Philadelphia Marathon Weekend 2022

Just be careful going for sub-2:00. I stupidly was going for a POT in April for Goofy and injured myself.
Thanks, but nobody's ever needed to tell me to be *more* careful! If anything I need to go a bit harder in races. Sorry about your injury.

Looks like setup has started! Banners and porta potties are starting to go up around Eakins Oval (start & finish area)! Weather forecast looks really pretty great for both days. T+D= 29+19=48 at start of the half and 28+15=43 at start of the full. Maybe a bit chilly but I prefer that to too hot.
Currently trying to reframe my anxiety as excitement! Hope everybody has a great race.

IMG_4022.JPG
Setup starting at start/finish area in front of the Art Museum

IMG_4020.JPG
Signs up for the new Disney 100th Anniversary exhibit at the Franklin Institute!

Good luck to all the runners!

I lived in Philly for 5 years, but sadly didn't start running until the last year. Wish I would have started running sooner and had the opportunity to do this race weekend when I was local!

Anyone see the half-marathon shirts, yet? I'm packing and trying to coordinate with the shirt, but don't know the most prominent color scheme.

Thanks so much! I don't have the instagram, but I saw a thumbnail of it. Thank you for the heads up!
Now it's time for me to go host a little local 5K. I called it the "Very Merry Three Park 5K!" Of course, they're little local parks and not The Parks (DAK, MK, etc), but I guess the runDisney spirit lingered with me... run by parks! :D

PS: Looks like temps will be in the 30s, feels like 20degrees according to accuweather. I saw someone post a much higher temperature upthread.... what was that calculation?

Last edited:
That was temperature plus dew point (T+D) for the start of the race each day. Lots of folks on here use it as a measure of weather that includes humidity along with temps. I’m sure somebody else can give a better explanation why it’s useful :cutie:

How are you planning on getting to the start? I've been pondering if I should keep using The Broad Street Line or try to drive. If I drive, I just worry about parking.

How are you planning on getting to the start? I've been pondering if I should keep using The Broad Street Line or try to drive. If I drive, I just worry about parking.
I live walkable distance to the start/finish but I'd use the BSL personally. I use it every day to get to work. If you decide to drive you should probably reserve a space in a lot because it's going to be hard to find street parking and personally I just wouldn't want the stress in the morning.

My hotel is at 19th and Race St, just south of Logan Square. I don't think I've ever stayed in that part of town, but that should be pretty easily walkable to the start/from the finish, correct? I know they are running shuttles, but I like to have a backup plan.

My hotel is at 19th and Race St, just south of Logan Square. I don't think I've ever stayed in that part of town, but that should be pretty easily walkable to the start/from the finish, correct? I know they are running shuttles, but I like to have a backup plan.
Oh wow yeah I live way further away than that and plan on walking! It's at most a half mile.

Yeah as much as I like running in the cold, I have the hardest time with running in the 30s. I either layer too much and get warm or don't wear enough and remain uncomfortably chilly. The Sun would have me err on the side of fewer layers, but that wind! I'm packing tights and gloves and I'll make a game-time decision on those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter