Passporter book: What did you learn that you didn't know by

divinedst

Earning My Ears
What are things you learned that you didn't know until you read the passporter? Was it really worth the purchase?

Well, I hadn't found this boad when I got my first DCL passporter. For me, it is a reference book where I don't have to cut & paste ideas into a word doc or submit to a thread and then find the post I wanted to read again.

I like the reviews they provide of the restaurants and the ship itself, and it's great for me as a first time cruiser. They lay out tables for your budget and how to plan, etc.

if you are a seasoned cruiser, you may not find anything new in the book...I can't say for sure, but I know others will help me out here.

check the library for an older copy and then you can decide if you want to get your own.

Well...I don't have the 'full' Passporter book, just the tips book that is an online download. It is full of lots of reader tips collected the past few years.

This may be my second cruise, but I found it very informative about packing light, ways to save money, things to do on the cruise (I hadn't thought about before).

I think the DIS board has a lot of the same info, I just didn't know about the DIS board before I ordered the book. But it is a nice little reference.

To me the book and these boards are complementary. What I like about having the Passporter book is that I can see at a glance some information that would take me a while to look up here... the info for each port of call and the DCL excursions and their ratings all in one place comes to mind. As a PP stated, there is a budgeting area, and some "how to proceed with planning a cruise from start to finish" kind of information. It has a nice website index in the back for further info on lots of things. It's something I can take with me to peruse while waiting somewhere, or curl up and browse, or pack for onboard when I need a quick reference. Also as you are browsing through, you will get a lot of the basic information that's on the DIS, and it gives you a jumping off point for what you would like clarified here on the boards. :)

Just received my 10th Anniversary Edition and naturally has more information and updated since my fourth edition. It is worth it's weight in gold and contains so much information. It's the DCL bible. :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter