Pirates and Pals on the 4th of July?

hjvigz72

Forever planning the next visit
Any idea on whether this is/will be available? Called to make resies since we're well into our 180 days, but since there are no times yet, we can't book it. CM was willing to put us on a boat on 7/2, but come on - we want the real deal.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

when we went many years ago there were only a few days during our stay that the cruise was even running, it wasn't something that ran every day. so could be that or because its july 4th.

HMMM, I see. Hoping to score the 3rd or 4th, but who knows!

Isn't the 3rd/4th one of the times when the fireworks basically encircle the entire MK? Logistically, wouldn't that mean that they're firing them off from the water in approximately the same area that the Pirates and Palls boats anchor to watch? This is all supposition, but if I'm correct then P&P would be in a danger zone, and that's a serious no go.

We did the cruise last year on the 3rd. They did not release the 3rd and 4th bookings until much closer to the date. I know this because I stalked reservations for quite some time. I believe I wasn't able to book it until April. So they will most likely do it but you're going to have to wait a bit to book it. Even the CM's on the phone gave me conflicting info of whether or not it would run. But it did and it was a lot of fun. It was no different than a regular P&P cruise just so you know. And some of the fireworks were going on overhead so we couldn't see those on the boat but still a great show.
On the regular one we were parked much closer to MK but for the 3rd we were way back by the TTC. Lastly, there was no electric water pageant on the 3rd just the flag boat. All in all it was great but just wanted to let you know of the minor differences. Most everything was the same though.

So all that said, keep trying but don't expect reservations to open up for awhile.

So would you think we'd be better off staying and watching at MK or doing the P&P? We were trying to avoid the crowds, but it sounds like we'd miss some of the fireworks from the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter