Picture Mat and Pillow cover signings

Have you washed that already? I would be afraid the ink would fade quickly, but yours looks great!! Now I have to decide between another mat (which I would LOVE to litter my house with! :rotfl:) or 2 pillowcases!!

Oh, decisions decisions - as DH would say "is your life tough, baby?!" :lmao:

Here is our matte from our Aug cruise. Bought the frame w matte in it at Kohls.
14mzvuw.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

We turn in pillow cases, sharpies (I have a set of 9 I use) and Photo frame in a gallon and a half size ziplock bag. I also put a sticker with our names and cabin number on the outside of the bag. We love doing this and have had sets signed on every cruise. I find the Photo frames at Wal Mart for about $4.00 each. I usually grab a couple when I find them so I will have them for the next cruise.

Thanks for the pictures, they look great.

I will get some coupons on-line and purchase a couple mats and frames. My girls will be so surprised when they get their special gift the final night of our cruise.

Just wanted to pass along a tip that I saw on this board re: the photo mats (and it worked great - thanks!).

If you're planning on framing the mat, before turning it in for the character signatures, put painters tape around the edge. Seems some of them will sign so close to the edge that they will be cut off when the mat is framed. The painters tape will remove very easily and won't tear the mat and none of the signatures will be "cut off" when framed.

Debbie

Just wanted to pass along a tip that I saw on this board re: the photo mats (and it worked great - thanks!).

If you're planning on framing the mat, before turning it in for the character signatures, put painters tape around the edge. Seems some of them will sign so close to the edge that they will be cut off when the mat is framed. The painters tape will remove very easily and won't tear the mat and none of the signatures will be "cut off" when framed.

Debbie

We did use the painters tape and it did tear a little when peeling it off. Not too noticeable though.

Here is our matte from our Aug cruise. Bought the frame w matte in it at Kohls.
14mzvuw.jpg

How awesome! Thanks for sharing. What size mat & photo is this?

Debbie

Ooh, thanks for the tip. I meant to bring our mat last cruise, but with all the packing and last minute FE packing, I completely forgot and I was sooo bummed. Luckily I didn't say anything to DD about it so she didn't know; this time I will make a BIG NOTE for myself to bring the mat! :goodvibes

Are most of the pictures vertical even with a family of 4?
Most, not all, character pictures are vertical for up to at least 4 people. Most of the formal pictures are horizontal (the ones with the backdrop of the cruise ship or ocean, etc.)
You could always have them sign 2, one vertical and one horizontal. I believe you can get one item signed for each person in your cabin.

Most, not all, character pictures are vertical for up to at least 4 people. Most of the formal pictures are horizontal (the ones with the backdrop of the cruise ship or ocean, etc.)
You could always have them sign 2, one vertical and one horizontal. I believe you can get one item signed for each person in your cabin.

What about the formal night picture with Mickey? Is it vertical as well with 4 people?
Is there a picture you can have made with several characters in one picture?

From what I am reading, the pictures Disney takes are 6X8, versus the 5X7 mat's you guys are using. How does that work? Are you using pictures that Disney took or your own personal pictures?

Thanks,

What about the formal night picture with Mickey? Is it vertical as well with 4 people?
Is there a picture you can have made with several characters in one picture?
I'm 90% sure the formal Mickey is vertical. If not, I'm sure you could ask the photographer to take a few horizontal photos, they will do all they can to make sure you buy the photos.

I believe there is ONE opportunity to get your picture taken with both Mickey and Minnie, I think it is when they are in their sailor outfits and I'm not sure if these are available on 3-4NT cruises. I always missed this one so I'm not sure. Other than that, I think all photos are single characters.

You can set up time to have private protraits taken, however, I'm pretty sure those do not include characters and there may be a fee?

This is just from memory so I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will correct me.

From what I am reading, the pictures Disney takes are 6X8, versus the 5X7 mat's you guys are using. How does that work? Are you using pictures that Disney took or your own personal pictures?

Thanks,

I've only used 11x14 mats for the 8x10 photos. But, most of the 6x8 photos have some sort of Disney border added, so you shouldn't have to worry about someone getting cut out of the photo when using a 5x7 mat.

Thanks for the responses.

I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday 9/26 and they have all frames and mats 50% off. Spent less than $20 for two 8/10 frames and two mats that take a vertical 5x7 picture.

Can I get 2 pillowcases and a picture mat? I know my children will each want there own pillowcase...

Is there a limit per cabin??

I'm curious - what does everyone do w/ the pillow cases when you get home? Do you use them on the beds or just stuff them & use them as throw pillows? I think I would favor the throw pillow, but not sure how a white one would look. Debating on the pillow case or the photo mat, but I think I'm leaning towards the photo mat. That way I can get one for each kid & hang them in their rooms w/ their favorite photo in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter