Picking up MBs at Liberty Square Ticket Office

skywaywaver

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We will be visiting Disney World in mid-August. We are buying our first annual passes and will be using them the first time on our first park day. We are staying off-site, so the annual passes are our means for procuring Magic Bands. We've used other bands for the past 2 years so I think it's time for new ones. Originally, I was going to buy the solid bands from ShopDisney but then saw something about the Liberty Square Ticket Office and how we could pick up our Magic Bands there. I understand we would be limited to the same solid colors that come free with a resort stay and there is no personalization, but that are no big deals. Being that MK is our first park day, this works out pretty well.

I'm just asking to see if anybody has picked up bands there recently and how it went. We've gotten lots of different answers when calling Disney so I want to see the real life experiences before we ask them about it.

Thanks in advance!

1. saw something about the Liberty Square Ticket Office and how we could pick up our Magic Bands there.
2. I understand we would be limited to the same solid colors that come free with a resort stay and there is no personalization, but that are no big deals.
3. Being that MK is our first park day, this works out pretty well.
4. We've gotten lots of different answers when calling Disney...
1. Yup.
2. Yes.
3. That'll work.
4. No surprise there. The "phone CMs" are not trained in park procedures.
Have a great trip!

We upgraded and were offered Magic Bands at Liberty Square. Since we already had MDs we declined and ordered online after the fact.

There are two children I've traveled with that are adept at losing their MBs until they are finally given plastic cards.
Easy to pick up from City Hall and Liberty Square:). Wasn't offered the customized MBs last trip ( April 2019?) but wouldn't have paid for them any way;).

As expected, phone CM said magic bands from Liberty Square Ticket Office was not an option. I guess we'll bring old ones just in case and will be pleasantly surprised if we can get new ones. :)

There are two children I've traveled with that are adept at losing their MBs until they are finally given plastic cards.
Easy to pick up from City Hall and Liberty Square:). Wasn't offered the customized MBs last trip ( April 2019?) but wouldn't have paid for them any way;).
Very fascinating. My older kids have Fitbits, no problems, but my 11 year old son misplaced a new Boy Scout patch the other night within 5 minutes. Granted, it was pretty small, smaller than a matchbook, but still. I could also see me losing a card much more easily than a Magic Band, but they don't need to know that.

As expected, phone CM said magic bands from Liberty Square Ticket Office was not an option. I guess we'll bring old ones just in case and will be pleasantly surprised if we can get new ones. :)

Last edited:
Very fascinating. My older kids have Fitbits, no problems, but my 11 year old son misplaced a new Boy Scout patch the other night within 5 minutes. Granted, it was pretty small, smaller than a matchbook, but still. I could also see me losing a card much more easily than a Magic Band, but they don't need to know that.
What's a matchbook? ;)

And really, thank you for your help. As he's shaking his head no at me after speaking to CM about the MBs, I'm nodding, saying, Robo said yes! I really think it's part of the plot to ensure that we just bring the entire contents of our house on our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter