Photography Board WINTER Assignment, 2011: Scavenger Hunt

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the 2011 Photography Board Winter Scavenger Hunt!

This Assignment will run for all of January, February and March.

Rules are fairly simple:

1) Find the items on the list and interpret/photograph them the best way you can.

2) Remember that as part of a photography board assignment meant to get us out using our cameras and improving our skills, we should strive for taking GOOD pictures. Pay attention to the Five C’s: Content, Composition, Color, Clarity and Creativity. All camera types and skill levels are invited to participate.

3) Pictures should be new beginning today.

4) Post as many pictures and categories as you like, there is no limit.

5) While there won’t be a point system, once you post pictures from three categories you’ll be eligible to put the 2011 Photo Board Winter Scavenger Hunt avatar in your signature. (See Below)

6) Have FUN! :goodvibes Keep your cameras handy as you WILL see items when you least expect to!

image004.png

2011 Winter Scavenger Hunt - Hopefully lots for everyone to choose from!

Alcoholic Drink – mixed, beer, wine
Ambience
Americana (U.S. Culture related)
Angel in Snow
Antique Building Interior
Aurora, astronomical

Beignet
Berries, winter
Bird(s) of winter, feeding
Blimey! (English culture related)
Blizzard
Breath (in cold air)

Candlelight
Candy Jar
Cardinal
Church Steeple
Cityscape at Night
Cooking/Culinary
Cordwood/Kindling
Corduroy material
Critter
Cuddly Warm
Cultural (countries other than U.S., Canada, Australia or England related)

Dazzling Jewelry
De-icing Wings on Plane
Deli Sandwich with pickle
Disney Menu, Resort Sign or Cast Member

Earmuffs
Eh? (Canadian culture related)
Emergency

Favorite Food(s)
Fireplace with crackling fire
Floyd Turbo or Mad Bomber Hat
Frozen/Icy Body of Water (lake, ocean, river, etc)
Fuzzy Slippers

Galoshes
G’Day (Australian culture related)
Gingerbread
Grilling (in cold!)
Groundhog/Punxsutawney Phil

Hawk

Ice Fishing
Ice Sculpture
Icicle

Lift Ticket or Ski Lift
Love :lovestruc

Manufacturing
Mardi Gras
Mickey Waffle
Mischief
Misspelled or Funny Sign
Moon
Musical Instrument, in use

Neon
New Year’s related
News Truck
Nutcracker

Off Road Vehicle in use

Pastime
Pastoral
Pastry, gooey
Peppermint (personal fave, make it good for me!) :cloud9:
Pet being silly or in winter gear
People At Work
Pinecone
Pizza (or other) Dude
Pizza Oven with hot pizza
Po' Boy
Popcorn at Movie Theater
President related

Saved Parking Space in Snow
Shrimp on barbie
Simplicity
Sky/Star
Sleigh
Smart Car
Snack Bar with snack
Snowflake
Snowman
Snow Plow Driver
Snow Removal
Snow Scene
Snowshoe
Soup’s On!
Steamy Hot Drink/Hot Toddy
Solitude
Southern Cassowary
Sunrise/Sunset
Sushi Bar

Restaurant Table with menu
Rosy Cheeks (from cold)

Top of Snowy Mountain (w/ real snow)
Train Depot
Twilight

Ugly (no humans please!)
Umbrella, in use

In Unison

Vacation, yours
Valentine related
Vehicle Stuck in Snow
Villain
Vintage

(Someone) Waving At You
Wild Animal Tracks or Habitats
Window Scenes
Winter Sport
Wipeout

Add your own X or Y

Zamboni

And we're off....Ain't any ice and snow in Melbourne at the moment....:teeth:

Coincidentally, I went to the beach two days ago and saw these......I know it's not from today :)

CRITTER (previously sand, NOT (N)ICE SCULPTURE try)

SandSculptingFrankston2010035.jpg

Funny Sign

SandSculptingFrankston2010062.jpg

Ugly (No humans)
SandSculptingFrankston2010065.jpg

princess::upsidedow

I'll ask that people try to stick to the rules and items as listed as much as possible. Otherwise, this becomes just another POD thread.

Princess, how about you change the name of your first picture to Critter and go out and find me a real ice sculpture somewhere over there in Oz? No rush, you have three months to look. ;)

Nice pics, btw.

I'll ask that people try to stick to the rules and items as listed as much as possible. Otherwise, this becomes just another POD thread.

Princess, how about you change the name of your first picture to Critter and go out and find me a real ice sculpture somewhere over there in Oz? No rush, you have three months to look. ;)

Nice pics, btw.

:rotfl2: I'll definitely TRY to stick to the rules....I'll change it to Critter. I'm actually heading to California in January; so I'll keep an eye out for the snow stuff. I was going to head to the Ice Bar in Melbourne to see if they had any ice sculptures...The things and places I visit for the sake of a photograph...:teeth:.

ps. I'll still keep an eye out for a "critter"...saw some possums on my roof three nights ago.

Another interesting and challenging list! On first glance, some look a bit tricky for a down under summer, but I have some ideas already!!!
Thanks, Linda, for putting this together again. I'm sure we will all have fun! (They really need to have a photography smilie now..!! ;))

I can't wait to get started as I missed the last scavenger hunt. I agree, could be a little tricky for us Aussies but I also have some ideas.

Thanks for doing this Linda!

Have to confess - I Googled Floyd Turbo/Mad Bomber Hat because I had no idea that that's what they're called!

Hmmm.....we're only a couple of hours from Punxsutawney, and my oldest DS will be 21 on Feb. 2, which just happens to be Groundhog Day. We've joked over the years about going to the festivities on his 21st, but it's a Wednesday and he'll be away at college.....my brain is going to try to figure out some way to make it work. It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing, maybe he SHOULD miss classes that day.

Ok, better get to work.......

I could barely believe my eyes last night at work when a visitor pulled out a Mad Bomber Hat! :lmao:

I could barely believe my eyes last night at work when a visitor pulled out a Mad Bomber Hat! :lmao:

Well I own 3 of them and they are one of the armest hats I've ever own, they are the only winter hat I wear now.
It sure came in handy yesterday morning when I got those 2 shots I posted.

I hope this is what you mean by Window Scenes

NYE2010031.jpg

Nutcracker (and Clara)

NYE2010032.jpg

SnowFlake

NYE2010027.jpg

CityScape at Night

NYE2010089.jpg

Twilight

NYE2010094.jpg

Happy New Year Everyone!

These were taken on New Year's Eve in Melbourne at the early fireworks.

New Year Related

I was in Federation Square, in the heart of Melbourne.

NYE2010039.jpg

For the New Year's eve celebrations.

NYE2010042.jpg

We normally party along the banks of the Yarra River...

NYE2010043.jpg

But this year, it was 40 C (104 F) at 6 pm. Definitely no snow nor ice DownUnder! So, the 9.15 pm fireworks got moved over to the Sports precinct, where the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Tennis Centre. The area around the sports arenas are apparently easier to defend in case of a fire.

I found a spot along the banks of the Yarra and set the TRIPOD and camera for these shots. f 9.0, ISO 100 and between 4 - 10 secs.

NYE2010054.jpg

NYE2010057.jpg

NYE2010064.jpg

NYE2010087.jpg

i'm so excited over this!

Thanks so much for putting this together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter