PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I got the milk offer again as well. We need milk so I'm happy.

The APP shows tomorrow I can get 20X on $50+ at Shoppers. However, when I check-out the flyers on Smart Cancuk, there is NO flyer with July 12th's date on it. The current one says it ends today. The new one says it starts on the 13th. :scratchin That's annoying! I thought I might go since we need a few basic items but I can't get an idea of how much items will cost.

The APP shows tomorrow I can get 20X on $50+ at Shoppers. However, when I check-out the flyers on Smart Cancuk, there is NO flyer with July 12th's date on it. The current one says it ends today. The new one says it starts on the 13th. :scratchin That's annoying! I thought I might go since we need a few basic items but I can't get an idea of how much items will cost.
I was excited this morning when I received a 15x for spending just $30....but only until I realized it was only good tomorrow (Friday) and Shoppers does not have flyers on Fridays. :(

URGH! Back to only have 6 offers, plus the stupid threshold spend that I'll NEVER make, come on -- I've never spent over $40 at Shoppers and they want me to spend $80, what gives???

Have you checked your receipt? Generally at the bottom it will have a confirmation that it’s been activated. I haven’t had any problems with the cards I’ve purchased through the self checkout. They’ve always worked. The shoppers self checkout won’t even let me purchase the card - it gives you an error saying you have to take it to the till. I can’t imagine e it would let you go through the whole purchase process and payment and then not actually work.
. She said that gc’s Cannot be activated/cashed out at self check-outs.

I know that at Safeway they have signs at the self checkout stating that all gift cards can't be purchased there and need a cashier, so I'm assuming walmart and Shoppers would be similar with others stating that as well. I have always just taken my gift card purchases to a cashier that way if there is any trouble with the card, I have the receipt to prove I had paid for it when it was scanned through a cashier. I had a Visa GC I bought for the daughter one time not work. I had purchased it from Safeway at a cashier, and it was a pain in the butt to get rectified.

This might be a loop hole at Superstore and their self checkout.

Can you please remind me what the milk offer is? I'm trying to decide if it's worth going out of my way to purchase milk at Shoppers for a few weeks in hopes of getting the offer.
The milk offer is 20X's the points. I usually get about $1.25 or so on this offer if I only buy one bag. Buy more, get more.

I have the flyer in front of me. They have a 20 Xs offer for $50 shop Saturday with get an extra 5000 if you use your optimum Mastercard. That's a win for me. They have their usual 1 day sale items, crackers cookeis that sort of thing so I would not bother with your shop till Saturday if you can help it.
Also, with the milk offer, I usually buy that through the week as you only get the 20xs offer on one of the deals and not both if you buy the milk with your $50 shop.

I checked my offers and I have 16 different ones. One is get 10,000 points at shoppers when you spend $50 or more, and I also got that same offer for Superstore.

Then a 2000 point one for esso gas on min of $20 on fuel.

With the grocery item offers does it matter if I purchase them at Shoppers or at Superstore? and do those offers work as part of the spend $50 or more for the 10,000 points?

sorry for all the questions... just trying to maximize my points to cash in before we leave in a few weeks.

I checked my offers and I have 16 different ones. One is get 10,000 points at shoppers when you spend $50 or more, and I also got that same offer for Superstore.

Then a 2000 point one for esso gas on min of $20 on fuel.

With the grocery item offers does it matter if I purchase them at Shoppers or at Superstore? and do those offers work as part of the spend $50 or more for the 10,000 points?

sorry for all the questions... just trying to maximize my points to cash in before we leave in a few weeks.
I don't know a bunch about this programme BUT I can answer a couple of them! If you open the offers you will see some of the terms ..the threshold offers often have this wording on them .. only good at a specific store
416450The product offers say they are good at any of the stores:416451

SO ... yes product offers are good everywhere

ETA -- based on answer below I guess combining offers is a YMMV type of thing?

Last edited:
One is get 10,000 points at shoppers when you spend $50 or more, and I also got that same offer for Superstore.

I don't know a bunch about this programme BUT I can answer a couple of them! If you open the offers you will see some of the terms ..the threshold offers often have this wording on them .. can't be combined & only good at a specific store
View attachment 416450The product offers say they are good at any of the stores:View attachment 416451

SO ... yes product offers are good everywhere but
NO they won''t combine with threshold spends.
They do combine with the 20X's bonus at Shoppers so not sure if that is just written to protect themselves or if there is something else going on. When I get offers from Loblaws as a special and I have an offer for that product they both combine as well. The Shoppers offer is specific to Shoppers but you should be able to add your targeted offers to your spend offer there.
This could be a YMMV situation but I think they would stack.

They do combine with the 20X's bonus at Shoppers so not sure if that is just written to protect themselves or if there is something else going on. When I get offers from Loblaws as a special and I have an offer for that product they both combine as well. The Shoppers offer is specific to Shoppers but you should be able to add your targeted offers to your spend offer there.
This could be a YMMV situation but I think they would stack.
I did say I have trouble with this whole programme (and they keep messing up my offers providing me with no incentive to LEARN it :rolleyes1 ) .. so removed the concrete-ish answer about the combining. I rarely meet any of the thresholds so I really have zero idea!

I did say I have trouble with this whole programme (and they keep messing up my offers providing me with no incentive to LEARN it :rolleyes1 ) .. so removed the concrete-ish answer about the combining. I rarely meet any of the thresholds so I really have zero idea!
I can't understand why the rest of us get so many offers and you get so few. Own up, how did you piss them off?? Lol.

Oh perhaps it's this ......and they're punishing me for not being loyal :rotfl2:
View attachment 416497
I know when I hadn't shopped at either Shoppers or Superstore for awhile my offers were almost nil but as soon I started shopping there periodically then I got lots of offers. I have 4 that I keep getting that I keep pushing to the next week until I need them or they are on sale. I had an offer for Red Rose tea that I actually used at the shoppers in Haliburton On but it still showed up on my offers so I immediately pushed it to the next week.
So I guess they do punish us for not be loyal to them.

I at a minimum have 12-16 every week. But have never got the milk deal. I have my own milk deal. Kawartha Dairy has a store in Newmarket. By one tub of Ice Cream ($6) get the milk for $2.50. Cant beat that deal. And the ice cream is great. Keeps us coming back.

No Frills has a good deal on Excel Multipack (4) gum....$2.97 per pack plus 2,000 PC points. Only good for Friday and Saturday.

No Frills has a good deal on Excel Multipack (4) gum....$2.97 per pack plus 2,000 PC points. Only good for Friday and Saturday.
It actually got extended to Sunday due a system glitch on PC Optimum side. Cashiers had to manually award points today.

Just finished my shop. Spent 50.78 and received 21400 points. Add to that the 5000 points for using my PC MC and my return is over 50%. I like! I don't often use the PC MC but its so good for days like today.
I sent off a missing points for an additional 800 points for a cookie offer that didn't go through as well.
Good hunting everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter