Paying for an extra night to keep the room until 5 pm at Dockside

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Our flight leaves later at night and I would like to keep the room for as long as possible. We have a great AP rate so it's not that much to pay, Will the hotel give me a hard time if we leave at 5pm instead of staying until the next day. Do they have online check out that I could check out at 12.01 am the next day.

Thanks

Our flight leaves later at night and I would like to keep the room for as long as possible. We have a great AP rate so it's not that much to pay, Will the hotel give me a hard time if we leave at 5pm instead of staying until the next day. Do they have online check out that I could check out at 12.01 am the next day.

Thanks
When I check out, I just check out via text. They set you up with the text feature when you check in. They honestly would never know if you left the night before.

Last fall I had a similar situation with cabana bay and they priced out some options for me so that I could stay a few hours later than official check out without paying a full night. I think it ended up making sense to pay a full night and we left early without issue. But it's worth asking about.

Will the hotel give me a hard time if we leave at 5pm instead of staying until the next day.
Not at all! Just stop by Reception/Concierge to let them know you have to leave early and to close your account so no additional room charges can be made.

They have your money. Why would they care if you leave early?

When I check out, I just check out via text.
Actually that may not work if they're leaving before their actual check out date. The system might get "confused" and not let it happen. You might have to go in person.

They have your money. Why would they care if you leave early?

Actually that may not work if they're leaving before their actual check out date. The system might get "confused" and not let it happen. You might have to go in person.
I meant texting them on the original departure morning. Leave early then text next day that you’re checking out… or just go in person and check out early at desk.

Do you even technically have to check out? I don't remember the last time I did anything but leave the room on checkout day. Is Universal different? I know for sure at Disney you don't have to do anything and all the regular hotels on a variety of levels we just leave. - My daughter had been doing travel sports for the last few yrs so we've stayed at more hotels than typical and we never do anything to checkout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter