PCC 4.0 Excursions

The more I think about it, the more I think I may not get off the ship except for Castaway. The only thing I might get off the ship for is a dolphin encounter. I did one on my first cruise several years ago and loved it. The other things don't have much of a lure for me. Tulum takes just too much travel time. I want to RELAX. A book and a drink by the pools sounds perfect to me right now. Maybe a little knitting. A real vacation.

Kim

This is our first Western cruise too and choosing excursions has been confusing.

Thanks Lois and Jess for the heads up about Tropicante! We were completely undecided about Costa Maya- but this sounds like the perfect thing to do! :cool1:

In GC we are planning to take DCLs island tour just to get the lay of the land.

Still undecided about Cozumel, but we have a couple more days to think about it.

I read the descriptions from the shore excursions and I don't think there will be anything good for with my limited mobility. Even the island tours require significant walking. Sounds like I will be enjoying these ports from my balcony.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

I read the descriptions from the shore excursions and I don't think there will be anything good for with my limited mobility. Even the island tours require significant walking. Sounds like I will be enjoying these ports from my balcony.

Carol
There are worse ways to spend a vacation! Sounds like a good time. :thumbsup2

Sayhello

We're not planning on excursions. [Carol's right, they're not very disability-friendly - esp for wheelchair-bound folks, like DS.].

We'll just make a quick trip off ship at Cozumel to go shopping.

Carol

I'll be by the adult pool with a drink with your name on it, Carol.

Kim

We're not planning on excursions. [Carol's right, they're not very disability-friendly - esp for wheelchair-bound folks, like DS.].

We'll just make a quick trip off ship at Cozumel to go shopping.

You too, Jen.

Kim

In 22 cruises - I've never used a cruise ship pool or hot tub, and I doubt I'll start on the Fantasy! I am also not a lounge with a book kind of person. I want to DO things - whether in port or on the ship. I learned on my first Wonder Bahamas cruise that DCL schedules very few adult activities onboard during the day while the ship is in Castaway Cay and Nassau. If I return to the ship early - I now plan to see afternoon movies.

Carol

Carol,
My recollection of Cozumel (from probably 15 years ago) is that the ship docks there and there is a shopping venue right at the dock. That may give you an opportunity to get off the ship.

Thanks everybody. I wasn't complaining (well maybe a little) - just stating what I thought of the shore excursions.

I am quite certain I will have on or off the ship. Looking forward to sharing that Diet Coke with many of you.

Carol

Carol,
My recollection of Cozumel (from probably 15 years ago) is that the ship docks there and there is a shopping venue right at the dock. That may give you an opportunity to get off the ship.

All the docks in Cozumel butt up against fairly extensive shopping options.

All the docks in Cozumel butt up against fairly extensive shopping options.

Thanks for confirming that. I realized after I posted that my last stop at Cozumel had to have been 20 years ago now. I'm sure lots of things have changed.

Thanks for the tip. I do not plan on getting off the ship except on GC for a shore excursion. I will get off the ship to shop in Cozumel and Costa Maya, but I do not think I will do a shore excursion on these islands.

I plan on getting off the ship because I like to explore, and I've never been on a Caribbean cruise before. I did go to Cozumel back in 1987, so I plan to get off there, too.

I'm fluent in Spanish if anyone would like a translator. :teeth:

I'm planning on getting off the ship in Cozumel, because I have this hope that the 3rd time will be the charm! On my very first cruise, I signed up to swim with the Dolphins on Curacao, and ended up getting a corneal abrasion on the plane down to Puerto Rico (so couldn't go in the water). No Dolphins for me! Then, 3 years ago, during another cruise, I planned to swim with the Dolphins on Cozumel. I managed to survive a blood clot, and my doctor would not allow me to swim with the Dolphins since I was on blood thinners. So... I could either think me swimming with Dolphins is cursed, or that the 3rd time will be a charm, and I'll get to swim with the Dolphins on Cozumel!

I don't really have anything planned for Costa Maya. I haven't made up my mind about Grand Cayman yet, but I plan on doing *something*. And I *have* to go to Castaway Cay and see what all the hype is about! :thumbsup2 I've been toying with the idea of parasailing.

Sayhello

We booked our shore excursions today. We booked the Grand Cayman Island Tour for the afternoon and in the morning, we will look to getting off the ship early and going to the local museum. http://www.museum.ky/Content/16.htm

We didn't book anything for Costa Maya - nothing really appealed.

For Cozumel, we booked Mayan Ruins & Discover Mexico Cultural Park. We have seen Tulum on a previous trip. The Discover Mexico Cultural Park has a great review on Tripadvisor.

We booked our shore excursions today. We booked the Grand Cayman Island Tour for the afternoon and in the morning, we will look to getting off the ship early and going to the local museum. http://www.museum.ky/Content/16.htm

We didn't book anything for Costa Maya - nothing really appealed.

For Cozumel, we booked Mayan Ruins & Discover Mexico Cultural Park. We have seen Tulum on a previous trip. The Discover Mexico Cultural Park has a great review on Tripadvisor.

We won't have much of a morning in Grand Cayman, as we are there from 11:30-5:15 (all aboard is at 4:45)! Grand Cayman is a tender port, and when a ship arrives in port that late in the morning - everyone wants off the ship at the same time.

sayhello- good luck with your dolphin excursion!!!! we did the one at the blue lagoon in nassau years back and it was great

I'm thinking about doing this tour, too. I was in Cancún and Cozumel back in 1987, and so have visited Tulum, Chichen Itzá, and a few other places. But, I think I'd enjoy this tour.

[URL="http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/disneyland.htm]
image.php
[/URL]

DH and I signed up for Discover Native Cayman and the Saltwater Forest in Grand Cayman.

It just sounded different from a lot of the excursions. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter