Pete made me do it!

SG131

DIS Veteran
Finally took the leap and put an offer on my first DVC contract! A day later and it’s accepted so Boardwalk Villas here we come! After watching the DVC show I just couldn’t resist any longer!!! (Well that and I found out I actually don’t need a new roof yet so that helped on the cost end). Fingers crossed on the ROFR but the price seems to be over what they’ve been taking back so I’m hopefully that it’ll be all good.

Good luck!

Pete should get a big thank you from DVD - his recent purchase and enthusiasm for DVC is generating a LOT of interest. We're seeing lots of "new" posters here on the DIS DVC boards and I'm quite sure they are coming here after watching his podcasts. :teeth:

Fingers crossed for you. I have been looking at DVC for years and thanks to the DVC show an Pete finally took the plunge. I just passed ROFR and have signed all my paperwork for AKV.
Good luck, the ROFR wait feels like a lifetime, fingers crossed for you.
Good luck!

Pete should get a big thank you from DVD - his recent purchase and enthusiasm for DVC is generating a LOT of interest. We're seeing lots of "new" posters here on the DIS DVC boards and I' quite sure they are coming here after watching his podcasts. :teeth:
Thanks! They only took back about 15% of boardwalk contracts lately so I’m trying to not get too worried.

It’s been in the back of my mind for a long time, but Pete became my Jiminy Cricket in my ear saying this is really great, it’s totally worth doing and I finally listened. I’m also not in a position to pay direct prices right now and for a long time believed that was the only right way to do it, but thanks to all the information in these boards I felt a lot more comfortable buying resale.

Good luck!

Pete should get a big thank you from DVD - his recent purchase and enthusiasm for DVC is generating a LOT of interest. We're seeing lots of "new" posters here on the DIS DVC boards and I' quite sure they are coming here after watching his podcasts. :teeth:

THIS ^^^

Count me in as one of those. I wonder if the DVCStore is seeing more traffic as well?

Congratulations! I can tell you from getting involved with the DVC Show that Pete's enthusiasm is truly genuine. And for me - DVC is not a perfect world, but my family has had many WONDERFUL trips with DVC in the 5 years since we bought in. And as a fellow Boardwalk owner I can tell you that you will LOVE owning there.

Keep watching / listening to the DVC show - there's some really great topics coming up to help new users better understand DVC.

Congratulations! I can tell you from getting involved with the DVC Show that Pete's enthusiasm is truly genuine. And for me - DVC is not a perfect world, but my family has had many WONDERFUL trips with DVC in the 5 years since we bought in. And as a fellow Boardwalk owner I can tell you that you will LOVE owning there.

Keep watching / listening to the DVC show - there's some really great topics coming up to help new users better understand DVC.
Thanks, congrats on your appearances in the show, you were a nice addition! The boardwalk seemed to be the perfect balance for me between cost and location for me. I did seriously consider bay lake tower as well, but the price per point was a bit higher and the studios only have 2 sleep surfaces. My family situation is constantly in flux as someone who has been a foster parent, so having the 3rd sleep surface just in case is important to me. Plus I love the Epcot Area! The contract is loaded, so it looks like I have to keep my AP longer now!

It's great that Pete is doing these shows. You can tell he loves it (and his mom is SO adorable)! Someone could teach a college class on all the intricacies of DVC, so it will be nice to have it broken down.

I have to believe having 1 agent in every episode of the show, and adding a second in the most recent show tells me they are seeing a good ROI for their sponsorship.
I’ve considered it in the past but the pods were the final straw that pushed me toward using them to rent my extra points. So easy and quick. I’m glad I did it. So it worked on me.

Those shows have been great. After spending a lot of time researching here before buying, I was expecting a lot of watered-down basic content but to their credit, they have gotten into the details more than I expected.

But yeah, I lay the blame for our BWV contract that closed yesterday firmly on Pete.

Those shows have been great. After spending a lot of time researching here before buying, I was expecting a lot of watered-down basic content but to their credit, they have gotten into the details more than I expected.

But yeah, I lay the blame for our BWV contract that closed yesterday firmly on Pete.
Ah hopefully we will be neighbors!

And Disney is sitting there seeing an influx of ROFR docs wondering what’s going on. Or maybe someone in their office has seen the show too!

Ah hopefully we will be neighbors!

And Disney is sitting there seeing an influx of ROFR docs wondering what’s going on. Or maybe someone in their office has seen the show too!
Rumor has it they have staff with the job of keeping up with social media, so I bet they are aware.

Good luck with ROFR!

Finally took the leap and put an offer on my first DVC contract! A day later and it’s accepted so Boardwalk Villas here we come! After watching the DVC show I just couldn’t resist any longer!!! (Well that and I found out I actually don’t need a new roof yet so that helped on the cost end). Fingers crossed on the ROFR but the price seems to be over what they’ve been taking back so I’m hopefully that it’ll be all good.
Yes I blame that SOB too. One moment my life was just fine without a timeshare and after only a few months of that podcast I'm on fire for a DVC contract. Not sure if I will be upset or relieved if my accepted offer passes ROFR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!