We lasted about 4 hours plus lunch before my nephew declared his feet too sore to go on :laughing: We'd only walked 4 miles! He begs me to take him to Disney and I explained he'd be walking 3x as much there! We had a good day time, he's enjoying being away from his terrorizing older brothers!

I would have LOVED to ride again but that wait time was like 93K (remember the picture I posted when I started this EPIC update?) and the line as seriously long. On top of the that the skies looked like they were going to open up any minute so we decided to find an indoor activity - and did we EVER :rolleyes1 But let's save that for my next post. Before I go though I want to give a shout out and a huge :thanks: to our dear friend Jenny @Jenny Sanders for sending these to Steve!
Looks like a super fun time on ToT! I'm betting you took refuge at Baseline Tap House......or HBD??
I figured I'd post a few pictures from our trip to the Bronx Zoo today too. My youngest nephew Trevor, my sisters son, is visiting fro Georgia so Steve and I took him today:
Nice! Although I have a hard time with zoos now. The giraffe picture you posted makes me sad. So funny that he is tired after 4 miles....he will have to train for Disney!

Whatever it was it had a KICK and it was delicious! I think the best deviled egg I've ever had. The cheddar biscuit was also fantastic;
Oh these were both so good. I love, love, love deviled eggs and this was a dang good one. And that biscuit!!! I couldn't have eaten 10 if everything else wasn't so dang good.

IMG_1774.JPG

I don't love this picture but this was the most phenomenal steak I have ever had. It was so tender like filet and the flavor was amazing; the eggs were good too not your standard Disney eggs (which I love anyway) but better! I wanted this again as soon as I finished.
Must have been all the Mimosas but i had no idea you loved this so much. Jason got the same thing on our last visit and while he liked it it definitely wasn't cooked as well as this one.

Kari @kastoney does not feel quite the same about this famous hotel as I do so I was dying to ride with her! We were all a little scared:

IMG_1796.JPG
Pretty sure I was the one dying!!!

But even though Kari doesn't like it Kelly @buzzrelly is the one who looks terrified :rotfl2::rolleyes1

55tot.jpeg
She does! It was all a rouse. I really love this ride and its Kelly who relly doesn't! :earboy2:

This totally reminds me of the giraffes that are on screen during the lion king scene of Philharmagic

Wow, wouldn't want to be on the other side of that tree. A guy I work with just got back from Africa where they went on safari for several days. You cannot believe the photos including on of a leopard in a tree totally going to town on whatever he'd found himself for lunch.

Bus ride to HS!

buzzrelly3.JPG

Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Kari @kastoney would have been dancing on that pole, apparently!

55tot.jpeg

:laughing: I'm holding on for dear life!

On top of the that the skies looked like they were going to open up any minute so we decided to find an indoor activity - and did we EVER :rolleyes1 But let's save that for my next post.

huge :thanks: to our dear friend Jenny @Jenny Sanders for sending these to Steve!

IMG_2252.JPG

Yes those are Moscow Mule gummies!

How funny, and how perfect for Steve!

It's never a trip to a zoo without some species going at it! Today it was the mongoose:

IMG_2280.JPG

:rotfl2:

I love this zoo and all the conservation work they do but I'm not fond of the small area the giraffes are in when they aren't outside.

Also, can you even go anywhere without comparing it to Disney?? Last weekend, Allie and I stayed up in Boston for a dance comp and we got to the hotel around 11am so I went to the desk to check-in and the clerk says, "your room isn't ready." And I said, "that's okay," and just kind of stood there and she just kind of stared at me blankly. So I said, "what do I do now?" and she said, "come back later to see if we have a room ready." So I said, "Oh. I don't just check-in and then get a text when my room is ready?" I think she thought I was nuts! :rotfl2:

I haven't been to the Bronx Zoo in years, but we really liked it when the kids were little. If I went now, I'd be looking for the Baobab Trees!

We lasted about 4 hours plus lunch before my nephew declared his feet too sore to go on :laughing: We'd only walked 4 miles! He begs me to take him to Disney and I explained he'd be walking 3x as much there!

Sounds like he needs to do some serious training before you take him!

Before I go though I want to give a shout out and a huge :thanks: to our dear friend Jenny @Jenny Sanders for sending these to Steve!

IMG_2252.JPG

Yes those are Moscow Mule gummies! And he loves them :love: And I love all my DIS friends!
:love: :love::love::love2::love2::love2:

Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Kari @kastoney would have been dancing on that pole, apparently!
Umm, DUH! LOL!!!

How funny, and how perfect for Steve!
Every time I see these I think of Steve. So, last week i pulled the plunge and sent him a few...

I loved the brunch, so glad I was able to experience it and with such great people!

For being a chicken on rides, I really like ToT!

It looks like Kari has a secret about that red chocolate :rotfl2:

Hi Ariane, it's been awhile since I have had a chance to get back to trip reports but I'm all caught up and have enjoyed all the updates. The trip to the zoo sounds like fun, it's nice that you can spend some one on one time with your nephew. They closed the sea lion exhibit at our zoo, I was really disappointed, it's so fun watch them.

twins.jpeg
They were good sports for sure!

Everyone looks fabulous!

for starters here's a picture of the dessert plate they bring out:

brunch4.jpg
Now, if I could get them to bring out 3 of these for Gwen by herself, maybe she would eat her money's worth. Think they would do that? no?

our Disney trip is a mere 4 days away!!!
Lucky!!!!

Our first order of business was my personal favorite: TOT. Kari @kastoney does not feel quite the same about this famous hotel as I do so I was dying to ride with her! We were all a little scared:

IMG_1796.JPG
I think you had more fun in the que than the ride itself.

I got these in my Christmas Stocking this year! Very tasty. So are the Champagne ones...

We are totally not baseball fans but they employ about 100 high school kids each summer and 90% of them are from his high school, so with about 10 of his friends he's slinging stadium food until right after Labor Day

That sounds like a really fun summer job for a kid though!

This entailed walking to the Beach Club and was supposed to be 3 (4??) boats full of EPIC DISers taking an Illuminations Cruise, except the skies TOTALLY opened up about 15 or so minutes before we were supposed to board and the cruises were cancelled

That's so sad that you guys couldn't do this, would have been super fun. Though it looks like you still had an amazing time with the alternative :))

You know I didn't even realize it was the beginning of a holiday weekend since the holiday isn't until Thursday

The holiday is already here, it's CANADA DAY!!!

I figured I'd post a few pictures from our trip to the Bronx Zoo today too.

You live close enough to go there for a day trip? How cool!! Love the pics!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter