• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

You forgot a big one for me at BLT:

Especially the one bedroom - FILLED WITH LIGHT. :goodvibes

I ADORE natural light. My condo has floor to ceiling windows almost completly across the exterior and even on the gloomiest of days there's light! I can hear the angels singing! :goodvibes

I just got back from BLT - hey Alison it looks like we were in the same area LV - and although I was in a studio I did get to see the others. We asked a maid if she could show us the bigger suites - honestly thinking we'd just peek in. She was such a doll and showed us a one bedroom AND a two that she was just about to release back into the system. She was thrilled to show us. Yeah.

I didn't think I ever wanted to stay there either - never based on location - just the interior. I should post a picture - I live at BLT at home. :rotfl2: I'm sitting on my Ikea couch looking at my dark brown kitchen with stainless steel and large colourful artwork. It's quite eerie. So that means Alison you can't come over because you hate my interior. :rotfl2: ;)

Anyway, I'm a ramblin'. I agree. Hopping on the monorail is lovely. To Epcot as well!!! Love that part. And those boats - those WL/FW/CR boats are one of my greatest loves in all of WDW. Weird I know, but true.

So excited for you Alison!

I've never really liked the pics of BLT I've seen either and I love the three bathrooms in the AKV Kidani 2 bedrooms when we have a large group with us.

I can't believe your trip is almost here.:cool1:

Why a new restaurant?

I know you are going to have a wonderful time, now get to packing.... No wait, no packing yet...

They are all booked up. We didn't get in in time. :sad2:

Sorry, but I'm "almost there".

If the points weren't so high I'd be more inclined to try BLT. I'm sure we will at some point but that part bums me out. I toured a studio on my last trip and there is actually a lot I like about it even if MK isn't as big a draw for me as Epcot and DHS are. The monorail to dinner though...priceless!

If we didn't have ridiculous amounts of annual points and banked points from the last canceled trips I would think twice about BLT and especially an MK view, but for now we're good.

We've never really been drawn to BLT but I've read so many great reviews lately and the location just can't be beat :)

Just got to convince DH we should stay there one day ;)

It's worth it at least for the convenience part if you like to dine at the Poly, GF and Contemporary. I just wish that the Cali Grill wasn't down for rehab during this time. We will definitely go there while we are the WL in September.

Alison, have a terrific trip! Your BLT pics are fabulous! I'm with you, the location is stellar. It's the Ikea looking decor that stops me from staying there but one day I'm sure we'll try it. My goal is to try them all. :teeth: I told Michael I'm a giver like that. :lmao:

You sound well organized. It's nice to have the bills paid etc before going on vacation.

Get packing! :hyper: It's making me nervous.

OK, we're almost packed. I think I am. She needs to pick out two pairs of shorts, a white shirt and another pair of pants. Then she needs to do all that crap that stresses me out the morning we are leaving that she is still putting in her carry on when we are supposed to be at the airport. But we're almost there. I want it loaded in the car before I go to bed tomorrow night. :thumbsup2

The only thing I want to pack on departure day is my computer (oh yeah and the roast!)

Someday, I'll get to stay at BLT. :thumbsup2

Hopefully, it is starting to grow on me!

You forgot a big one for me at BLT:

Especially the one bedroom - FILLED WITH LIGHT. :goodvibes

I ADORE natural light. My condo has floor to ceiling windows almost completly across the exterior and even on the gloomiest of days there's light! I can hear the angels singing! :goodvibes

I just got back from BLT - hey Alison it looks like we were in the same area LV - and although I was in a studio I did get to see the others. We asked a maid if she could show us the bigger suites - honestly thinking we'd just peek in. She was such a doll and showed us a one bedroom AND a two that she was just about to release back into the system. She was thrilled to show us. Yeah.

I didn't think I ever wanted to stay there either - never based on location - just the interior. I should post a picture - I live at BLT at home. :rotfl2: I'm sitting on my Ikea couch looking at my dark brown kitchen with stainless steel and large colourful artwork. It's quite eerie. So that means Alison you can't come over because you hate my interior. :rotfl2: ;)

Anyway, I'm a ramblin'. I agree. Hopping on the monorail is lovely. To Epcot as well!!! Love that part. And those boats - those WL/FW/CR boats are one of my greatest loves in all of WDW. Weird I know, but true.

So excited for you Alison!

I don't have to be in love with your decor to visit! I just won't buy your place! :rotfl2: Fran would love your place, our house is dismally dark and that depresses her. She always asks me to open the blinds and bring in what little light I can.

I've never really liked the pics of BLT I've seen either and I love the three bathrooms in the AKV Kidani 2 bedrooms when we have a large group with us.

I can't believe your trip is almost here.:cool1:

I found that that it was nicer in person than what I saw in the promo pictures. I think they changed some things. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I can't believe that by this time tomorrow night we need to be asleep and the car packed!!!!!!!!

We are almost done. Fran has so many things for us to do tomorrow. I am going to try and focus her on things that actually make our trip come closer to fruition.

Haha when our family of five goes on trips, we would be fine with just one bathroom! :rotfl: We're never in our room at Disneyland anyway, only at night, and even then we usually have some kind of schedule down. It works for us! Although, I must say, having two bathrooms at AKV in December was soooo nice.

Oh my gosh! I'm getting so exited for you!!! I'm really, really, really looking forward to reading about this trip!!!! :cool1: It's really happening! :hyper:

OK well I guess since you are almost there, I can't stop you, but I bet Fran is not finished yet!

Hope you both have an amazing time and enjoy each other! :hug:

Glad you're almost packed! One day! :woohoo: party: Can't wait to read all about it. If you post anything live stuff, hint hint, will it be in this thread?

Michael packs the night before too. :crazy2: Never the morning of though. I think I'd have an anxiety attack. :hyper:

You're so close now. ::yes::

I know! This time tomorrow I'll be on the plane!

Haha when our family of five goes on trips, we would be fine with just one bathroom! :rotfl: We're never in our room at Disneyland anyway, only at night, and even then we usually have some kind of schedule down. It works for us! Although, I must say, having two bathrooms at AKV in December was soooo nice.

Oh my gosh! I'm getting so exited for you!!! I'm really, really, really looking forward to reading about this trip!!!! :cool1: It's really happening! :hyper:

I know!!!!!! I need to get off the computer and finish my "do list"!

OK well I guess since you are almost there, I can't stop you, but I bet Fran is not finished yet!

Hope you both have an amazing time and enjoy each other! :hug:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Glad you're almost packed! One day! :woohoo: party: Can't wait to read all about it. If you post anything live stuff, hint hint, will it be in this thread?

Michael packs the night before too. :crazy2: Never the morning of though. I think I'd have an anxiety attack. :hyper:

I usually try to do live TRs, but Fran and I have made an agreement that I will not be on the DIS while she is awake (unless she is on her computer).

Believe me, I was having an anxiety attack. Must. Not. Repeat. Tomorrow.

franandaj said:
I know! This time tomorrow I'll be on the plane!

I know!!!!!! I need to get off the computer and finish my "do list"!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I usually try to do live TRs, but Fran and I have made an agreement that I will not be on the DIS while she is awake (unless she is on her computer).

Believe me, I was having an anxiety attack. Must. Not. Repeat. Tomorrow.

That's a good agreement. I'm truly so excited you guys! You've more than earned this trip. :)

What time do you leave tomorrow?

How did you decide to pack the infamous roast? :lmao:

I think I'm going to start a Disneyland PTR for December. I don't have a lot of details but having two reports makes me jolly. :woohoo:

Tomorrow tomorrow it's only a day away!!! Have a great time you two!

That's a good agreement. I'm truly so excited you guys! You've more than earned this trip. :)

What time do you leave tomorrow?

How did you decide to pack the infamous roast? :lmao:

I think I'm going to start a Disneyland PTR for December. I don't have a lot of details but having two reports makes me jolly. :woohoo:

Well here it is in the freezer, can't really see much. It's in a vacuum sealed bag, and then it is inside a 2.5 gallon ziplock with two blue ices and Fran's blueberry mini bagels.

We need to be at the airport at quarter to six tomorrow our plane leaves at 8AM or just after. :eek: We are not morning people.

Tomorrow tomorrow it's only a day away!!! Have a great time you two!

:banana:

One more day!!!

Just enjoy your trip and being with Fran. We can survive without live updates. :goodvibes

Well here it is in the freezer, can't really see much. It's in a vacuum sealed bag, and then it is inside a 2.5 gallon ziplock with two blue ices and Fran's blueberry mini bagels.

We need to be at the airport at quarter to six tomorrow our plane leaves at 8AM or just after. :eek: We are not morning people.

That's early. :scared1: Are you flying out of Long Beach?

You know you have to post a roast picture. :laughing:

That's early. :scared1: Are you flying out of Long Beach?

You know you have to post a roast picture. :laughing:

There aren't any direct flights to Orlando out of LGB, in fact I've never flown out of LGB, we are going out of LAX.

Of course I will post a roast picture. probably several.

OK, we're almost done. She still hasn't even come close to packing her carry on. :headache: I'm really tired, and I am going to bed. I just have to pray that things are ready to go when I wake up in the morning! :rolleyes2

Get some rest. If nothing else, as long as you have the medication all done, the rest you can pick up in Florida.

That's not the problem, it's sitting around tge hoy se whilebshe packs up stuff it's well past the time we are supposed to BE at the airport. I would LOVE to be delayed waiting, but we are always just in the nick of time. One day we will miss it. I have a heart attack every time we fly she has no idea.

That's not the problem, it's sitting around tge hoy se whilebshe packs up stuff it's well past the time we are supposed to BE at the airport. I would LOVE to be delayed waiting, but we are always just in the nick of time. One day we will miss it. I have a heart attack every time we fly she has no idea.

You'll be fine. Get some rest. It's going to be a big day a little later on. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter