photopass question, to + or not???

brady22

Earning My Ears
Here is my question. We are planning a 4 day, pre-cruise trip to WDW. I pre-purchased the + last September for our 10 day trip and thought it was awesome. SO MANY photos! So, my question is this... Do the photographers really take more for those who have the + vs the regular? I know the main difference is the ride and restaurant photos being included in the +, but I have also heard that more photos are taken if you have the +. Is this just an "assumption" by others or does anyone have experience with it? We were thinking of saving the extra money and just buying the regular this time. Thanks!!

I think they did, and like you said it's nice for the ride photos, and dining photos, but if that doesn't really appeal to you this trip, I've heard you can tell them you preordered the cd, and they will spend more time with you ;)

Thanks for the info! I know if we pre purchase the difference is only $30 so maybe we will just do the +

Having done PP+ at both DLR and WDW and a half dozen photoCDs at WDW, I can't say I noticed any trend of getting more pics with PP+. Yes, a few did seem to take more pictures, but I still had plenty that did the 3 shots and done routine. I definitely notice more response from the photographers when you seem to be into it. Interacting with them, having a particular request, hamming it up for the camera, that type of thing always seems to get more pictures than just walking up, asking them for pics, and handing them the card. I've had some take 20-30 pictures in different poses and do multiple magic shots just because we asked them to do one pose we wanted, as we had plenty of the normal poses.

I've only used the photopass card and that was in 2010. It was great in that when we got home we got all sorts of pics. But I didn't buy that many due to price.

Would someone please explain to me what I would get for $199.00? And how it works for a family of 4? Last time I had to upload all the card numbers cuz we split up a few times.

Thanks In Advance for any assistance.

I've only used the photopass card and that was in 2010. It was great in that when we got home we got all sorts of pics. But I didn't buy that many due to price.

Would someone please explain to me what I would get for $199.00? And how it works for a family of 4? Last time I had to upload all the card numbers cuz we split up a few times.

Thanks In Advance for any assistance.

If you preorder it is, $119.95 for reg photopass, and 149 for photopass+

For that price, you get every picture that they take at the parks put on the cd, and if you get the pp+ you get all the pictures, all dining pictures and all ride pictures (so if you even get 1 dining photo package or 2 ride photos, it pays for the rest) With reg pp, you can have as many cards as you want and add them to the account, with pp+ you get 1 card for all ride and dining photos, and then you can also add the normal cards if you split up.

also if you do split up and someone goes on a ride but doesnt have the card, have them right down the photo number, and you can go back to the ride later that day and have it added to the card :) Hope that helps :cool1:

Thanks for the info! I know if we pre purchase the difference is only $30 so maybe we will just do the +
I would, if your planning on even doing chef mickeys or another dinner package that does photos, you pay for the photo and get all the rest free :)

I'm planning character dining at Garden Grille (dinner) and Tusker House (lunch). I noticed that there are no photos included in the dining packages. However, are there Photo Pass photographers there?

Bertnie20, thanks for the info. We already have our reservations, for Chef Mickey so I think we will do the photopass+.

Because my kids ask at every ride to buy the photos and my answer is always no.....I will be getting the + so they can have those photos they want so badly. I was so happy when I learned about it because the ride photos are crazy expensive and with 4 kids there would be a lot of them.

I'm planning character dining at Garden Grille (dinner) and Tusker House (lunch). I noticed that there are no photos included in the dining packages. However, are there Photo Pass photographers there?

Garden grill doesn't, tusker house does ;) they take a picture outside before you go in. The others are Ohana, chef mickeys, cinderellas royal table, akershus, 1900 park fare, hoop de hoop, mickeys BBQ and spirt of aloha

No character meal actually has photographers at the meal. The ones that participate in PP+ simply take a staged picture before hand. I believe CRT, Akershus, and Tusker House have a character for their picture, the others are just in front of backdrop before you enter.

Because my kids ask at every ride to buy the photos and my answer is always no.....I will be getting the + so they can have those photos they want so badly. I was so happy when I learned about it because the ride photos are crazy expensive and with 4 kids there would be a lot of them.

I just wanted to add that for families that only want ride photos and don't care about meal or other photopass photos, you can purchase Attractions+. It is available for purchase at the park only (no pre-purchase) and costs $44.95. So, for the price of 3 ride photos, you can get all of them.

Last time I was at Chef Mickeys they didn't take your picture, the characters came around to your table and you had to take the pictures, what have they changed?:scratchin

Last time I was at Chef Mickeys they didn't take your picture, the characters came around to your table and you had to take the pictures, what have they changed?:scratchin

When we have gone, you check in, then get in line to have your picture taken with the Mickey statue, then you are seated. There are no photographers in the restaurant. They bring your photo package to your table while you are eating. If you don't have pp+, you decide whether or not you want to purchase it. If you have pp+ they just give it to you.

When we have gone, you check in, then get in line to have your picture taken with the Mickey statue, then you are seated.

If you don't want the photo, you can also bypass the line to be seated, same at Tusker House. We haven't had PP+ before, but would probably do these when we do. With the two options coming closer in price, and our kids doing more rides, the plus makes a lot more sense.

I think they did, and like you said it's nice for the ride photos, and dining photos, but if that doesn't really appeal to you this trip, I've heard you can tell them you preordered the cd, and they will spend more time with you ;)

This is good advice, we hadn't consider this before. My wife is very friendly and chatty, so most of our photo pass cm experiences are good, but there are some that just won't click that many pictures at all. Not sure this will help those, but we'll have to remember to give it a shot.

When we have gone, you check in, then get in line to have your picture taken with the Mickey statue, then you are seated. There are no photographers in the restaurant. They bring your photo package to your table while you are eating. If you don't have pp+, you decide whether or not you want to purchase it. If you have pp+ they just give it to you.

I don't remember them doing this last time I was there... Must have started it since I have went... Well ok...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter