Passenger counts this week?

As if pricing wasn’t enough incentive, this makes me want to cruise while kids are in school.
Yeah, I was on the Fantasy on the June 11 sailing and I missed cruising when kids are in school! It felt so much busier (but not as busy as the one time I did a spring break cruise.)

Glad to actually see numbers higher for summer. This is expected. Reminds me why I don’t sail during summer. I have 3 cruises booked for fall. Hoping for a lower count. Though one of my cruises is during Jersey week (second of my b2b). 🙄

Glad to actually see numbers higher for summer. This is expected. Reminds me why I don’t sail during summer. I have 3 cruises booked for fall. Hoping for a lower count. Though one of my cruises is during Jersey week (second of my b2b). 🙄

If the economy keeps going as it is there they won't be able to easily maintain higher numbers, especially on 5 ships.

Are DCL cruises supposed to be running at full capacity if there is enough demand for them?

LAX

Are DCL cruises supposed to be running at full capacity if there is enough demand for them?

LAX
It seems they still have some rooms blocked off for quarantine. So if not at full capacity, close to it. My guess is somewhere in the 90% range should be a "full" ship at this point.

Keep in mind that there are different ways to determine "full capacity" -- # of staterooms booked vs # of passengers, also maximums allowed by age group (0-2, 3-12, 11-14, 15-17). A "full" ship may not have any rooms available but doesn't have the max number of passengers it could potentially hold, which was not uncommon pre-covid.

It seems they still have some rooms blocked off for quarantine. So if not at full capacity, close to it. My guess is somewhere in the 90% range should be a "full" ship at this point.

Keep in mind that there are different ways to determine "full capacity" -- # of staterooms booked vs # of passengers, also maximums allowed by age group (0-2, 3-12, 11-14, 15-17). A "full" ship may not have any rooms available but doesn't have the max number of passengers it could potentially hold, which was not uncommon pre-covid.
I was also told by a crew member I know, that apart from staterooms for quarantine also the number of crew available is taken into account. They have trouble recruiting people and for example if they don't have enough youth counselors they will put a stop at a certain number of kids cause they can't provide with enough activities, since they don't have enough servers they cant fill all the tables at full capacity etc.

I was also told by a crew member I know, that apart from staterooms for quarantine also the number of crew available is taken into account. They have trouble recruiting people and for example if they don't have enough youth counselors they will put a stop at a certain number of kids cause they can't provide with enough activities, since they don't have enough servers they cant fill all the tables at full capacity etc.
And like most industries they need to plan in sick leaves. I am sure crew are also testing positive and that means a week one less person at least. I’m at the train station and there was just an announcement that one train is now canceled last minute because of lack of staff. That has never happened in the past.

1618 for the 9n Greek sailing that ended Monday and only 200 minus 18s were part of that! It was such a quiet cruise
I would bet the odds of getting an upgrade at port would be higher in such a low passenger count.
I'm hoping the northern Europe sailings are this low.

I was trying see if demand for DCL is soft based on the reported numbers here. If these numbers were due to capacity restriction, then demand is still pretty strong.

LAX

And like most industries they need to plan in sick leaves. I am sure crew are also testing positive and that means a week one less person at least. I’m at the train station and there was just an announcement that one train is now canceled last minute because of lack of staff. That has never happened in the past.
its the difficulty of finding staff that wants to come work for them, not the fact they don't want to hire I guess

I would bet the odds of getting an upgrade at port would be higher in such a low passenger count.
I'm hoping the northern Europe sailings are this low.
I didn't pay attention. The whole prenetics testing and waiting for results and delays was such a mess that I was just happy to complete my check-in and get on the ship asap and start my vacation

I was trying see if demand for DCL is soft based on the reported numbers here. If these numbers were due to capacity restriction, then demand is still pretty strong.

LAX
I would say demand is pretty strong, especially for the Fantasy based on some reports of ~3500 and I believe the Dream is close to that as well. They are allowed to run full capacity, however since some rooms have been taken out of service for quarantine and maybe some for spreading out crew, there are fewer staterooms available to sell.

I would say demand is pretty strong, especially for the Fantasy based on some reports of ~3500 and I believe the Dream is close to that as well. They are allowed to run full capacity, however since some rooms have been taken out of service for quarantine and maybe some for spreading out crew, there are fewer staterooms available to sell.

Need to really watch demand come Jan and most of next year. I know so many that aren't sure what travel plans they will do in 2023 and have already said it might be be light year for travel and not making any plans anytime soon. Even some this fall might start to feel it as people pull back.

Need to really watch demand come Jan and most of next year. I know so many that aren't sure what travel plans they will do in 2023 and have already said it might be be light year for travel and not making any plans anytime soon. Even some this fall might start to feel it as people pull back.
There's a very high probability will be a recession by next year. I think that's optimistic. It will probably be worse. I'm not making plans. I would expect prices to drop, but if fuel and food costs are still high I'm not sure how that works. Cruise lines are struggling their stocks are sinking like rocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter