Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dad actually allowing and helping his son back up there right after he fell down and hurt you was funny because it showed how stupid people can be. And I'm not going to fight with you.Your responses are ugly and unnecessary and I am not meaning any harm to you. You are being rude and you know, there is this thing called karma...:lmao:
I admit, I chuckle when a kid wearing Heelies wipes out. They arent supposed to be wearing the stupid things in the first place. I always want to hold up one of those scorecards, like they have at gymnastic meets.

My peeve: "PIN numbers" translation: "Personal Identification Number Number"

I have been to many Doctors but the problem is they give me stuff that will work for a while but then it quits. I don't know what to do :confused3 Its a horrible feeling when you sit down on one of the Disney buses and nobody will sit beside you and little kids hold their noses in front of you. It hurts you know.

Tito

michael-jackson-tribute-con.jpg

WOW...You must be REALLY REALLY funky if you're getting that type of response. Ok yeah I get you're allergic to deodorants but who cares? You're an adult .You need to be more vigilant about preventing body odor even if you have to go into the bathroom and soap up and reapply the deodorant .DO IT!!Dont just walk around with extreme body odor!!! Bring a backpack with a couple extra tshirts,washcloth,bar of Zest or Irish Spring soap and your deodorant . When you're begining to smell go into the bathroom wet the washcloth take it into a stall soap up ,scrub under your arms real good ,rinse the excess soap off and reapply your deodorant and put on a diffrent tshirt . You can discreetly do this . Dont go around being funky like that .If you have to do this twice a day or more just do it ! You will NEVER meet a lady smelling like musky roadkill. After you're all soaped up and fresh spray a tiny bit of Axe on your chest :wizard:

Just wanted to say yeah I know you're a man but you should consider shaving your armpitt hair. Hair really holds in funk .

I have been to many Doctors but the problem is they give me stuff that will work for a while but then it quits. I don't know what to do :confused3 Its a horrible feeling when you sit down on one of the Disney buses and nobody will sit beside you and little kids hold their noses in front of you. It hurts you know.

Tito

A friend of mine in my first college had that problem. Go to Walmart and buy some of the handy wipes. They sell individual packets so they are easily carried in your pockets. Carry a bottle of hand sanitizer with you as well. Use both under your arms as often as possbile. And carry an extra shirt at all times. As for being allergic to deodorant, I have a solution that may save you here... use baking soda. No kidding. After a shower use some baking soda under your arms. It will really help. You may also want to try this deodorant. It is an all natural deodorant and shouldn't cause you issues.
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/deodorant/product-details/long-lasting-care-deodorant-stick
and
http://www.thecrystal.com/

People who assume I'm a horrible parent because my 8 year old DD is having a melt-down and screaming "I hate you" at me while I'm stuffing candy into her mouth. Back off...she has Type 1 diabetes, and her blood sugar was just 26. Doing my best to keep her conscious here...I can do without the comments. BTW...26 is bad...very, very bad...

Oh...and those love bugs in September. They are everywhere!

some of my biggest disney parks pet peeves are:
1. Children acting like complete brats
2. The parents who don't control them
3. Groups of people who come to a halt in the middle of the walkway and have family pow wows.
4. The lazies who cannot seem to throw their garbage out at QS locations.
5. Line cutters. These are the people who have made me the biggest "line queen" I am today (Line queen/king: people who shoot dirty looks at others who appear to be trying to cut the line).

every time I see any of these things happen, i'm just like, REALLYYY?
tumblr_lln0dfx3Jd1qafrh6.gif

Mine: When someone conducts all of Wishes/Illuminations/Fantasmic. It's great that you know it. Yeah, I sing along quietly to the theme of Wishes. But seriously, it's always someone's first time watching the nighttime spectacular. Don't ruin the magic.

3. Groups of people who come to a halt in the middle of the walkway and have family pow wows.

tumblr_lln0dfx3Jd1qafrh6.gif

Yes!! To number 4

As for number 3, family pow wow or not, people who just come to a sudden halt with no warning are hazzard!

I haven't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned, but standing in a crowded CS to place an order and the people who have been whining about how long they have been waiting get to the cashier and then turn to the rest of their party to ask "What are you having ...?" :mad:

some of my biggest disney parks pet peeves are:
1. Children acting like complete brats
2. The parents who don't control them
5. Line cutters. These are the people who have made me the biggest "line queen" I am today (Line queen/king: people who shoot dirty looks at others who appear to be trying to cut the line).

every time I see any of these things happen, i'm just like, REALLYYY?

I had to quote you so I could read what you wrote. The repeating picture in your post was giving me motion sickness.

Big :thumbsup2 to #4

I hate it when people get mad at me for having body odor. Its not my fault I am allergic to all deodorants except for Mineral Crystal deodorant but after a day of slugging it out in the parks in the hot Florida sun it does not hold up. I tell people about my problem but they do not seem to care. That is my pet peeve.

Tito

My pet peeve -- and yes, I deleted your photo -- is TROLLS with bad photo shop skills who actually think is too funny.

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I don't think of him as a troll. I actually enjoyed his posts, I find them to be entertaining.

It's a little break from 55 pages of people stating the same peeves over and over again.

Though, I admit, I share the same peeves.

Amen! They need to not get so offended when they stop suddenly in front of me and I just push on through them.

I will usually make a scene about this one. Like getting up as they start to walk away and I take all of their garbage to the trash while saying loud enough for them and others to hear "It's okay. It's okay. I'll get your trash." Or as they are walking away I might ask them "Are you really going to leave that stuff there?" I love seeing them act like they do not speak English and try to get away as fast as they can before their embarrassed any further when I just heard them speaking decent/perfect English 5 minutes prior.

All you do is dirty looks? :confused: Try calling them out on it so others can hear. Trust me, you're not the only one thinking it. The others in line are the same as you. They wouldn't dream of cutting line and get irritated by those that do. How do I know? Because they are in line with you. :) Societies complacency at this type of behavior is how we got into this mess at the parks. "Why do you let it bother you?" is the most common comment I hear. But that usually comes from someone that would get just as ticked off at the stuff as me.

Acctually Disneyland is "The Happiest Place On Earth" while MK is "The Most Magical Place On Earth" and WDW as a whole is "The Place Where Dreams Come True".

But yes those things are annoying.

Stumbled across this thread a little late but... :thumbsup2

I saw the first line, and was about to correct but I see you are on the job. :rotfl2:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I don't think of him as a troll. I actually enjoyed his posts, I find them to be entertaining.

It's a little break from 55 pages of people stating the same peeves over and over again.

Though, I admit, I share the same peeves.

I thought he was kidding, and the pictures were meant to be funny and ironic. Maybe I'm wrong? In the future I will try to be more sensitive and understanding about the funky-smelling individuals that I come in contact with!

I have to agree with the playing video games in the line or at the dinner table. I understand there are *special* circumstances, but the majority of the kids doing don't have special needs. It's the same as having to watch your in-car DVD player while driving around town.

Kids need to experience being bored. They need to learn how to sit at a table and wait. Or stand in a line and wait. Or ride in a car. Children are not born knowing how to do this, and they need to be taught.

As a teacher, I have dealt with many kids who can't sit still or pay attention long enough to get through a lesson. Many of these kids were also the ones "hooked" on video games. It really can cause significant problems later in life. And if you're kid can't stand to be "bored" for 30 minutes at Disney, how will they ever learn to sit through a "boring" meeting at work or a "boring" lesson at schoool?!?

Thanks everyone for the tips!!:thumbsup2 I have never tried the baking soda thing, I should give it a whirl. I have a job at the local Taco Bell and I change my shirt at least 3 times during a shift. The problem I have in Disney is that I get all wrapped up with the ambiance of the theme parks that I forget about my body odor problem. Its only when I am by myself that I forget about the issue, when I travel with mother she will tell me instantly and then I will fix the problem. In hind sight I should be more considerate of others.

Thanks again :banana:

Tito

"Someday my Princess will come" Tito Johnston

titodis.jpg

How about the parents who think it is ok for their child to do anything they want because they are at WDW? I'm not talking about having a burger for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I'm talking about letting them throw rocks at the ducks, rip up the greenery by the roots and toss it, or throw their ball into the flower gardens at the Magic Kingdom, climb in to get it back, and then throw the ball back in again. What is wrong with people?

How about the parents who think it is ok for their child to do anything they want because they are at WDW? What is wrong with people?

Maybe this was a rhetorical question, but I can't resist. Those parents (using the noun not verb) are most likely acting the same way they act everywhere else. It isn't because the kids are at WDW. Too many parents are of the "kids will be kids" mentality...and they are right! Kids will be immature, self-serving, inconsiderate little beasts unless nurtured and TAUGHT otherwise. I work at many outdoor festivals and craft venues and am shocked at how parents will allow their kids to do whatever they please. I had a boy about 5 yo walk up to my table last week and pick up one of my handmade miniatures and proceed to try as hard as he could to pry the pieces apart. The whole time staring right at me. His mom was about two steps behind him and looking at me with a blank gaze while I repeatedly told him the pieces DO NOT come off and they are for looking at not ripping apart. I swear I was sooooo close to picking him up and trying to rip his little arms off....oops too far. Frankly, he was being a 5 year old boy. MOM needed to parent!

Tito, I believe there are Botox injections you can get in the armpits- probably hurts like the dickens but maybe it will help?

And I get a kick out of your photoshopped pic..:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter