Passports and hair color

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Does anyone know the rules regarding passports and hair color? I just dyed mine and didn’t even think of that!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Best,

BH5

Only rules on passport photos I know of are:
1) The background has to be absolutely blank.
2) You can't wear glasses.

Yeah or weight I hate my passport picture I’m 60 pounds heavier.

My kids had theirs for years when young you know how fast they change looks.

Considering that my hair in my passport picture is purple and the actual color ranges across the rainbow depending on my mood and I’ve never had trouble traveling anywhere in the world, I’m gonna say you’ll be fine. 😂

The new passport photos are black and white, so I am sure they won't pay any attention. My last couple cruises they barely look if at all anyway.

The photo is more useful to see specifics like the distance between your eyes, the look of your nose, things like that. No worries your hair changed colors. People do it all the time for fun or medical reasons (or both).

Hmn, wonder what they do about face tattoos that are not on the original photo? Or those horns/bumps people implant into their heads?
Ohh I have a good one..plastic surgery? Like what did Jennifer Gray do with her passport? And that designer??? Kinda looks like her face is swollen? I wonder if they get refused or show a second ID?

The only time I had an issue with my hair changing was when I got a fringe (bangs) and the e-gates didn’t recognise me as they couldn’t see my eyebrows. With seeing someone at the booth it wasn’t an issue. I think both of my last passports I’ve had brown hair but I’m currently blonde and have also done red, pink and dark purple. Hair colour doesn’t matter.

Hi all,

Does anyone know the rules regarding passports and hair color? I just dyed mine and didn’t even think of that!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Best,

BH5
My wife change their hair color like the rainbow one time it’s going to be pink, another time purple another time blue. Never had any issues at any passport services here, Europe, Japan, etc..

The new passport photos are black and white, so I am sure they won't pay any attention. My last couple cruises they barely look if at all anyway.

We just had new passport photos taken last weekend and they are not black and white.

When did this start? I recently renewed my passport and it isn't black and white.

Thank you all!

I had a mild panic attack after dying my hair! If that is the only worrisome thing about finally dying it after years of not then im fine!

Also I have to second another poster's comment when did the passports go black and white? I got both the passport and my license renewed and my passport is in color

The new passport photos are black and white

We just had new passport photos taken last weekend and they are not black and white.

When did this start?

when did the passports go black and white?
I think about a year ago they started issuing "next generation" passports that are black+white, laser engraved, heavier paper for the data page (the page with name, photo, date of birth). Possible only some US passport offices are issuing the next-gen passports at this point; it was supposed to fully roll-out to all locations by end of 2022 but government timelines never seem to stick for that stuff.

The modern ones use kind of black and white photo reprints anyway. I think I had the hair color in my passport for a month LOL.

My passport pic has me with my dark hair and i am blond now. Never had a problem with traveling with it.

Here are the photos from my brand new passport - I wouldn’t say the top photo is black and white, per se, but you also can’t tell what my hair color is (red).

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter