• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picky Little Eaters

HereWeCome Mickey

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone has had luck with just ordering noodles with butter when kids menu offers mac n cheese?

Also just a bun and cheese where kids menu offers a hamburger/cheeseburger.

My 9 year old is a non meat eater and dislikes any sauces etc.

I would think if spaghetti is offered, they would be able to give you plain noodles and a pat of butter. I do know that most places will make a grilled cheese, if asked. We have never had a problem getting one. HTH!!!

Just wondering if anyone has had luck with just ordering noodles with butter when kids menu offers mac n cheese?

Also just a bun and cheese where kids menu offers a hamburger/cheeseburger.

My 9 year old is a non meat eater and dislikes any sauces etc.

Mac/Cheese rarely, it's always premixed but when it's pasta with meat sauce, marinara and or meatballs, yes, always! Thankfully, my best friends daughter, the picky eater is a carnivore, so we've never had to ask for just a bun and cheese, so don't know! She doesn't like sauces of any kind either but she'll eat the mac/cheese (yuck!) but heaven forbid something green of a vegetable nature/ and or potato appears on the plate, you would think the world was ending!

Just don't try to order the buttered noodles at Tutto...they refused when my DS asked for it.

My kids are just about grown up now but on earlier trips when they were young we had similar issues (thankfully each year they got less picky). One particular trip they were really into "plain" everything. I remember being able to order plain chicken breasts at most restaurants with something plain as a side (rice, potato, noodles). In Mexico I remember asking for a "deconstructed" chicken quesadilla for my son, all the components just in separate piles on the plate :laughing:. I would carry individual packs of ketchup and peanut butter everywhere in my purse because that helped (ketchup in Teppan Edo ;))

Also, my last bit of advice was when my kids were at that picky age we would make sure they ate a little something before we went into dinner. A yogurt, a piece of fruit, granola bar etc.... something to take the edge off their hunger. It amazes me how well my 17 and 20 y.o. eat now considering how they started, sometimes they are more adventurous than I am! You pick your battles and I never wanted food to be one of them, so in a restaurant I would just say "do your best and if you are still hungry later we will find you something".

Good luck.:goodvibes

I agree mac n cheese is pre mixed and you won't find plain pasta. If there is a spaghetti with a sauce, you should have better luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter