Photopass Superthread!

Does anyone else think DL will be losing money here? Now that they are only offering one day for $39 I bet the photographers are going to be just as busy but with non-paying people who will be handing them their own camera for the rest of the 4 days they are there. People are still going to want a shot with their entire family in the photo locations and I imagine everyone will plan their ride days with their character meal day and then use the photopass guys the rest of the time with their own camera.

What photos are taken at a Character meal? Do they take pics for you at the table or just the one at the beginning? Does anyone know how much the pics are, without buying the photopass? The day we are having breakfast, we are not going to the parks.
Also, can you pre purchase the one day photopass now? Or do I need to wait until the morning we are going to the park to buy it online?
It is just at the door when you come in with whatever character whose resturaunt it is, you can purchase them ahead of time but i didnt read to see if how long they are good for

What photos are taken at a Character meal? Do they take pics for you at the table or just the one at the beginning? Does anyone know how much the pics are, without buying the photopass? The day we are having breakfast, we are not going to the parks.
Also, can you pre purchase the one day photopass now? Or do I need to wait until the morning we are going to the park to buy it online?

It is just one picture with the main character at the beginning of your meal. They do not take pictures at your table as you meet additional characters so make sure you have a camera to do that yourself. I think the character photos are around $35 so almost the cost of a one day photopass.

I contacted them to ask about the possibility of a multi-day or length of trip being added later. This is was the response:

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for contacting us regarding DisneyPhotoPass.com.

At this time, our website is currently not offering any multi-day
products. We do suggest you wait until a little closer to your vacation
to check back with our website to see if there have been any products
added.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting Disney Photo Imaging.

Sincerely,

Claire Kay
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

Does anyone else think DL will be losing money here?

I really don't. Disney keeps raising prices on everything, and I don't think they've hit that point of diminishing returns, or even of staying static due to selling fewer units of something at a higher price. There still seem to be plenty of people who are willing (albeit sometimes grumbling about it) to pay the higher prices for whichever components of their vacation or entertainment experience are of importance to them.

I don't think they are going to lose money either - perhaps they felt they were losing money with what they were already offering considering it was an awesome deal - sometimes when you buy something and think "man, this is almost too good to be true" when you come back to buy it again, it's gone!

Hi, long time lurker - 1st time poster.
I purchased a voucher for the now extinct Photopass Plus thanks to the poster here who was able to provide a link to the old website before they shut it down permanently- thanks BTW! : )
My question is, and I'm sorry if this has been posted before, how long do you think they are still going to accept the vouchers for this product now that it is no longer being offered as an option. Our trip is not till July.
I have read the posts where they have been exchanged recently with no problem but surely there will come a time where they will no longer accept them? I can find no expiry date anywhere on the stuff I received in the post or on the communications from the time of purchase.
I know a couple of other posters have mentioned they had bought the vouchers for upcoming trips through 2016.
Do you know how I might find out for sure if there is a cut-off date for when the vouchers will no longer be accepted.

I still have two more pre ordered vouchers to use and we only have one more trip planned for 2016 - it will be in May!
I would think they will accept them for awhile, you can't just stop accepting them and cheat people out of their money

Hi, long time lurker - 1st time poster.
I purchased a voucher for the now extinct Photopass Plus thanks to the poster here who was able to provide a link to the old website before they shut it down permanently- thanks BTW! : )
My question is, and I'm sorry if this has been posted before, how long do you think they are still going to accept the vouchers for this product now that it is no longer being offered as an option. Our trip is not till July.
I have read the posts where they have been exchanged recently with no problem but surely there will come a time where they will no longer accept them? I can find no expiry date anywhere on the stuff I received in the post or on the communications from the time of purchase.
I know a couple of other posters have mentioned they had bought the vouchers for upcoming trips through 2016.
Do you know how I might find out for sure if there is a cut-off date for when the vouchers will no longer be accepted.

Honestly I think it's anyone's guess. If you want to have a definite answer for your particular situation, I'd call them and find out first hand.

ATTENTION: I preordered photopass plus in November before the link was disabled. Our trip was Jan 6-8. I began editing my photos soon after our trip but delayed ordering the CD. I tried to log on this past Saturday to finish edits and place my order, but alas, the old website had vanished. I logged onto the new site, but I couldn't link my photopass. So I had to wait until this morning to reach the call center.

I logged on this morning and was able to link my photopass, but all of my edits were missing. So I called and was on hold for about 30 minutes. The CM told me that a warning was posted about a month ago about the old site being taken down. Of course I didn't notice the warning. Anyway he said that I could only order the photos as they were taken, and I couldn't make any edits on the new site. I was bummed.

He walked me through on how to enter my voucher code to order pictures sans edits as downloads, which is better than nothing, although I really wanted the CD. However, my code didn't work! I tried a couple of times to no avail. The CM tried it on his end also. He said my code was valid, but for some reason the system rejected it. So.....he worked some magic and is sending me a CD of my photos... WITH EDITS, apparently from the old photopass account. Since my pics don't expire until Feb 9th he was able to retrieve them, edits and all. I should receive the CD in the mail soon. Yes!!!

If you are in the same situation, it might be best if your valid code doesn't work. Then you can get your edited photos from the old photopass account. If you haven't used your voucher yet, I don't think you'll be able to do edits and borders since the old site is gone. I think you'll be able to get the downloads as is from the new site with your code without paying more money. In my confirmation email, the invoice showed that the CD would have cost $175.

Good luck, everyone!!!

[QUOTE="Kuilima, post: 55094038, He said my code was valid, but for some reason the system rejected it. So.....he worked some magic and is sending me a CD of my photos... WITH EDITS, apparently from the old photopass account. Since my pics don't expire until Feb 9th he was able to retrieve them, edits and all. I should receive the CD in the mail soon. Yes!!!

If you are in the same situation, it might be best if your valid code doesn't work. Then you can get your edited photos from the old photopass account. If you haven't used your voucher yet, I don't think you'll be able to do edits and borders since the old site is gone. I think you'll be able to get the downloads as is from the new site with your code without paying more money. In my confirmation email, the invoice showed that the CD would have cost $175.

Good luck, everyone!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Kulima, Glad you were able to get the CD with edits!! Sounds like anyone with the old pass who adds their photos now will have to go with the download option and no edits.

Thanks for sharing your story!

this is crazy -- why would you look for a notice on the website going offline when you hadn't taken your trip yet??
i am going to call when I get home after work and see how to get the code into the system b/c I found my photos minus all the edits I did :-( but could not figure out where to enter the code to get all the pictures unedited. Of course, I tried to do this on Sunday as well when the call center is not open!

Ugh, I will hate not being able to edit and add borders! That was part of the product that I bought with the voucher! Doesn't seem fair!

Ugh, I will hate not being able to edit and add borders! That was part of the product that I bought with the voucher! Doesn't seem fair!

Unfortunately Disney always says "subject to availability or subject to change." They changed the website and no longer do borders. I expect at some point in time they may refuse to take the preordered PP+ and refund people instead,

Unfortunately Disney always says "subject to availability or subject to change." They changed the website and no longer do borders. I expect at some point in time they may refuse to take the preordered PP+ and refund people instead,

I think that is probably going to be the case. Part of that package was getting the borders and stuff and that's no longer available so they may very well say they no longer accept it (I mean they stopped selling it and people continued to buy them off of other people). They will probably offer a refund and then try to get people to buy the one day thing.

*agamble* I think so too. If the product is discontinued now you couldn't see them accepting the voucher indefinitely.
I have emailed them re: this (a bit hard to ring from Aus & I would prefer it in writing) and I have received a reply from the Photopass team - probably just a generic one but it was nice to at least get a response- that they will look into my query and get back to me within 5 days.

The pre-order photopass was something that had to be ordered at least 2 weeks prior to your trip, if I remember. We used to order it at least a month in advance to make sure we got it delivered to us here in Canada though. I recall several threads from people asking if they should take a chance at ordering it only 10 days ahead etc. prior to our last trip.

So with that in mind, I think Disney would be within their rights to say, we stopped selling it and we will honor it for say 3 or 6 months and after that, too bad. I don't think the intention was ever for people to order it and plan to use it 9 months later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter