pbh redecoration

The sofa beds in the suites would not have been removed. They sure look like new ones to me. From what I heard, everything was replaced and is brand new.

Interestingly, the description of the deluxe rooms still mentions the sofa beds.

Deluxe Room
These elegantly appointed accommodations offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. Deluxe rooms are available with a King or two double Queen beds, most rooms with two double queen beds have a pull-out sofa. In addition to the extra comfort you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens, or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.

Just for grins, I went and read through about a bazillion reviews on TripAdvisor dot com. Wow, there was quite a string of negative reviews, and most seemed to be centered around either the need for a refurbishment, or the inconveniences associated with an ongoing refurbishment!

Reviews over the last couple of weeks all seemed to be more positive. One room tip I'll take to heart is to request a room assignment not in the "pet friendly" section. Still a few complaints about barking dogs during the night while the occupants are out and about.

Hope they have a single king bed room available when we check in. Woohoo, only 30 more days before vacation, and only three more weeks of 12-1/2 hour night shifts to go......

we are going in august and was a bit worried about the refurb negatives on tripadvisor so great to know there finished, can twait:cool1:
thanks for replies

I'm staying @ PBH this week and I still see work going to both the exterior and some rooms in the west wing (ground floor rooms behind the boat dock). Some rooms have furniture removed or piled in the center covered by drop cloths and several had their patio doors removed and covered with plastic temporarily.

On the other hand, double-queen deluxe room assigned to me in the villa wing is newly refurbished - beds are incredibly comfortable - but there is no sleeper sofa. I can tell that the doors to my balcony used to be french doors, but now the entrance to the balcony is by a single sliding door. There's no work going on in the villa wing with the possible exception of the ground floor area near the spa.

So perhaps the work is being done in phases and the West wing is the last to be tackled?:confused3

noted on tripadvisor from last week that there was still negatives as work going on so looks like not quite there yet, hopefully all done b y august

I'm staying @ PBH this week and I still see work going to both the exterior and some rooms in the west wing (ground floor rooms behind the boat dock). Some rooms have furniture removed or piled in the center covered by drop cloths and several had their patio doors removed and covered with plastic temporarily.

On the other hand, double-queen deluxe room assigned to me in the villa wing is newly refurbished - beds are incredibly comfortable - but there is no sleeper sofa. I can tell that the doors to my balcony used to be french doors, but now the entrance to the balcony is by a single sliding door. There's no work going on in the villa wing with the possible exception of the ground floor area near the spa.

So perhaps the work is being done in phases and the West wing is the last to be tackled?:confused3

Staying in a deluxe queen, villa pool view room next week. Are there still exterior renovations going on in that area?

WOW! Those rooms look so serene and absolutely beautiful! I love the colors~ they are so relaxing!

From looking at pictures, I never wanted to stay there before, because I did not like the look in the rooms, but now.... for sure I would love it!

"Staying in a deluxe queen, villa pool view room next week. Are there still exterior renovations going on in that area?"

I stayed @ PBH last week. I had a beach pool view room in the Villa wing and there was no refurbishment in sight or ear-shot on that side of the Villa wing. However there was some drop cloths, materials and aerial lifting trucks visible from the Villa side. I think they might have been doing the actual work on other parts of the resort, but you could see the work from the Villa side.

"Staying in a deluxe queen, villa pool view room next week. Are there still exterior renovations going on in that area?"

I stayed @ PBH last week. I had a beach pool view room in the Villa wing and there was no refurbishment in sight or ear-shot on that side of the Villa wing. However there was some drop cloths, materials and aerial lifting trucks visible from the Villa side. I think they might have been doing the actual work on other parts of the resort, but you could see the work from the Villa side.

Thank you! I think I may switch to a beach pool view just to be safe..

back from PBH and unfortunately they had not finished painting the outside of the hotel harbour area which some what spoiled the ambience of the hotel harbour, the thirsty fish was half painted with the scaffold taken down and moved to the front of the hotel which made the bar area very scruffy, the bar sign post was covered in plastic, the front of the hotel and seating area was taped off as were the windows, very disappointing considering the amount of time we saved to go here, apart from that hotel is very nice staff very friendly amenities very good if not a little pricey, the boat ride to and from hotel were very relaxing and a nice way to travel

Also just back from a week at PBH - fabulous stay!! I think this is my 6th stay at PBH (after many stays at RPR and HRH) and I fall in love with it more each time. Soooo quiet!!
We had a portofino parlor suite bay view right next to the boat dock - fabulous location. I LOVED the new decor and the colors and fabrics!! - the parlor was very spacious and YES! the sofa bed was brand new - and not one of the old ones with the metal bars, but the new bar-less ones like DVC at Disney put in:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 - very comfy!! Housekeeping was wonderful and every staff member we interacted with everywhere in the resort (front desk, concierge, store, restaurants, pool) was so friendly, helpful and gracious! Kudos to Loews!!- we'll be back soon!:goodvibes

We had such a relaxing week at Universal and PBH compared to our WDW portion of the trip - easy and fast boat transportation - some awesome new rides that we loved - took advantage of the 8 AM early entry and we were done all we wanted to do and back at the pool by 2 every day. Next family trip the kids and grands all want to meet at PBH instead of Disney:faint:. I like doing the more hectic WDW part first and then truly relaxing at USF/PBH - can't wait to see what they do with the new Harry Potter addition to USF!!

Ooooo I am glad you shared! I am so excited about our upcoming, first time on site stay at PBR! 9 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!