Passholder Events

jdtopgun71

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Passholder Events ever open back up for registration after they've announced they are full? My DW and I were about 2 hours too late for an event at Typhoon Lagoon in May and we keep checking but still showing full.

1 million DISers and not a single response in 4 days. Feeling the love! hehe!
I haven't been a Passholder in many years, so I'm sorry I can't help you, and I can only guess either there aren't a lot of other AP'ers here in this topic, or maybe no one has ever been to an AP event? Or maybe they just don't know the answer, and don't want to hazard a guess? Maybe you might be better off posting this in another topic other than the Podcast section? There might be a million DIS'ers, as you say, but I'm quite sure they ALL don't read ALL the topics?

Again - sorry I can't help you, but you seemed to be snarkng for a response, so now you get A RESPONSE.

Last edited:
I haven't been a Passholder in many years, so I'm sorry I can't help you, and I can only guess either there aren't a lot of other AP'ers here in this topic, or maybe no one has ever been to an AP event? Or maybe they just don't know the answer, and don't want to hazard a guess? Maybe you might be better off posting this in another topic other than the Podcast section? There might be a million DIS'ers, as you say, but I'm quite sure they ALL don't read ALL the topics?

Again - sorry I can't help you, but you seemed to be snarkng for a response, so now you get A RESPONSE.

Not snarking for a response at all, that was the "hehe" part that was lost on you. Just wanted to bump to the top. Have a magical day! hehe!

Yeah, some things get lost too easy in print. I missed the joking part, too.

I am an AP-holder, but don't even know what events you speak of. Hoping to learn more about AP Events.

Yeah, some things get lost too easy in print. I missed the joking part, too.

I am an AP-holder, but don't even know what events you speak of. Hoping to learn more about AP Events.

I am not too familiar with the process either, but they have special events at the parks for AP-holders on occasion and they apparently fill up rather quick. Was just wondering if they ever open them back up if people cancel? I have been checking and it still says event is full.

Is there an extra fee for these events?
If not, then I doubt hardly anybody will cancel, even when they discover they can't make it.
If so, then I would check back around the refund deadline, as that's when most will cancel.

Hope we find someone with experience at this?

They have never opened back up after registration fills. Like others mentioned, since the events are free few if any bother to cancel. We have attended both MK events in August and March, and are also registered for the Typhoon Lagoon event. They’re fun, but nothing special IMO. This one is a nice extra, since our Gold pass doesn’t include water park admission normally.

1 million DISers and not a single response in 4 days. Feeling the love! hehe!
Since you didn't a lot of responses (though you did get some), I would suggest you post this question (if you haven't already) to the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Forum. I'm a Passholder for now, but I don't have any experience in these events, but there are a lot of folks on TPAS that probably have gone to these. I get the sense that they do "sell out" very quickly.

I have an add on question.

Does Disney stagger or tier their email blasts based on those most likely to attend?

For example, I got one email for some Purple Potion event but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard about other events and not gotten email invitations.

So, does Disney send like 10,000 emails to locals first, then another 10,000 emails if space remains, and so on until they finally fill the event?
Meaning, non-USA Passholders may never get an invitation at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!