Pirates on the Dining Plan!! A week of Disney dining! (with lots of pics!)

Just finished going through your dining report and all I can say is, "YUM!" Great pictures.

Thanks for posting these reviews and pictures - they are great! I just got a hold of this thread and read it all in one sitting - just gobbled it up :rotfl:

I just finished the entire thread. Just want to say thank you for taking the time and posting such a wonderful and detailed trip report.. Very Nice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again. I enjoyed it very much.

I have a question! *raises hand*

I cannot wait to try Wolfgang Puck Express. The food looks so yummy!

I was looking at the menu's and there's 2 WGPE.. one says Cafe the other just says WGPE whats the difference? where can you get all the goodies from, like breakfast and those yummy looking sandwiches??

I have a question! *raises hand*

I cannot wait to try Wolfgang Puck Express. The food looks so yummy!

I was looking at the menu's and there's 2 WGPE.. one says Cafe the other just says WGPE whats the difference? where can you get all the goodies from, like breakfast and those yummy looking sandwiches??

WPCafe is a TS restaurant at Downtown Disney Westside.
WPExpress is Downtown Marketplace, where World of Disney is. It is a Counter Service Restaurant. This is where we usually go for breakfast and all the other yummy food!

And THANKS for reading!! :flower3:

WPCafe is a TS restaurant at Downtown Disney Westside.
WPExpress is Downtown Marketplace, where World of Disney is. It is a Counter Service Restaurant. This is where we usually go for breakfast and all the other yummy food!

And THANKS for reading!! :flower3:

Oh ok, thanks!:hug:

Karin, I'm back from my WDW trip, and I believe I have the answer to the "molty tea" mystery.

I did stop by the Royal Anandapur Tea Company, and I made hubby get a photo of the sign describing the teas. I can see why a person might think that the letter in question is an "o", but I'm pretty sure it's actually an "a", making the word in the description for the Assam TGFOP "malty" rather than "molty".

P4280052.jpg

By the way, I did order a cup, and I have to admit that I didn't love it. It was just waaaay too strong for me, and I do like my tea pretty strong! However, I think the young man who made it for me just put too much tea in the bag. As you probably remember, they spoon loose tea into bags when you order it, and the bags are quite large. I ordered the smallest size cup, and he spooned in so much tea that the bag almost filled the cup! :scared1: I am in the habit of just leaving my tea bags in while I drink, since I like my tea strong, but this time I think I should have taken it out after a couple of minutes. I ended up with quite a bitter taste.

Thank you for the awesome review. First time that I have ever been glued to a dining review!!! We are doing counter service dining plan this time, and will certainly be eating at WPE alot!!

Let me start by apologizing to everyone who has posted here and I did not respond for SO long!!
Between real life, work and planning more trips I really got "sidetracked" and never got back to this one!

But I will update with the rest of the promised DLRP dining review today! :goodvibes

More lovely photos Karin :thumbsup2 That Kobe burger looks really disappointing - and, for the record, I despise cold mozzarella so I would have been pretty unhappy with that. The profiterole looked lovely but absolutely huge!

That burger WAS disappointing :lmao: and even though I love my cold Mozzarella with Tomato, basil and some balsamic - it's not very pleasant when it is served cold on a hot burger!
You are right on the profiterole - it was HUGE!!! We should have put something beside it, so it would have been more easy to compare.

Oh, by the way, were you able to enjoy some of your Leibnitz cookies?

We arrive on the 7th Sept for 13 nights at Old Key West + FREE dining! Then a 4 night cruise on the Wonder (our 1st ever cruise) & 4 more nights at the Poly, arriving home on the 29th....I can't wait!!!:cool1:

Great pics of DLRP. :)

Hey, guess what! We changed our reservation from POR to Old Key West too! We got a fab offer from Disney.co.uk with a 42% discount for Old Key West AND free dining! We'll be there from Aug 31 to Sept 12, so we'll be there the same time as you are!!
See ya there!:flower3:

YAY more pics!!!! Awesome!!! I love them.

More to come in a little while! :goodvibes

Loving the DLP pictures! I'd love to see it in person one day! :goodvibes

Well, Europe is always worth a trip! ;) and DLRP is really worth it, now that there are two parks! Those parks are so similar and then so different, LOL, if that makes sense!

Great night pictures.
The Kobe burger doesn't sound impressive to me too. First off it says "Australain beef?" Is that supposed to be a treat? Evey Amercian that I knw that has gone to Australia has said the meat there is super gross and nast ycompared to the US. :lmao:

Well, Kobe beef is supposed to be very special. I actually prefer Austrian beef to ANY other beef, but it was the way this was prepared that made it so unappetizing.

Great dining review!!! I feel so hungry already! LOL!

Hope you had something to eat in the meantime ;)! Thanks for reading!

Just finished going through your dining report and all I can say is, "YUM!" Great pictures.

Thank you! :flower3:

Thanks for posting these reviews and pictures - they are great! I just got a hold of this thread and read it all in one sitting - just gobbled it up :rotfl:

Wow! I am glad you liked it! It's so much fun sharing with my Disfriends! :flower3:

Oh ok, thanks!:hug:

You are welcome!

Karin, I'm back from my WDW trip, and I believe I have the answer to the "molty tea" mystery.

I did stop by the Royal Anandapur Tea Company, and I made hubby get a photo of the sign describing the teas. I can see why a person might think that the letter in question is an "o", but I'm pretty sure it's actually an "a", making the word in the description for the Assam TGFOP "malty" rather than "molty".

P4280052.jpg

By the way, I did order a cup, and I have to admit that I didn't love it. It was just waaaay too strong for me, and I do like my tea pretty strong! However, I think the young man who made it for me just put too much tea in the bag. As you probably remember, they spoon loose tea into bags when you order it, and the bags are quite large. I ordered the smallest size cup, and he spooned in so much tea that the bag almost filled the cup! :scared1: I am in the habit of just leaving my tea bags in while I drink, since I like my tea strong, but this time I think I should have taken it out after a couple of minutes. I ended up with quite a bitter taste.

I thought that must have been a mistake when I copied the description from allears, but then, since this is not my first language, I thought that I might be wrong. :confused3
As for your tea being bitter - I am SURE that was far too much tea for a small cup and if you leave the tea in, esp. with high quality tea like this, it tends to get VERY bitter if you leave the tea in longer than 5 minutes. Has nothing to do with being strong, just with tannin being desolved and making the tea bitter.

Copied this from a British site:
Black teas are usually brewed for about 4 minutes and should not be allowed to steep for less than 30 seconds or more than about five minutes (a process known as brewing or mashing in the UK, specifically in Yorkshire). Longer steeping times make the tea bitter.

Thank you for the awesome review. First time that I have ever been glued to a dining review!!! We are doing counter service dining plan this time, and will certainly be eating at WPE alot!!

Wow! What a praise! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
WPE is the best use of a CS credit :love: the food is just devine and it is as close to a TS as can be. And I am not saying this because Wolfgang Puck is a fellow Austrian! ;)

Okay, here is the promised Dining Report from DLRP.

On our last day of the December trip we decided to dine at Walt's, an American Restaurant.
Walt's is on Main Street and if you are lucky you'll score a table overlooking Main Street and you can watch the Character Caravan or the parades from your table.
So we went to have breakfast at our hotel, the Kyriad, then loaded everything into the car and headed for the New York hotel to park the car (parking at any Disney hotel is a perk that comes with the AP) and head to the Disneyland Park. We got on a lot of the rides and were able to fit all our favourite rides in before our lunch reservation.

IMG_9761.jpg

Walt's is a must do for us - even though its standards have been slipping lately.
We signed in and were seated within a few minutes. We were lucky, we had a table right at the window overlooking Main Street.

IMG_9772.jpg

We decided on the 3 course fixed price menu.

IMG_9767.jpg

Our waiter brought out the fresh warm bread rolls and Disigny butter! Very nice!

IMG_9775.jpg

Tom's starter was the New England Clam Cowder – clams, potatoes, lardons and onions. He has had that on previous trips and liked it, and it still puzzles me that every time we go it is served in the same dish, but looks very different from the last time. :confused3

IMG_9773.jpg

IMG_9774.jpg

I tried something new, the Smoked Salmon, crab meat with Granny Smith Apple and a toasted Bagel.

I didn’t find the crab meat anywhere, but the salmon was melt in your mouth and the sauce went very well with it.

Now, the main course was another story. We had both decided on the Grilled Filet of beef, Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce, celery chips and seasonal vegetables. We both ordered it medium. It took forever for the main course to come out and when it finally did it looked like this.

IMG_9780.jpg

If you have a close look at the beef, you can see that it is totally overcooked and it was VERY well done. I could not even cut it properly. We waved down the waiter and showed him and he took off with the plates, apologizing and promising to have our main course done again.

Right then our airline sent a message that our flights back home had been cancelled!! :scared1:
So I went outside and called them back and we were finally able to rebook, but it would be a LONG night until we finally got home.

Shortly after I returned back to the table, our meat made another appearance.

IMG_9783.jpg

Grilled Filet of beef, Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce, celery chips and seasonal vegetables - this time done medium done, but still okay to eat.

On to desserts.

IMG_9790.jpg

Tom chose the Apple Crumble, Salted Butterscotch Ice-cream and Chilled Cinnamon Compote. It was super yummy. The warm crumble and the butterscotch ice cream worked so well together.

IMG_9785.jpg

This was MY dessert. Rich Chocolate Cake, Brownie Ice-cream and Mint Sweetmeat. It was a wonderful dessert and I would order it again in a heartbeat.

IMG_9787.jpg

Very yummy Mickey chocolate!

IMG_9788.jpg

Brownie ice-cream. I definitely could eat that every day! :lovestruc

IMG_9786.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

And the piece de resistance - the warm, rich chocolate cake with a molten center! Oh my - chocolate lovers delight!

Since we had a little more time because of the new flight times we were able to stroll through the park after lunch.

IMG_9798.jpg

The big clock of "It's a small world" opened up and all the "figures" could be seen.

IMG_9802.jpg

One last shot down Main Street before it was time to leave for the airport. It was good we did not know what we had ahead of us. Because of fog in Frankfurt ALL flights were delayed and instead of being back home at 10.25pm we got home by 1am!! Tom had to get up at 4am to go to work - don't know how we both lived through that workday!

Well, in the meantime I have started a new pre-trip/dining report for our summer vacation. So if you are interested in more dining adventures, please visit us here.

Dreams really do come true!

Thanks for that update. Do they speak english at DLP at all? I would love to go someday (when I mysteriusly become rich), but I am so worried about going places where I don't know the langauge.

Thanks for that update. Do they speak english at DLP at all? I would love to go someday (when I mysteriusly become rich), but I am so worried about going places where I don't know the langauge.

Jen, don't worry about the language, even the French learn English now! :thumbsup2
English is taught as a second language in most all "none English" speaking countries here in Europe, so it is VERY rare you should come across someone not being able to speak it!
It's the only language I use at DLRP!! I did learn French for 4 years and am able to understand a lot but hate to speak it! ;)

Just finished your last tr and now i'm on to this one.

can't believe i'm 2 years behind BUT i'm here now :)

now on to reading

Just finished your last tr and now i'm on to this one.

can't believe i'm 2 years behind BUT i'm here now :)

now on to reading

Glad you still enjoy the finished reviews! If you want to come over - I have 3 ongoing ones too!
The links are all in my signature! :flower3:

Hi Karin! We are going on the same Dream cruise with you in August (although it looks from your ticker that you are going on the one prior to us as well). I followed your ticker to this TR and LOVED it! We're planning on 3-4 days at Disney after the cruise, and will have free dining for the first time ever, and I'm still trying to make sense of it all. For example, I can't decide if Ohana's is a good idea for dinner (on the day we'll be at MK, so we don't want to stray too far from MK), or if we'd be happier with something that wasn't "family style." But then I saw your picture of the bread pudding with bananas and caramel and thought YUM!

Like some of the other posters, I am also extremely impressed with your English. You clearly speak and write as well (and probably better) than many who are native speakers. I never would have guessed that it isn't your first language.

I can't wait to meet you and hear all about Vienna. I visited there a loooong time ago (my high school choir traveled there for a competition) and had a wonderful time, including experiencing what we kids called "Mozart balls" for the first time (and they became a lifelong favorite).

Thanks again for the great report -

Sandy

Hi Karin! We are going on the same Dream cruise with you in August (although it looks from your ticker that you are going on the one prior to us as well). I followed your ticker to this TR and LOVED it! We're planning on 3-4 days at Disney after the cruise, and will have free dining for the first time ever, and I'm still trying to make sense of it all. For example, I can't decide if Ohana's is a good idea for dinner (on the day we'll be at MK, so we don't want to stray too far from MK), or if we'd be happier with something that wasn't "family style." But then I saw your picture of the bread pudding with bananas and caramel and thought YUM!

Like some of the other posters, I am also extremely impressed with your English. You clearly speak and write as well (and probably better) than many who are native speakers. I never would have guessed that it isn't your first language.

I can't wait to meet you and hear all about Vienna. I visited there a loooong time ago (my high school choir traveled there for a competition) and had a wonderful time, including experiencing what we kids called "Mozart balls" for the first time (and they became a lifelong favorite).

Thanks again for the great report -

Sandy

Yes, I noticed your username on Wayne's thread for our Dream Cruise! Glad you made it over here too! :goodvibes
We are arriving Aug. 13 and staying at Old Key West (with a hefty discount AND Free Dining - yes, the Brits do allow it :laughing:) until Aug 21. We will then do the next 3 cruises Aug 21 - 25, Aug 25 - 28 and Aug 28 - Sept 1, before we head back to OKW for another 10 days. Going home Sept 1!

If you don't know HOW to spend your DDP credits - allearsnet has all the menus and now even Disney's own website has menus for most of their restaurants! If you are at the MK, The Wave at the Contemporary, The Grand Floridian Cafe and Ohana and Kona Cafe are very good choices. Ohana is served family style and the breadpudding is the best ever. BUT - if it is only the breadpudding - you can ask your server at Kona to get it for you too! ;)

Thank you for your compliments on my English! I am trying - not always successfully! :rotfl2:

If you want to read about our cruise experience from last year - my ongoing review (Value Resorts and Inside Staterooms in my signature) is slowly creaping up to our cruise days! :laughing:

I hope we are going to have lots of time to chat on the ship - and beforehand as well!

And if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter