Pirates on the Dining Plan!! A week of Disney dining! (with lots of pics!)

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
Hi! I think it is time to start my pre-dining report!

Cast of pirates:
Tom pirate: - DB, lover of all things Disney and sponsor of our weeklong Disney trip.

Me, Karin: recipient of his generosity - I got this trip as my birthday present!! :cake: Actually my birthday is not until May, but since the half term vacation is the only chance to go to WDW, we are going to celebrate early.

image04.jpg
image0698.jpg

Why is it the Pirates on the DDP? - Well, after doing lots of research we decided to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort and since this is a special occasion we are staying in one of the new Pirate Rooms!

Before we decided on this trip we had planned to celebrate my birthday during our summer vacation, which should have included a trip to California and a stay at Disneyland, then a Disney Wonder cruise and a stay at WDW. Unfortunately Tom's boss was not happy with his 5 week absence we had to cut it short and when the 4/3 deal came out we decided to just try and go then.
Now we have only 5 more days until our trip and I need something to distract me from counting the seconds down until we go to the world again, so I thought it was time to start the pre-dining report!

disneyliscious.jpg

And here is where we plan on enjoying our DDP credits!
Feb 14, travel day, Planet Hollywood
Feb 15, Wolfgang Puck's Express, snack at AK, The Wave, snack/CS at MK during EMH
Feb 16, World Showcase lunch (maybe share some CS credits), Spoodles, snack at DHS during EMH (can you say Disney popcorn!!)
Feb 17, Old Port Royale for breakfast, Grand Floridian Cafe, Ohana
Feb 18, Wolfgang Puck's Express, Yak & Yeti, Earl of Sandwich, Ghiradelli ice cream!!
Feb 19, Boatwright's (one last breakfast before they no longer serve Banana Stuffed French Toast) Le Cellier, California Grill
Feb 20, Flame Tree Barbeque, Tutto Italia, snack during EMH
Feb 21, Main Street Bakery breakfast, Wolfgang Puck's Express, travel home in the evening

CS and snack locations are subject to change (as Disney says :goodvibes )

So, let the fun begin!!!

YAYAYYAYYA I am so excited, I love your dining reviews! Hope you can find some new yummy things for me to try!

I'm in for this. Have a magical trip and happy early birthday. :goodvibes Can't wait to read your reviews.

I'm in for this. Have a magical trip and happy early birthday. :goodvibes Can't wait to read your reviews.

Welcome and thank you for joining and your birthday wishes!:flower3: Tom and I are getting so excited, we will be leaving in only 48 hours!

Looks like great choices! Can't wait to read all about your adventures! Have a great trip!!!!!!

I loved your last set of reviews! I can't wait to see how all of your food adventures go!

Looks like great choices! Can't wait to read all about your adventures! Have a great trip!!!!!!

Welcome abord! We are leaving in 35 hours and the excitement is building up - I haven't packed a thing yet and still a day of work to go! :scared1:
I hope Old Port Royale is still open when we arrive, so I can post our first few snacks right away! :goodvibes

I loved your last set of reviews! I can't wait to see how all of your food adventures go!

I am so glad to have you on bord again! I LOVED YOUR review! :flower3: It gave me a lot of new ideas for our upcoming summer trip.

Loved the last one, jumping in for this one!!!!!:thumbsup2

Welcome back!!! It's nice to have you on board again! :goodvibes

Count me in!

Welcome! I am glad you joined! :flower3:

Well, it is past midnight here and we are finally packed and all ready to go! Our plane to Frankfurt leaves at 11.30am and then it is another 11 hours on to Orlando!
Next time I'll post it will be from our room at the CBR!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

We are back from our pirate trip to WDW and there are lots of photos and lots of stories to share!

Here is a little teaser while I upload some photos for you all!

dfp01.jpg

mail002.jpg

Our trip started on Saturday Feb 14, Valentine's Day!
We began our day by having a nice leisurely breakfast before we drove to the airport. We put our wintercoats into one of the bag and sent them on their way to Florida, hoping we would not need them before we got back - and we did NOT!!! :thumbsup2
The first flight from Linz to Frankfurt takes only an hour and our assigned seats were at the emergency exit, so that meant more legroom. Nice if you still have roughly another 11 hours of flying ahead of you!
Lufthansa only caters snacks on short flights, so this is what we got (yeah, I know not exactly Disney food - but it's "on the way to Disney food)

IMG_9940.jpg

Milkcream filled crunchy double cookies

IMG_9943.jpg

Here they are together with some Diet Coke

After this first flight we went to our departure gate for the flight to Orlando and shortly after we had sat down we were called to the information counter of Lufthansa.
BIG SURPRISE!!!! They were overbooked and we had been upgraded to Business Class! Now, that is what I call travelling to Disney in style!
We took our seats - which were SO comfortable and once we were off the "food feast" started!!

IMG_9949.jpg

We started out with some very yummy white wine, some water and some roasted and salted Macademia nuts.

Soon after that lunch was served!

IMG_9953.jpg

We chose different menus, so here is what I had!

IMG_9956.jpg

Mixed salad leaves with Ginger and Lime dressing and a multi grain roll. The roll was crisp and warm and the dressing reminded me a lot of Ohana's. Very yummy!

IMG_9957.jpg

My starter was chicken salad with tomatoes and pine nuts with Stilton cream. The salad was all moist tasty chicken pieces and went so well with the Stilton cream. This might not be for everyone, but I love blue cheese and this cream was just so tasty!

IMG_9954.jpg

Tom's tray of food!

IMG_9955.jpg

He chose the shrimp cocktail, which was VERY yummy too!

IMG_9959.jpg

For my main course I chose the buttery pasta with mushroom sauce. I don't know how they did it, but the pasta was cooked al dente and the mushrooms were so yummy with it! It was really excellent.

IMG_9960.jpg

Tom's main course was halibut with broccoli purree and sauted vegetables in a light butter sauce. He let me try a bite and this was heavenly. The fish was very moist and the purree was such a wonderful thing to go with it. The sauted vegetables just had a little crunch to them. Wonderful!

Needless to say, we had some more wine with it ;) .

But that was not it. Along came the desserts.

IMG_9963.jpg

I had the cheesecake with caramel sauce. The cheesecake was moist and had a slight vanilla hint and the caramel sauce was just so delicious!

IMG_9965.jpg

Tom chose the fresh fruit salad - and it was really fresh and the fruit so tasty!

We thought we were done with lunch now, but along with coffee and tea came these little beauties!

IMG_9967.jpg

Wonderful little truffles. We both were in heaven!

Up next:
Dinner on the plane and some late night sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich, a peek into our pirate room and a surprise from a friend!

Great start! I am glad you had a great trip and lucky you! Upgrade to business class...a girl can dream...can't wait for the rest!

I'm here and ready to hear more !! It sounds like you all had a very lovely meal on the flight. The last airline food I had was nothing like that, more like freeze dried stuff that they added water to and heated in the microwave, LOL !!

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter