Pirates on the Dining Plan!! A week of Disney dining! (with lots of pics!)

Contempo Cafe and Enchanted Grove

Our last day! We wanted to really get the most out of it and in the morning we packed the remaining stuff and loaded everything into the car. One last stop at CBR was the arcade. We still had the arcade card and since we weren't intending on using it we were on the lookout for someone who would. Right at the entrance I ran into a really nice lady and when I told you I was looking for someone who wanted our card, she was happy to volunteer. She had two kids, but only one card, so now those two didn't have to fight over whose turn it was.
Finally we were on our way to the Contemporary to have breakfast at the Contempo Cafe.
Once we had made it to the Cafe we checked out the "kiosk" order process and then tried it ourselves.

IMG_1024.jpg

I had some Hot Chocolate. Well, to be very honest, it was not as good as the one I am used to from DLRP. But it was still a nice breakfast drink. Tom had some coffee, but since it was the usual Nescafe (yuck) we didn't think it was worth a photo.

IMG_1020.jpg

You are allowed two bottled drinks on the DDP, so Tom got some chocolate milk and I had an orange juice. Regular stuff, nothing fancy.

IMG_1027.jpg

We both had decided to order the Bounty Platter - scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, biscuit and french toast. It usually comes with sausage, but we both didn't really want any, so we took it off the order.
This was just your regular food court breakfast. The eggs were a bit on the dry side, bacon and potatoes were quite nice. I am not a huge fan of the biscuits, but it was okay, just the french toast was DRY!! Not even pouring loads of syrup over it made it any better.
We will return during our summer trip but definitely not for breakfast. Their sandwiches sound very interesting, so this is what I wanna try in August.

After breakfast we hit the Magic Kingdom, had a lot more photopass photos taken (we ended up with 1377 edited photos, not bad for a week) and went on all our favourite rides again.
When we got thirsty we stopped at the Enchanted Grove and had some more drinks.

IMG_1042.jpg

I had another Raspberry Lemonade Slush. Mmmh ..... so good.

IMG_1044.jpg

Tom had an Iced Cappuccino, which he enjoyed very much. We also got a bottle of Dasani Water.

Then we got on the Peoplemover again, because we had to kill time before our Space Mountain Fastpass.

IMG_1060.jpg

Since we LOVE the Carousel of Progress, we did that as well before we headed towards the exit.
There was another photopass photographer at the exit so we stopped to have one more photo taken. We were pleasantly surprised to find it to be Lauren, a photographer who we had met earlier in the trip and had lots of fun with.

IMG_1073.jpg

We chatted for a while, while she took photos and suddenly another castmember was throwing Mickey Confetti on us. I got all excited about it and Lauren told me that I HAD TO go home with more confetti in my hair. She told us to follow her and to our amazement we ended up at the barber shop!! It was shockfull of people and she just pulled us in, I had to sit down, cover my face while she put hairspray on my hair and then "drowned" me in Mickey confetti!!! You should have seen the look on the other people's faces!!!

DDP:
Contempo: $ 28,30
Enchanted Grove: OOP
Paid for DDP $ 560
Plus $ 28,30 = $ 117,90

Next up: Wolfgang Puck's Express, Goofy's Candy Company

I LOVED your reviews! Awesome job!

OH MY GOSH! I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long! I have a tendency to only come read dining reviews when I'm a)planning a Disney trip and trying to figure out ADRs or b) wishing I was planning a Disney trip and planning ADR's. But since I just got back and am trying my own dining report, I totally forgot about everyone elses! I'm such a bad DISer :(

Anyways, I'm all caught up and had a few comments:

1)I've NEVER heard of or seen the Enchanted Grove. Where is it? Maybe I have seen it and just don't remember, but that slush looks awesome!

2) I did lunch at Yak & Yeti awhile ago and really liked it. I think we had sorbet for dessert but those pineapple wonton things look really, really delicious! The drinks also look awesome! When I was there I wasn't 21 yet so I'll have to try them next time!

3) I did NOT know WPE had breakfast, but your omelet looks reallllly tasty.

4) Love the American Idol photo - looks like the real thing!

5) Your Cali Grill flatbread looks very good. I've never really thought about going there because it seems so expensive and I'm either going with little kids or kids my age who don't want to spend money on that LOL! But that just might make me go there after all!

6) Cute Mickey cake!!

7) I like the Olivia's pasta pic - looks really yummy. That's another place I haven't thought about as a dining option, so thanks!

:flower3:
Are you going to try the new character in flight balloon? I cannot wait for it in September! We have a similar one in DLRP and even though I HATE heights this is the best thing ever - the VIEW!!!!!!!!

IMG_3108.jpg

I hope to try it in Oct on one of our DTD nights...it looks like a lot of fun!

Wow great pics:thumbsup2

Thank you! :flower3:

Tom and Karin, I'm going to be there in about 3 weeks, and I'm going to try my best to remember to stop by the Royal Anandapur Tea Company and read the descriptions there to find out whether or not it really says "molty". I have it in my head that maybe I actually read that word standing there at the counter, but then again, there's no accounting for most of the stuff rolling around in my head! :upsidedow

Breakfast at the Contempo Cafe looked a lot like breakfast at Everything Pop or any other WDW hotel food court. That's too bad, because like you, I find the place intriguing. I guess because they have cool touch screens for ordering, I expect them to make good eggs! :rotfl2:

That would be great if you could clear up the molty "mystery". At least it was VERY good tea - please let me know if you find out what it really says there.

As far as the Contempo breakfast goes - it was a very average value foodcourt breakfast. But as you said, since they had those cool touchscreens .............:lmao:
We will definitely try lunch or early dinner there in September. They have a few more things on the menu I want to try.

Sounds like another great day Karin - mmm, what I wouldn't give for one of those Raspberry Lemonade Slushes right now - it's a rare sunny day here in England :thumbsup2

Contempo Cafe sounds interesting, so I'm going to head off to try and find menus.

Hey, you had a sunny day in England? We had one too! We really enjoyed the warm weather, what a change from the never ending winter this year. :goodvibes

I LOVED your reviews! Awesome job!

Thank you! Can't wait for your reviews to start!

OH MY GOSH! I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long! I have a tendency to only come read dining reviews when I'm a)planning a Disney trip and trying to figure out ADRs or b) wishing I was planning a Disney trip and planning ADR's. But since I just got back and am trying my own dining report, I totally forgot about everyone elses! I'm such a bad DISer :(

Anyways, I'm all caught up and had a few comments:

1)I've NEVER heard of or seen the Enchanted Grove. Where is it? Maybe I have seen it and just don't remember, but that slush looks awesome!

2) I did lunch at Yak & Yeti awhile ago and really liked it. I think we had sorbet for dessert but those pineapple wonton things look really, really delicious! The drinks also look awesome! When I was there I wasn't 21 yet so I'll have to try them next time!

3) I did NOT know WPE had breakfast, but your omelet looks reallllly tasty.

4) Love the American Idol photo - looks like the real thing!

5) Your Cali Grill flatbread looks very good. I've never really thought about going there because it seems so expensive and I'm either going with little kids or kids my age who don't want to spend money on that LOL! But that just might make me go there after all!

6) Cute Mickey cake!!

7) I like the Olivia's pasta pic - looks really yummy. That's another place I haven't thought about as a dining option, so thanks!

I LOVE YOUR review! There are a few things I already put on my list for next September :thumbsup2 .... like Poolside Lemonade!

Enchanted Grove is a small stand opposite Cosmic Rays. It is on the end of the walkway closest to the castle.

You HAVE to try WPE for breakfast next time you go! We went there twice and I am longing for some breakfast pizza right now! :)

Cali Grill IS expensive, but it is a definite for every trip. We just love the atmosphere and the food is just devine. If you decide to go, try to get a later seating, less kiddies and it is much more quiet and relaxed.

I hope to try it in Oct on one of our DTD nights...it looks like a lot of fun!

It IS a lot of fun and the view from up there is amazing. It took us quite some time to decide to go on the Paris one, but once we were on it once we were hooked.

LOVED your food trip report. I discovered some new things to eat at Disney thanks to your report. For instance, I never knew Wolfgang Puck had breakfast. I will be trying the ostrich, (if its still on the menu) on our next trip. :goodvibesThanks for all the info and great pics.

What a great report! :thumbsup2

We are going in June and staying at SSR and I can not wait to got to WPE for breakfast. That pizza looks wonderful and I gotta have it!

Thanks for all the reviews and photos! :flower3:

I'm loving the reviews! Not all the places are ones I would try, but it is so nice to see pictures and get an idea what the food is actually like.

Great updates! I am definitely going to need to try Boardwalk Bakery on my next trip and have the Mickey cake. It won't be my birthday but that's ok. Somehow I'll manage. :laughing:

All of your other meals look so yummy too! I had a lot I wanted to comment individually on but I didn't take notes and now I've forgotten. :headache:

I can't believe we're on your last day. It went by too quickly. You're going to have to go back soon! ;)

LOVED your food trip report. I discovered some new things to eat at Disney thanks to your report. For instance, I never knew Wolfgang Puck had breakfast. I will be trying the ostrich, (if its still on the menu) on our next trip. :goodvibesThanks for all the info and great pics.

I am so glad you liked my dining review! Like you I discovered a lot of new things reading the Disboards! ;)
WPE is great for whatever meal you want to eat there and I hope they keep the ostrich on the menu at the CG!

What a great report! :thumbsup2

We are going in June and staying at SSR and I can not wait to got to WPE for breakfast. That pizza looks wonderful and I gotta have it!

Thanks for all the reviews and photos! :flower3:

WPE :thumbsup2 Can you tell I am rooting for my fellow Austrian? :rotfl:

I'm loving the reviews! Not all the places are ones I would try, but it is so nice to see pictures and get an idea what the food is actually like.

Well, Jen I am loving YOUR reviews! There are lots of places for you to try once your sweet little princess is a little older! :goodvibes

Great updates! I am definitely going to need to try Boardwalk Bakery on my next trip and have the Mickey cake. It won't be my birthday but that's ok. Somehow I'll manage. :laughing:

All of your other meals look so yummy too! I had a lot I wanted to comment individually on but I didn't take notes and now I've forgotten. :headache:

I can't believe we're on your last day. It went by too quickly. You're going to have to go back soon! ;)

I am happy you liked the reviews! Boardwalk Bakery definitely is worth a try! So yummy things.
And yip this is our last day. But I am already in the planning stages of our summer trip. 6 nights of Florida Keys, 2 nights Pop (DDP), 4 nights Disney cruise, 4 nights Universal and 12 nights POR (FDP!!), so there will be lots to review in September! :cloud9:

Wolfgang Puck's Express, Goofy's Candy Company and some not so yummy airplane food!

We said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom and went back to the car to go to Downtown Disney for a final visit to my favourite eatery!
The DTD parking lot was FULL, but we were able to find a spot right behind the Once upon a toy store. We walked over to WPE to spend our last CS credit there.

IMG_1082.jpg

Tom was longing for the Rotisserie BBQ Beef Melt - Slices of house-roasted Niman Ranch rotisserie beef, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions and Wolfgang's signature BBQ sauce, topped with mozzarella, rolled in warm, all-natural garlic focaccia bread. Served with a side of tomato salad. It was really wonderful! He had no trouble finishing it.

IMG_1079.jpg

Yes, I am a boring person, I had another pizza. The BBQ Chicken Pizza - All-natural chicken, mozzarella, red onions, tomatoes, chili oil, cilantro and sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. I wish I had one now!

IMG_1084.jpg

Dessert was Creme Brulé for both of us! This is the best Creme Brulé ever! I love it. So silky and creamy and a thin crispy sugar crust! Yum, yum!!

After we had finished our delightful meal we went over to Goofy's Candy Company to spend our last four snack credits.
We got a jawbreaker and a giant lolly as presents for a friend's kids.
The rest we spent on us - we ordered "make your own" treats to take home.

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

And this is what we got!

IMG_1122.jpg

Pretzel rods dipped in dark chocolate, oreo cookie crumbs, crushed butterfinger and Reece's Pieces, drizzled with white chocolate

IMG_1127.jpg

And more Pretzel rods dipped in dark chocolate, white and milk chocolate "drops", crushed butterfinger and mini M&Ms, drizzled with milk chocolate.

It was time to leave Disney and with pain in our hearts we did and went to the airport. We nearly fell over when we saw HOW long the line for our flight back home was. It took us nearly an hour to check in, but we still had some time left to check out the airport. I bought another shopping bag at the Earport and we had some leftover drinks. On our way to the Security Check we noticed the Krispy Kreme kiosk! We could NOT go by and bought half a dozen to take home.

Since we had used up all our DDP credits by now - I will do the final maths now!

DDP:
WPE: $ 41,-
Goofy's Candy Company: 20,50
Paid for DDP $ 560
Plus $ 61,50 = $ 179,40

So, we actually ate for about 180$ more than we paid for! :thumbsup2

No business class travel back home, so we climbed into our economy class seats and left a little late. When the plane took off it was 5 past 9pm and I jokingly said to Tom that it would be nice seeing the fireworks as a farewell present, from up here. Well I looked out my window and there in the distance the firework was going off! We were SO stunned!!! Everything had turned out so wonderful for our "before" birthday trip!

IMG_1094.jpg

We got a snack and some Diet Coke shortly after we took off.
About 2 hours into the flight we were fed!

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

We had the worst pasta salad I ever tasted! Cold pasta, that tasted odd - like it was off already, yuck.

IMG_1103.jpg

I chose the Pasta dish as my entree and it was overcooked and desperately needed seasoning. Nothing to write home about.

IMG_1104.jpg

Tom had the chicken dish, which had bland, dry chicken, sweet corn and mushy rice.

IMG_1101.jpg

The brownie was a bit on the dry side, but quite tasty.

We both took two sleeping aids and drifted off to dream land for the most part of the flight.

About an hour and a half before we landed breakfast was served.

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

The grapes and pineapple were quite nice, but the melon was rather tasteless, but then I do not like melon in the first place.

IMG_1110.jpg

The roll was COLD and very dry, but edible.

IMG_1111.jpg

The omelette was lukewarm and needed some seasoning. Thank god for little packets of salt and pepper. With a little seasoning it actually was quite nice. Surprisingly enough the spinach was rather tasty and so were the potatoes, which were under the omelette.

We had a stopover in Frankfurt and our plane to Linz was delayed, but finally we were on our way home.
That last leg of our trip only lasts for about 55 minutes and we drinks were served and we got some more milkcreme filled cookies.

IMG_1112.jpg

Well, that concludes our February Walt Disney World Dining adventures.

Thanks for reading so far! I do have a little bonus to add. Photos from our food during our December trip to Disneyland Paris!

And by the way - we will be back to the US in August for a 4 week vacation. We'll spend 6 days travelling the Floriday Keys and 3 more weeks indulging on Disney food!

Next up: Bonus - breakfast at the Hotel Kyriad (good neighbour hotel), Disney cookies and Fudge, dinner at the Disney Village Steakhouse and Dinner at Walt's, An American Restaurant on Main Street!

Thanks so much for all of the reviews. It gave me so many great ideas of where I want to eat in September.

We did the pretzel rods too. They are so good. I ate most of them myself and we got NINE! LOL!

That sandwich from WPE? Well I love it! And when I ordered it DH took one bite and I was stuck with his chicken while he took over my sandwich! Love the pretzel rods, my fave is the one with the butterfingers on top but I miss the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...that was sooo much better!

Thanks for the reviews! I loved that you called the Swan and Dolphin the Swolphin. :) We call it the Dwan or Swolphin.

Cant wait for the bonus pics! what a treat for us! :cool1:

I loved your review and all of the pictures..

I never though of a beer as a snack credit... was that at the resort store? Hubby will like this lol

Did you get 3 of the pretzels for 1 credit?

Thanks so much for all of the reviews. It gave me so many great ideas of where I want to eat in September.

You are very welcome. Many of our choices were made after reading reviews right here!

Yummmmy WPE!!

A girl after my heart! :thumbsup2

Oh! Disneyland Paris reviews:goodvibes

I can't wait~:cool1:

DLRP review and pics coming right up! I am uploading them as I type this!

We did the pretzel rods too. They are so good. I ate most of them myself and we got NINE! LOL!

Well done on the pretzel rods! They ARE the best!!!

That sandwich from WPE? Well I love it! And when I ordered it DH took one bite and I was stuck with his chicken while he took over my sandwich! Love the pretzel rods, my fave is the one with the butterfingers on top but I miss the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...that was sooo much better!

What sandwich? :confused3 Do you mean the Focaccia Melt? That is yummy, LOL!
Hey my favourite pretzel rods are the butterfinger ones too - that's why there are two of them. :lmao: And I miss the peanut butter cups too - boy were they good! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews! I loved that you called the Swan and Dolphin the Swolphin. :) We call it the Dwan or Swolphin.

Dwan or Swolphin - I need to remember that! :thumbsup2

Cant wait for the bonus pics! what a treat for us! :cool1:

They are coming up in a few more minutes! :goodvibes

I loved your review and all of the pictures..

I never though of a beer as a snack credit... was that at the resort store? Hubby will like this lol

Did you get 3 of the pretzels for 1 credit?

Well, I hope I'm not getting in trouble here, but those beers were purchased at Publix. Tom likes to try different American beers, so we buy a "variety" of them.
I do NOT think you can get them as a snack credit. :goodvibes

DLRP Food and photos from December 08

Since we missed the Halloween Party in 08 (couldn't get off work) we decided to spend a long weekend at DLRP in December 08.
Big difference to WDW - it is COLD there!!!!!!!!!!!!

We flew in from Linz and this is what we got on our 55 minute flight.

IMG_9592.jpg

It's shortcrust pastry filled with jam and dipped in chocolate. Messy to eat, but so good.
Then we got on the connecting flight and this is what we got there.

IMG_9593.jpg

A ham sandwich and a chocolate bar.

On the first day it was CROWDED and we "fled" the parks after a few hours, went shopping to Val d'Europe and had an early night.
We started our second day with a breakfast at the hotel. This time we stayed at the Hotel Kyriad, a good neighbour hotel.
All hotels here offer a breakfast buffet and they are very similar in most of the hotels.

IMG_9607.jpg

Standard fare - ham, cheese, egg, apple sauce (home-made, thick and with lots of apple junks in it) butter, baguette and chocolate bread

IMG_9609.jpg

Tom had about the same, but he chose the fresh fruit salad instead of the apple sauce.

IMG_9611.jpg

Closeup of the baguette and pain de chocolate (chocolate bread - they sell something very much like it at the MSB and call it chocolate croissant)

IMG_9612.jpg

Ham, cheese and eggs

I thought you might enjoy a few impressions of DLRP. It's absolutely beautiful at Christmas.

IMG_9621.jpg

Christmas tree at the hotel New York, where we usually park our car (perk for AP holders)

IMG_9629.jpg

The new Cars ride that opened last year in the Walt Disney Studios.

IMG_9633.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

MY Tower of Terror - and yes, the fog is real. It really added to the atmosphere that day

IMG_9654.jpg

The new Stitch Live show! Guess what - Tom was chosen to interact with Stitch! It was hilarious!!! :lmao:

IMG_9637.jpg

Love the balloons at the Disneyland Park

IMG_9638.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

Character Caravan at Disneyland Park

IMG_9668.jpg

Christmas tree at Disneyland Park and the Gazebo in front of it. Both are covering the castle.

IMG_9680.jpg

IMG_9681.jpg

And here's me, enjoying Mickey's chocolate covered ear and some hot chocolate.

IMG_9732.jpg

This is what the cookie looked like before I nibbled off Mickey's ear.

IMG_9735.jpg

Yummy coconut chocolate fudge!!

IMG_9737.jpg

Yummy Mint Chocolate fudge!!

Next up: Nighttime at Disneyland Paris and dinner at The Steakhouse in the Disney Village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter