Pet Friendly Rooms

Should Disney Offer Some Pet Friendly Rooms?

• Yes, our pet loves to vacation in style.

• No, I prefer to board our pet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It would be nice to have a small resort that has a kennel building onsite there, perhaps with using your room key to enter your animals kennel, that way people could visit and take care of their own pets...but I have to agree with others I don't think I would want to stay in a room where there had been pets with no manners! and I live with 9 cats. But it would be much more convenient for people who do like to travel with their pets. On a side note, I have often wondered why Disney did not put up a resort near The Wide World of Sports Complex much like dormatories for all of the sports teams that visit (like Pop Warner, the cheerleading and dance groups)

There should be an option for those who are against it in general on this poll.
(I would be fine with one resort that allowed pets in all rooms)

I have stayed in the non-pet building at the RPR and that did not stop some people from having small dogs (2) in their room.
That is far more rude than someone refilling an old mug or parking at the Poly to go to the MK IMO. There are pet buildings use them, some people are alergic.
My guess is they did not want to pay the extra fee to clean the room.

It also did not stop me from hearing barking on occasion that went on for over an hour when I have stayed at the RPR another time.
If you pet is not trained, leave it at home.

And yes my kids can make more noise than pets, but I do not have the option of boarding my kids somewhere well I am in Disney.
To be fair I have lost more night’s sleep due to crying babies in the room next to me than dogs.

I also have read reports of rooms not being properly cleaned after a pet guest has left.
I can see it now,100 of posts about bed bugs and fleas in my room....

As a pet owner who goes to Disney I leave my pet with relatives he is comfortable with, when we go away. Would I love to see him everyday on vacation of course but I don't see how being able to leave my pet in a hotel room while I'm at the park would be any better for my pet. I could see him totally freaking out when I left him in an unknown environment alone. Ideally it would be nice if Disney had a small pet friendly resort with a kennel and would require people to kennel during time not with pet in room. This would prevent pets sitting in rooms crying and barking and allow pet owners who cannot be without their pets to vacation with them. I think it would also be good for business. I'm sure they loose lots of people who will not part with their pets and it keeps pets from being sneaked in to regular resorts (I've read posts about this but never seen it myself). Would I stay in a pet friendly resort? Nope... my pup is better off staying home and not having to go through the stress of travel. Granted hes always a little mad at us when we get back but he gets over it quick.

If anything, I think a single pet friendly resort would be OK (and I would try everything in my power to NOT stay there) but not pet friendly resort sections at all or many resorts would be just silly and annoying to other guests who want a peaceful resort.

I don't want to have to be worrying about stepping in urine or poo while walking around and I'm pretty sure I'd go postal if there was a dog barking (at all) in the room next to me at 1 in the morning.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I am against Pet friendly rooms... in fact I think it's somewhat cruel to go to WDW leave your dog alone from morning to night while you have fun.

What fun can it be for dog to hang out in a hotel room all day? :confused3
We leave ours at home, in comfortable, familiar surroundings, where they are happy.
We have neighbors who we pay to come feed, water, and love on our dogs.
They have access to the outdoors at all times.

I do not want to deal with my pets when I am on vacation,
that's part of what makes it a vacation,
getting away from everyday life ;)
I feel for those who are allergic to pet dander.

so for me it would be a no...

I think it's nice to have the new pet resort available
for those who have nobody to pet sit for them,
but from some of the descriptions I've read
I think, just my opinion, it's a little over the top.
My dogs don't not think they are people and do not watch tv...:rotfl:
unlike my cat, who thinks he is a person,
but he doesn't watch tv either...
all of them would be completely bewildered by the whole pet resort experience... :upsidedow

I didn't vote because I have no pets. I am severly allergic to pet dander (cats, dogs, birds...everything!) Speaking personally, It makes more sense to have one resort pet friendly. I know that even walking through a lobby of a hotel that was pet friendly could bring on an asthma attack and an allergic reaction.

I admire those pet owners who want to bring their pets with them to experience Disney magic...I'd just like them to not be in the hotel I'm at.

The Drury hotels that we stay at in St. Louis a lot do allow pets in the room, but you have to sign a "pet waiver" with all of their rules. They do not allow you to leave the animal in your room for longer than 30 minutes and not allowed to take them in the public areas (the breakfast/snack area, for example). We've NEVER had a problem with hearing dogs barking.

I know people really, really LOVE their dogs. I love my dog too and have always been a dog lover. But I think sometimes dog owners think that their dogs have "human emotions." Yes, your dog wants to be with you. But is it really, really necessary to do all of that? Travel hundreds of miles, keeping them in a brand new place, etc. because you can't bear the thought of leaving the fella at home. Your dog does not share the same types of emotions that you have. I guess I could understand if you don't have a viable plan for your dog to be taken care of if you're gone.

For me, I've toyed around w/ the idea of bringing our little guy with us one day. BUT - it's vacation for me. And I am the one who has primary dog responsibility in our house.

I always felt a great situation would be for Disney to allocate some of the Fort Wilderness Cabin loops as pet friendly. But in order to stay there with your pet you would have to bring it to the Ft. Wilderness Kennel anytime you will not be in the cabin. They can build in the fee for the kennel into the rental of the cabin. If you do go out and leave your pet alone you would be fined.

There is also lots of room there for Disney to put in a doggy play park and there is lots of room to walk your dogs also. Being the cabins are separated if your dog does bark once in a while you really won't disturb too many people.

I travel with my dogs all the time to dog shows and my dogs stay in their softcrates with no problems. No barking no issues. But,my dogs are TRAINED early in their lives for travel. I don't think the average pet owner does this. I don't let my dogs get up on beds and furniture. I wouldn't like to stay in a room where some smelly dog was allowed to sleep on the bed or lounge on the chairs in a hotel room. That's not cool with me. For that reason,I say no dogs in WDW hotel rooms.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Even with my trained show dogs , they have been startled at times and barked. People don't know what their animals do when they leave. You could leave your dog and he/shecould bark non-stop the whole time you're gone. If I was staying anywhere near you that would not making me a happy camper.
Love that new kennel at WDW. Looks better than some of the hotels I have stayed in with my dogs since they are getting harder and harder to find, due to many many iresponsible pet owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter