Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg pics. Feel free to add yours.

Denise and Frank, you are sharing beautiful pictures of an awesome area. We hope to make it down your way late summer.

you can still see where the fires were even now
I was just thinking how well the area has recovered, but I agree, you can still see evidence of where the fires were.

I was in Gatlinburg 2 weeks before the fires and again about 4 months after. It was amazing the scope of the damage. I have several friends that live in the area and the have regularly sent me pics from PF/GB and the park since the fires. Overall, the recovery has been faster than I expected.

j

I will always miss my Chimney Tops trail. When last I was there I was told it would likely never be rebuilt due to the erosion damage after the fire.

Be sure to get plenty of deer pics over in Cade's Cove

There is a mama bear and 4 cubs running around in Cades Cove. They had rangers posted to make sure everyone keeps there distance.

East TN is one of the three getaway locales I have visited more times in my life than I can remember (as is WDW). I still love it every time. Some friends and I visited about six weeks after the fires (we had booked a cabin prior to the fires; it burned bu the company gave us a different, nicer one). It was a little depressing so soon after the fires to see how Gatlinburg was handling it. I was thrilled when I went back again last Spring to see that a number of the boarded up businesses had re-opened and the place was feeling again like the town I had visited for so many years. Hope the OP is having a great trip!
Gatlinburg View.jpg

I was just thinking how well the area has recovered, but I agree, you can still see evidence of where the fires were.

I was in Gatlinburg 2 weeks before the fires and again about 4 months after. It was amazing the scope of the damage. I have several friends that live in the area and the have regularly sent me pics from PF/GB and the park since the fires. Overall, the recovery has been faster than I expected.

j
I was there about 2 months before the fires and back just after Christmas that year. we also have a number of friends in that area

Beautiful pictures of a beloved park. Good to see some recovery going on where the fires devastated.

Was glad to have gone all the way to the Chimney tops before the fire. Maybe someday it will reopen all the way, according to officials it depends on how the upper part of the mountain heals itself, when, and if it will have a new trail to top again.

Hi Denise. We are in Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg now but are pulling out Friday morning. We are staying right down from you at Rivers Landing in site 114. We love coming to this area. There is so much to see and do. One cannot truly appreciate the beauty and wonder of this place without seeing it in person. We are here with my son and his girlfriend. They both love and appreciate the outdoors. They did several hikes including Ramsey's Cascades, Clingman's Dome, Andrew's Bald and Charlie's Bunion. We did Andrew's Bald with them.
Our site
20190423_200042_resized_1.jpg
Mingo Falls
20190424_143103_resized_1.jpg
The Sinks
20190422_171641_resized_1.jpg
From the parking lot at Clingman's Dome.
C Dome.jpg
Andrew's Bald
20190424_182944_resized_1.jpg
Bear at Cade's Cove crossing the road in front of us.
20190422_191630_resized_1.jpg
This mama bear had 2 cubs with her. We saw her on our way back to the Sugarland's Visitors Center. Couldn't get a clear picture of the cubs.
20190422_194656_resized_1.jpg
From a lookout on Newfound Gap Road
New Gap.jpg
These elk crossed in front of us as we were entering Cherokee NC.
20190424_132009_resized_2.jpg
Chimney Tops from the road. My son wants to hike this trail more than any other. Maybe he will get the chance sometime soon.
20190424_114102_resized_1.jpg
Just a couple more...……..

Last edited:
Mingus Mill
20190424_151010_resized.jpg
From the porch of the Oconaluftee Visitors Center.
20190424_125410_resized_1.jpg
Dinner at the Mellow Mushroom to replenish all the calories burnt while hiking...……
20190424_203526_resized_1.jpg
And a little fun playing mini golf (Hillybilly Golf) on the side of a mountain. The ride up was quite enjoyable.
20190425_201903_resized_1.jpg

Steve

2goofycampers,

We spent some time in this area a few years ago and are thinking about going back. May I ask-where did you stay?

Thanks

2goofycampers,

We spent some time in this area a few years ago and are thinking about going back. May I ask-where did you stay?

Thanks
Riveredge in Pigeon Forge at light #10. It's nice, tight sites. Right on the Parkway. We are leaving today.

Frank and Denise,
It was good getting to say hello this morning and being able to put a face with a name with a fellow Diser. Hope you had safe travels home and maybe we will meet again somewhere in the future.
Steve

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!