Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about people who need double strollers? What should we do?

Don't use an suv sized double at WDW. They do make ones that are a bit smaller. Disney does actually have a size limit on them. If you can't fold it up easily, and can't hold on to it easily while standing without whacking someone, then it is not a good stroller if you plan on using the busses.

My pet peeve is when people seem to think that Disney is only for children.. meaning that they push their child in front of you.. even though you may have been there first.. but hey, you are only an adult.. and they have a child .. that child should come first.. right?? NOT.. Disney is for all .. doesn't Peter Pan say.. I'm Never Growing Up? ;) So if I am sitting on the curb waiting for the parade, please don't push your child in front of me to get a better view.. I waited because I wanted to view the parade.. I didn't wait to give my spot up to you... and sure, flame me for saying that.. I have 3 grown children.. and when they were small, I got them to the curb early so they could get a good view..I never assumed I could just push them in front of an adult... :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I have mentioned our story on other boards, but I never took my kids to WDW until they were adults, because I didn't think we could afford it. (The $5000 vacation myth). We went to Europe (family of four for $2500 for 2 weeks - those were the days) and skiing, but not Disney. Soooo, now we go every year and my kids are experiencing everything just like the young ones. We camp out for parades and Dumbo and stand in line for autographs. It makes my heart sing to see the joy on their faces. Your (speaking to the masses) children are special and deserve a magical vacation, but so are mine and so is the child inside me!

In a nutshell... Those who are unforgiving of others who do not live up to their expectations when they know nothing of the other's circumstances. Perfect people who believe no one in life is able to make a mistake. We were all once kids, had a bad day with our own kids, stopped in the middle of a walkway, bumped into someone else with our stroller, walked in front of an ECV or attempted to run someone else over. Most have missed washing our hands once or twice over a life time, and have misspelled words in threads incorrectly, and walked on the left instead of the right, or vice versa in other countries.

But FWIW, I will throw in - Mind readers, some of which have participated in this thread who believe or have an opinion that my DD is lazy or we're trying to get something out of using a wheelchair for her. I'd rather we didn't need to use it. But we do. Get over it.

I have no problem occassionally calling out someone for their rude behavior. As the incident was described however that isn't what happened. She let the three teens pass without saying anything and then addressed the mother who took the door and called her out for not "teaching them manners". If the behavior its self was addressed instead of implying that the parent wasn't adaquately raising their kids (when there is no real evidence that is the case) I wouldn't find it exceptionately rude. I just think that questioning ones parenting is a particualrly touchy subject to be broaching with a stranger. That poor woman could have been hurt by such a callous comment to the point that it ruined her day. Doesn't seem worth it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. As I recall, the Mom said something like "teenagers...what can you do?" I think that is a "bad" parenting moment that can be called out when the Mom made an excuse for the rude behavior. I've got two teen boys myself and I'd be correcting them if they acted so rude. I wouldn't be making excuses for their behavior to strangers. Although I doubt that I would have had the courage to do it myself, especially at WDW, but I was glad to hear that someone did call out the Mom's apathy.

I realize that "parenting" is a touchy topic on these boards. We are far from perfect parents, but we try our best and make our share of mistakes along the way. But, I wouldn't be offended if someone called me out on ignoring a teaching moment especially if I was trying to make an excuse for my lack of parenting at that moment.

Two different things. I don't see much cursing or yelling at the top of the lungs on a discussion board. And if I do the offending person is most often given a time out, sometimes a permanent one (from the board that is).

:thumbsup2

In a nutshell... Those who are unforgiving of others who do not live up to their expectations when they know nothing of the other's circumstances. Perfect people who believe no one in life is able to make a mistake. We were all once kids, had a bad day with our own kids, stopped in the middle of a walkway, bumped into someone else with our stroller, walked in front of an ECV or attempted to run someone else over. Most have missed washing our hands once or twice over a life time, and have misspelled words in threads incorrectly, and walked on the left instead of the right, or vice versa in other countries.

Good points. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I've chilled out with age. I now just shrug off most things that used to bother me. And yes, I will admit that I've been known to actually do one of my own pet peeves. Usually, I do catch myself and try harder the next time. I just think that there is a big difference between an innocent mistake (stopping in the walkway, stepped in front of a stroller, ECV as you're trying to make your way through a mob, etc.) and intentional rudenesss. It is the intentional rude behavior that bothers me more such as cutting in front of me to get to a Photopass photographer even though we were waiting there already, taking flash photography on dark rides, talking obnoxiously on a cell phone in line, purposely hitting someone with a stroller as you're upset the crowds aren't moving and those without strollers seem to be moving faster than you, putting a child on your shoulder in front of my kids when Wishes starts, etc. that bother me more. Granted, I don't let it ruin our trip or even day, but the intentional rudeness is more bothersome (i.e. more of a pet peeve) than the unintentional oblivious behavior that we're all guilty of at times.

Those who walk in fron of you as you are trying to take a picture!

I understand. and we try to not walk inforbnt of people taking a picture. and often, we have offered to TAKE the picture, so eeryone can be in it!

however, almost everyone is taking a picture. sometimes you just have to walk through...hate doing it, but you can't stand forever in front of the castle until everyone is done taking their pics. or that shot on the bridge of Mt everest in the background. esp, if it takes the person FOREVER to take the shot! ie, adjust this lens here, now that one there.. um Johnny move to t he right, susie, smile more, etc etc

I understand. and we try to not walk inforbnt of people taking a picture. and often, we have offered to TAKE the picture, so eeryone can be in it!

however, almost everyone is taking a picture. sometimes you just have to walk through...hate doing it, but you can't stand forever in front of the castle until everyone is done taking their pics. or that shot on the bridge of Mt everest in the background. esp, if it takes the person FOREVER to take the shot! ie, adjust this lens here, now that one there.. um Johnny move to t he right, susie, smile more, etc etc

:thumbsup2

If I stopped for everyone who's taking a picture, I'd never move. TAKE IT, ALREADY, WILLYA??

That's true about everyone taking pictures but one time we were in EPCOT and there was something a bunch of people were surrounding to take pictures. A whole bunch of people were standing behind this (say) sign while their friends/family were standing in front to take the picture. It was very clear that that all these people were trying to take a picture of their respective people when these two girls stepped in front of this sign and their friend stood in front of the people with their cameras out to take their own picture. :sad2:

I know some of these have already been listed but I just wanna vent.
"Wanna hear it, here it go!"
1. Rude adults
2. Loud, obnoxious people when they should NOT be loud
3. Line cutters (blatant ones, not the ones that had to take the little one to the restroom
4. Slow walkers
5. People who stop in the middle of a busy walkway
6. Running over me or bumping into me or my child without even uttering "excuse me".
7. Flash photography during a dark ride or when the CM clearly says NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY
8. People who have a sense of entitlement when it comes to their kids but are rude to other children

I think that's it.:rotfl:

I know some of these have already been listed but I just wanna vent.
"Wanna hear it, here it go!"
1. Rude adults
2. Loud, obnoxious people when they should NOT be loud
3. Line cutters (blatant ones, not the ones that had to take the little one to the restroom
4. Slow walkers
5. People who stop in the middle of a busy walkway
6. Running over me or bumping into me or my child without even uttering "excuse me".
7. Flash photography during a dark ride or when the CM clearly says NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY
8. People who have a sense of entitlement when it comes to their kids but are rude to other children

I think that's it.:rotfl:

Yep, I can pretty much agree with all of these!! The conclusion I've come to is you can't let it get to you or bother you. You just have to realize everyone has different ideas of what is "acceptable" and move on. Otherwise, if your like me, you will continue dwelling on it! So, I choose to just ignore those people while on vacation! :rotfl:

Those who walk in fron of you as you are trying to take a picture!

Yeah, but did you stop in a busy walk way to take a picture? If so, I probably would walk in front of you. The flow of walkers cannot stop because someone decides to stop and take a picture. If I am able to stop or go around, then of course I will because I also try to be curteous, but keep in mind, it's a two way street.

Wow. I can't believe the number of guests who think it's perfectly acceptable to walk in front of others when taking a picture.

I don't think there is any absolute right answer here and there are various circumstances. I agree that sometimes, those taking pictures are being rude, but I don't see it that often. If we are walking along and see someone trying to take a picture, we will gladly halt for two or three seconds. Anymore than that, we're moving on through. And of course, as a picture taker, don't try to take pictures during times of chaos (after a parade, when a show gets outs, etc. when you have volumes of people moving in the same direction and they won't stop). However, if it's just a normal part of the day and you stop to get a picture and leave two or three feet, there is generally plenty of room to walk behind or around rather than THROUGH the picture. Just pay attention to others, be courteous and relax. A little kindness goes a long way IMO and maybe you'll be repaid in kind later that day. I guess my point is that it's not always the other person who's at fault when you look at these issues as so many seem to assume. Does that mean that there are not rude photographers who block busy walkways? Of course not. But I think those are rare and that most are trying to be courteous to those around. I think the poster who first brought this up is referring to those who just walk along without paying any attention to anyone else around them. No different than someone who stops in the middle of a busy walkway.

Sorry for the rant, I guess I just got frustrated by those trying to justify their actions when I don't think there is any one-size-fits-all answer for this. Like everything, just be courteous and everyone will be happier. JMHO

Like everything, just be courteous and everyone will be happier. JMHO

:thumbsup2 I think this so very true and people seem to forget this. Not just at WDW but in everyday life.

However, I don't think anything will make everyone happier.... some people are just content being unhappy. I have a friend like this, we call him "Miserable Chris." What can I do but give him a hug and a smile and tell him I hope he has a magical day!! :goodvibes

I hate it when people get mad at me for having body odor. Its not my fault I am allergic to all deodorants except for Mineral Crystal deodorant but after a day of slugging it out in the parks in the hot Florida sun it does not hold up. I tell people about my problem but they do not seem to care. That is my pet peeve.

Tito

titodis.jpg

airtito.jpg

I hate it when people get mad at me for having body odor. Its not my fault I am allergic to all deodorants except for Mineral Crystal deodorant but after a day of slugging it out in the parks in the hot Florida sun it does not hold up. I tell people about my problem but they do not seem to care. That is my pet peeve.

hmm, not going there....but someone else will....popcorn::

Tito

titodis.jpg

airtito.jpg

Hey bro, have you ever considered seeing a doctor about that? A doctor may be able to help you with that problem.

I have been to many Doctors but the problem is they give me stuff that will work for a while but then it quits. I don't know what to do :confused3 Its a horrible feeling when you sit down on one of the Disney buses and nobody will sit beside you and little kids hold their noses in front of you. It hurts you know.

Tito

michael-jackson-tribute-con.jpg

Tito

titodis.jpg

airtito.jpg

My new pet peeve: really, really, bad photoshop pics. :sad2:

My pet peeve is totally inappropriate PDA (Public Displays of Affection). I'm only in my 30s and not a prude, but sometimes people are ridiculous!

Often it is teenagers in line with their girlfriends/boyfriends, and young love and hormones are surging and the hands are wandering - not appropriate in public.

However, a few years ago while waiting for a table at Le Cellier, DH and I observed another couple, probably in their 40s, engaging in ridiculous PDA. Groping, tongues, hands underneath clothing, etc. Management said something to them, but the didn't stop. They were very drunk, as well - no inhabitions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter