Passport Question

kacale

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am going to WDW on March 29th. How long do I need to have left on my passport under the visa waiver programme? Is it 90 days or 6 months?

Thanks

Karen

I always thought you needed 6 months left :confused3

I think we have had this question before - i always thought it was 6months but i think thats for trips to europe and asia etc. I think that USA is only 90 days (as thats how long the Visa waiver lasts for?) but im not sure on that!

It also depends on the airline.
many airlines who gfly to the USA insist on 6 months and will turn you away at the check in desk if you don't have it regardless of the regulations in force at US Customs.

Don't take the risk

kacale said:
Hi,

I am going to WDW on March 29th. How long do I need to have left on my passport under the visa waiver programme? Is it 90 days or 6 months?

Thanks

Karen

The US Authorities do not require any validity left on your passport after your exit from the US for UK passport holders. Normally, you would require 90 days validity on entry to the US; this is the maximum visit length allowed under VWP. If you have less than 90 days validity on entry then your exit date will be the same as your passport expiry date.

However some airlines - including, until recently, Virgin - require you to have 6 months validity after your return. They are the carriers and if this is one of their T&Cs for travel then you have no option but to comply.

(note for Virgin pax: It is only recently that VA have relented on the six month rule. If you are travelling with VA and will have less than 6 months validity on return, I would strongly suggest going to their website (www.vs.aero) and drilling down and printing the details about required validity. This will prevent any improperly updated check-in staff member refusing you travel)

Obi Wan Kenobi said:
It also depends on the airline.
many airlines who gfly to the USA insist on 6 months and will turn you away at the check in desk if you don't have it regardless of the regulations in force at US Customs.

Don't take the risk

Like Obi said - its not worth the risk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter