Photopass Gallery CD update

gator girl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone noticed lately if they are still selling the Gallery CDs with the "free" photopass code? Just want to verify this because I will be arriving at the end of the month for my FIRST! TRIP! TO! DISNEYLAND!!!! (sorry, I'm a little bit excited.)

Also, I will be going to Disney World the week before my trip to CA, so is it true that I can add some FL pics to my CA photopass & be charged the CA cost?

I think they closed the FL v. CA pricing loophole. If you have WDW photos you'll have to pay the higher price.

I picked up the gallery CD value pack on our last trip in the middle of December. They gave me my 10% AP discount and it included free shipping - saved me about $7 total.

3Minnies is right, you now have to pay the higher price if there are any WDW photos included. So, if you are doing WDW, you may want to look and see about the preorder discount for the WDW CD. You can get both DL and WDW photos on the same CD, though (at the WDW price).

Thanks to both of you for your help!

I wasn't planning a WDW photopass because I'm there all the time, but I would have had a few shots taken if I could have stuck them on my DL photopass order.

So I'll just get the DL photopass gallery CD then! :)

PhotoPass has also begun sticking some "stock photos" in our photo accounts. I had not heard about these, so I was very shocked when I signed on to PhotoPass to add in the card number for my recent DLR trip and saw all of these professional stock photos of characters in my account! At first I thought it was a mistake. Then I got the e-mail from PhotoPass letting me know that they have now begun adding in these bonus photos, which will be included on our CD's when we receive them. Apparently, these pictures have been included on photo accounts since at least April 2011 but not as far back as January 2011.

There are not a whole lot of the stock photos on the photo CD's - I think my account had maybe 10 pictures (can't recall offhand), give or take a couple - but they are very nice. There's a nice picture in front of the floral Mickey at the DL entrance. There's a lovely picture of Mickey & Minnie at the train. There are some nice pictures by the Partners statue/Hub...and several others. It's a cool little bonus to have these - the last time I ordered a CD (one year ago), there were no bonus/stock photos added in.

The stock photos included with the CD seem to be based on the location/character in the photos of you (i.e. if you meet Chip and Dale, they'll include some stock picts of them). I just got my CD last week, and there were some included on that CD that were not in the Gallery CD that I bought in the parks. It was kind of nifty!

The stock photos included with the CD seem to be based on the location/character in the photos of you (i.e. if you meet Chip and Dale, they'll include some stock picts of them). I just got my CD last week, and there were some included on that CD that were not in the Gallery CD that I bought in the parks. It was kind of nifty!

That would be very cool if everyone got a slightly different variation and variety of stock photos!

Without going into my PhotoPass account and checking it (they are waiting on me to order the CD or download), from what I remember offhand, I know I had one group character photo of the Fab Five by the Floral Mickey, and then I had mostly Mickey and Minnie stuff in various spots (I love the shot of the two of them at the train, with the train steam added in for atmosphere!), and some Goofy pics, I think. I think all of my stock photos were in Disneyland and not California Adventure. I will have to double check what they gave me to be sure.

We did take some shots at the Hub, so I suppose it was intentional that they gave me a few Mickey & Minnie shots at the Hub!

The only two character meet & greet photos I took outside of my Goofy's Kitchen meals were with Sulley & with Duffy in DCA. I didn't meet Pooh or anyone else in DL this time around, unfortunately.

In any case, I was delighted and surprised to see the pictures in the PhotoPass account! Anything they can do to increase the value of the CD is a plus!:thumbsup2

PhotoPass has also begun sticking some "stock photos" in our photo accounts. I had not heard about these, so I was very shocked when I signed on to PhotoPass to add in the card number for my recent DLR trip and saw all of these professional stock photos of characters in my account! At first I thought it was a mistake. Then I got the e-mail from PhotoPass letting me know that they have now begun adding in these bonus photos, which will be included on our CD's when we receive them. Apparently, these pictures have been included on photo accounts since at least April 2011 but not as far back as January 2011.

There are not a whole lot of the stock photos on the photo CD's - I think my account had maybe 10 pictures (can't recall offhand), give or take a couple - but they are very nice. There's a nice picture in front of the floral Mickey at the DL entrance. There's a lovely picture of Mickey & Minnie at the train. There are some nice pictures by the Partners statue/Hub...and several others. It's a cool little bonus to have these - the last time I ordered a CD (one year ago), there were no bonus/stock photos added in.

Same here. I think it may add those stock photos depending on your other photos since I also had Mickey and Minnie in DCA, I think a ToonTown one, and many more..we had quite alot.at least 20. I bough one in October and used my AP so saved a bit, plus the free shipping helped. I'll also get one in a couple weeks since I tend to use the PhotoPass pictures for scrapbooks when I have the grandkids along. I got a 20% off coupon when I renewed my AP so hopefully it will work there and I'll save even more.

After reading nunzia's post and starshine514's post, I was curious and signed on to my PhotoPass account to see exactly which stock photos they gave me.

I guess that the more PhotoPass pictures you take around both parks, and based on the specific areas in which you have those shots taken, they will give you more bonus stock pictures.

On this past holiday trip, I did not have nearly as many PP pictures taken as I have had taken in other years - and they only gave me 9 bonus stock pictures! So take more PP pictures all over the place and you will get more bonus pics!

Of the 9 bonus characters I was given, this is the breakdown:

1. Three shots of the Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy) in front of the Mickey floral at the entrance to DL. In each one the poses are slightly different;

2. One picture of Mickey by himself in front of the Mickey floral;

3. One picture of Mickey & Minnie together in front of the Mickey floral;

4. Two pictures of Mickey and Minnie at the train. In one of them they are both looking at the camera. In my favorite shot, Mickey and Minnie are gazing at each other, holding hands, and the steam from the train is adding atmosphere;

5. One adorable photo of Mickey looking at Partners. The Castle is in the background, of course, and there are some gorgeous pink-ish flowers surrounding Partners. Mickey is standing in the background, to the right, looking up at the statue; and

6. One photo of Minnie standing behind the gorgeous pink-ish flowers mentioned above - the flowers are in the foreground and Minnie is in the background. This was taken near Partners but you don't see Partners in it.

I could have sworn they had given me a third picture from around the Hub/Partners, but if it was there a few days ago it is gone now!:confused3

Oddly, I had several PhotoPass photos taken around DCA - by the waterfall, with Duffy, by the Christmas tree, on the bridge leading into the Paradise Pier area of DCA, etc. - and I did not get one single bonus stock photo from DCA! Weird! I guess I just didn't go to the right spot for them to add on some DCA pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter