PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

If it were me...I would be doing separate transactions. You can't redeem points plus get your bonus 20X the points - even if your purchase is more than you redeem.

If it was me, I would be going through a cashier checkout with my regular purchase to get your 20X the points. I would go take my items out to the vehicle. Go back into the store and get a giftcard - go to self serve checkout and use your points to then purchase the gift card.

Edited to say that there is a loophole at the self checkout that will let you use your points to purchase giftcards. Someone had mentioned this on earlier pages. It might be an extra 5 minutes of time, but I wouldn't chance NOT getting the 20X the points with your purchase. I would do the separate transactions to save myself the headache of having to do a missing points claim only to find out that they don't give the bonus points when you redeem points in a transaction.

Oh! I did not know about the self-checkout loophole. Now to find a shoppers that has self-checkout kiosks AND Disney gift cards...that might be tricky

Does anybody know how this works? Today I have the "spend $50 get 20x the points" deal. I also have over $50 worth of points that I am hoping to use to buy a Disney gift card (if I can find one) using the trick where you buy $50 worth of stuff and a $50 gift card at the same time. Can I do both these things at the same time? Would I be able to buy $50 worth of stuff, a $50 gift card, redeem 50,000 points AND still get 20x the points on the stuff I bought? Or would redeeming my points make my 20x offer not work?
I don't believe you can combine the two offers however please come back and let us know how you make out. Things are always changing so who knows....

I thought I had read that you couldn't purchase gift cards at self check outs? Hmmmm.

I thought I had read that you couldn't purchase gift cards at self check outs? Hmmmm.

I thought so as well. I know at the Safeway there is a sign at self checkout stating that. So i just assumed it would be the same way everywhere. I will still go to a cashier to get my gift cards. But that's not me. I rarely use self checkout as the store doesn't give me a discount to use the self scanning checkouts - so why would I scan and bag my own purchase when they are paying cashiers to make sure that everything is scanned and put correctly into their systems. Again...that's just me :o

I don't believe you can combine the two offers however please come back and let us know how you make out. Things are always changing so who knows....

I want to purchase a couple extra gift cards before we go I will try the self check out with one and see if it works or not. If not worst case I will have to got the customer service desk to get them to fix it. I will try to get there Sunday to do it.

If it were me...I would be doing separate transactions. You can't redeem points plus get your bonus 20X the points - even if your purchase is more than you redeem.

If it was me, I would be going through a cashier checkout with my regular purchase to get your 20X the points. I would go take my items out to the vehicle. Go back into the store and get a giftcard - go to self serve checkout and use your points to then purchase the gift card.

Edited to say that there is a loophole at the self checkout that will let you use your points to purchase giftcards. Someone had mentioned this on earlier pages. It might be an extra 5 minutes of time, but I wouldn't chance NOT getting the 20X the points with your purchase. I would do the separate transactions to save myself the headache of having to do a missing points claim only to find out that they don't give the bonus points when you redeem points in a transaction.

Thanks for the heads-up. Great to know you can use points on self-checkout to get gift cards!

You can't purchase gift cards at the Shoppers self-checkouts. It's only worked for me at Superstore. You have to go through a cashier at Shoppers, and the cashier likely won't let you redeem directly for the gift card :(

Thank you for the correction!!!!!!!!!!! I"m sorry for giving the wrong information. I guess next time I should go back and read first :eek: :rolleyes1 lol

You can't purchase gift cards at the Shoppers self-checkouts. It's only worked for me at Superstore. You have to go through a cashier at Shoppers, and the cashier likely won't let you redeem directly for the gift card :(

Oh! I did not know about the self-checkout loophole. Now to find a shoppers that has self-checkout kiosks AND Disney gift cards...that might be tricky
I want to purchase a couple extra gift cards before we go I will try the self check out with one and see if it works or not. If not worst case I will have to got the customer service desk to get them to fix it. I will try to get there Sunday to do it.
Thanks for the heads-up. Great to know you can use points on self-checkout to get gift cards!

I gave the wrong information...it was Superstore where the loophole is...NOT Shopper's :o :crazy2: o_O

Thank you for the correction!!!!!!!!!!! I"m sorry for giving the wrong information. I guess next time I should go back and read first :eek: :rolleyes1 lol
I gave the wrong information...it was Superstore where the loophole is...NOT Shopper's :o :crazy2: o_O

Me ALL.THE.TIME! I can trip over my own feet because I'm 5 steps ahead of myself and the same happens when I'm talking/typing. I do my best to wait before i hit the "reply/send/respond" button and re-read but I get caught far too often !

Me ALL.THE.TIME! I can trip over my own feet because I'm 5 steps ahead of myself and the same happens when I'm talking/typing. I do my best to wait before i hit the "reply/send/respond" button and re-read but I get caught far too often !
I seldom question your information. Your amazing!

I just read that there is a PC Optimum flash offer of 15,000 PC points for combined total spend of $100 on select gift cards at Zehrs/Independent Grocers/Loblaws - Toys R Us, Keg, Wayspa, Winners, Marshall’s, Spotify, Home Sense, Uber. Look for signage in store to make sure the offer is valid there. I’m going to drop by after I get home from work to pick up a few TRU ones for upcoming bday gifts.

I just read that there is a PC Optimum flash offer of 15,000 PC points for combined total spend of $100 on select gift cards at Zehrs/Independent Grocers/Loblaws - Toys R Us, Keg, Wayspa, Winners, Marshall’s, Spotify, Home Sense, Uber. Look for signage in store to make sure the offer is valid there. I’m going to drop by after I get home from work to pick up a few TRU ones for upcoming bday gifts.
Do you think this is an offer at shoppers? That is the only close stop I can make between jobs today lol

The offer was exclusive to Loblaws and only on the 16 and 17.

Participating gift cards include: The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, Toys“R”Us, Winners, HomeSense, Marshalls, Uber, Spotify, and/or WaySpa

I have a get 8,000 points when you spend $30 today.

The flyer shows colgate mouthwash with 2,000 points attached. If that is part of my $30 spend, will I get both? I'm always confused with Shoppers. I know two WUS offers won't stack, but what about these type of points attached to products in their flyer?

I have a get 8,000 points when you spend $30 today.

The flyer shows colgate mouthwash with 2,000 points attached. If that is part of my $30 spend, will I get both? I'm always confused with Shoppers. I know two WUS offers won't stack, but what about these type of points attached to products in their flyer?

just pointing out too: this offer is 8000 points for every 30$, which is different wording than usual. you should be able to get 16000 for 60$ and so on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter