PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I have an offer for Saturday only - 5000 points on ANY purchase in store. Can it can be combined with other offers. Could I use it with my 20x offer? Those you can't combine with any other total store offers, so I think the 5000 points should be okay?
Well that's a great offer! I have one for 5000 if I purchase $25 in Joe Fresh, something I don't think I can do.

Did anyone else have the info card for "Points Days 2020" in their app? Do you have insight on what this has been like in the past?
I saw that on my app also when I clicked the link it’s saying to register but I already have the app. It was quite confusing.
anyone have info what’s going on?
also has date of Jan 23rd?

Just call the store ahead of time instead of driving around. There are only 2 stores in the gta that sold the dyson. I could do it online for the redemtion. But would not get the bonus points that was an instore bonus.so depending on the bonus you might be able to do it online.
Yes, I bought my Dyson with partial point redemption online and got 20X for the non-point portion. This is when 20X points are for both in store and online.

Did anyone else have the info card for "Points Days 2020" in their app? Do you have insight on what this has been like in the past?
Not sure it was called Points Days but there was a weekend last year (early in the year) that they had offers that were along the lines of Blue Friday at Sobeys. It wasn’t all that great though.

Not sure it was called Points Days but there was a weekend last year (early in the year) that they had offers that were along the lines of Blue Friday at Sobeys. It wasn’t all that great though.
So, I won't worry that we aren't around to make any progress with PC points next weekend. :)

So, I won't worry that we aren't around to make any progress with PC points next weekend. :)
I'm not saying that it is sort of like a Blue Friday....I don't actually know what it is. I'm just saying I remember a weekend last year that they had a big points thing.

Newbie to this thread (and PC points), so I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I want to buy a $400 Disney gift card to take with me on our trip to pay for room charges, meals, gifts, etc. If I buy this with my PC Mastercard, will I get PC points for my purchase? Is there any way to get bonus points? I keep reading about 20X points, bonus points, etc.
Thanks,
Tony

Newbie to this thread (and PC points), so I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I want to buy a $400 Disney gift card to take with me on our trip to pay for room charges, meals, gifts, etc. If I buy this with my PC Mastercard, will I get PC points for my purchase? Is there any way to get bonus points? I keep reading about 20X points, bonus points, etc.
Thanks,
Tony
Hi and welcome! Buying a disney gift card is a great way to save on the foreign exchange credit card fees, as well as getting you an extra 1-3% return. I've paid my entire Disney cruise with gift cards!

You cannot get bonus points buying a giftcard, those 20x offers don't work unfortunately. Depending on the type of PC card you have, you will either get 10 pts/20 pts/30 pts per dollar spent on the giftcard if you buy it at Shoppers or another of the PC stores. So on a 400$ giftcard, you'd get 4000/8000/12000 in pts on that giftcard purchase AT PC STORES. (At Shoppers, you just wouldn't get the base 15 pts per dollar spent at Shoppers that could bump you up to 25 pts/35 pts/45 pts per dollar spent - that doesn't apply to giftcards).

Hi and welcome! Buying a disney gift card is a great way to save on the foreign exchange credit card fees, as well as getting you an extra 1-3% return. I've paid my entire Disney cruise with gift cards!

You cannot get bonus points buying a giftcard, those 20x offers don't work unfortunately. Depending on the type of PC card you have, you will either get 10 pts/20 pts/30 pts per dollar spent on the giftcard if you buy it at Shoppers or another of the PC stores. So on a 400$ giftcard, you'd get 4000/8000/12000 in pts on that giftcard purchase AT PC STORES. (At Shoppers, you just wouldn't get the base 15 pts per dollar spent at Shoppers that could bump you up to 25 pts/35 pts/45 pts per dollar spent - that doesn't apply to giftcards).

wow, a whole cruise!? that’s awesome!

Hmmm, your post has me thinking. Do you feel you saved more $ not paying the foreign exchange credit card fees than you would have by putting the trip on your CC? I have a PC World Elite and know that when I pay for our trips using that card we earn a substantial amount in PC Points which I in turn use to 'purchase' Disney gift cards to use on our trip.

Just trying to figure out what the better savings is. Has anyone run the numbers?

Also, how do find out how many points per dollar I would earn purchasing Disney gift cards at Shoppers using my PC World Elite?

Hmmm, your post has me thinking. Do you feel you saved more $ not paying the foreign exchange credit card fees than you would have by putting the trip on your CC? I have a PC World Elite and know that when I pay for our trips using that card we earn a substantial amount in PC Points which I in turn use to 'purchase' Disney gift cards to use on our trip.

Just trying to figure out what the better savings is. Has anyone run the numbers?

Also, how do find out how many points per dollar I would earn purchasing Disney gift cards at Shoppers using my PC World Elite?

In my experience, buying and paying off your trip with Disney Gift Cards is the best way to save money on the 2.5% foreign exchange fee. Plus, you get pretty much the exact exchange rate of the day from Disney where as the credit card may give you a bit worse.

So, on a $10,000 CDN vacation to Disney, the FX fee alone costs you $250 plus a slightly weaker exchange rate. Now your credid card may give you some cash back/points but usually you will at best break even.

For us, we get 4% cash back when using our Visa card at grocery stores. So, on $10,000 trip we get $400 cash back and avoid the $250 in FX fees. This is a $650 swing in costs.

Just looked at my offers and flyer offers for Points Days on the app and some are really good. Interesting that many offers contained a warning that they couldn’t be combined with the 20X.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!