Party for the Senses - October 6th, 2007 - Welcome!

We're just going to Epcot for PFTS and Illuminations that night, so we're planning on being comfortably dressed up :)

I'm not sure what I am wearing yet. I have a dress that's kind of dressy that I really like, but I'm still struggling with the shoe issue. :confused: Maybe we'll take the boat from Swan to Epcot instead of walking. I can't remember how far it is. :confused3

BTW guys, where exactly is the venue. It's right around the UK? We won't be going to the concert. Maybe we should have a meet up place?

Good morning everyone!!! Just think - 3 weeks from tonight we'll be at PFTS!!! :banana:

I think I'm going to wear black pants, a nice shirt, and I found a nice silk scarf that goes with the outfit. It reminded me of Cirque'... in a good way! Not too flashy, I promise! :rotfl: I'm probably going to wear my heels and grin & bear it. We'll see...

Here are the lime green beads I found. I'm going to be working on the DIS Wine Charms this weekend. (Sorry for the bad pic - I haven't had enough coffee yet - :surfweb: ) Anyway, I'm going to use the Mickey heads as the main charm and will put PFTS & the date on one side, and DIS on the other. I'll post pictures of the finished products!!! :thumbsup2

Pre-TR07.jpg

Have a great weekend!!!
-Michelle

P.S. The PFTS building is between England & Canada. We could meet by the benches near the lagoon directly across from the entrance. That way, we'd be out of the way of the crowds. After we meet, we can all get in line together. I'm planning on getting to that area no later than 5:45pm. What time does everyone want to meet???

From what I remember the entrance is right past the Off kilter stage. 5:45 sounds like a good time to meet to me :)

I'm good with between 5:45 to 6:00 pm. :)

So guys, tell me a little about this event. We've never been! Are the portion sizes similar to the kiosks at F&WF? And is a specific wine paired with each dish? And are the stations all in one area? Are there long lines? Do I sound hyper? ;)

Look! Here's our DIS Wine Charms!!! I'm making one for everyone. Here is the front and back of the charms...

Pre-TR15.jpg

Pre-TR16.jpg

I'll hand them out when we get our PFTS wine glasses. :thumbsup2

OK, so we'll meet between 5:45 & 6pm, across from the PFTS entrance. We'll get in line at 6pm. I'll have some Lime Green signs to put on our DIS tables, so if anyone is late, they can find us inside the venue. How does that sound?

-Michelle

I'm good with between 5:45 to 6:00 pm. :)

So guys, tell me a little about this event. We've never been! Are the portion sizes similar to the kiosks at F&WF? And is a specific wine paired with each dish? And are the stations all in one area? Are there long lines? Do I sound hyper? ;)

The portions are basically tasting portions like around Epcot during the F&W Festival. Here are some pics of some food from last years PFTS that we attended if it helps give you a better picture. The stations are scattered all over...some have long lines, some don't.

pft008.jpg

pft007.jpg

pft006.jpg

pft005.jpg

pft006.jpg

pft004.jpg

pft003.jpg

PFT002.jpg

PFT001.jpg

Look! Here's our DIS Wine Charms!!! I'm making one for everyone. Here is the front and back of the charms...

Pre-TR15.jpg

Pre-TR16.jpg

OK, so we'll meet between 5:45 & 6pm, across from the PFTS entrance. We'll get in line at 6pm. I'll have some Lime Green signs to put on our DIS tables, so if anyone is late, they can find us inside the venue. How does that sound?

-Michelle

The wine charms came out awesome! You are very talented! :thumbsup2

5:45 sounds good to us...can't wait to meet everyone. :cool1:

The charms are awesome! Thanks for making them. Hmmm. I'm thinking it would be fun to learn how to make them for Christmas presents! :)

And KMF, thanks for the info and pics. It's only 11:20, but now I'm hungry for lunch. :laughing: The food looks great!

Pre-TR15.jpg

Pre-TR16.jpg

-Michelle

I just posted on the other thread that the charms are sooo cute.
And now I can look forward to having one too? Even though we are sitting with non-dis friends? Please say yes!!!!!!!!!!!

I just posted on the other thread that the charms are sooo cute.
And now I can look forward to having one too? Even though we are sitting with non-dis friends? Please say yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, of course! I made you two! :thumbsup2

Michelle-those charms are awesome:cool1:

I think I've finally decided what to wear ( maybe! ) We're planning on heading over to the MK right after Illuminations since it's open until 1 a.m., so we're going with sundresses and flat sandals -we may bring heels just for the PFTS :)

BTW the food pictures are making me hungry too!!!

those charms are so cute. what a great idea. 5:45 is good for us. We will also be pretty casual for this. Slacks and comfortable shoes (i don't actually own any other kind) i can't believe it is so soon YAY :)

I'm getting so excited, we are approaching the two week countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still don't know what I will be wearing...

Hi all! Just found this thread. DH and I will be attending this PFTS as well. This is our first one and we are excited. And no, I have no clue what I will be wearing yet. :laughing:

Hi all! Just found this thread. DH and I will be attending this PFTS as well. This is our first one and we are excited. And no, I have no clue what I will be wearing yet. :laughing:

Welcome to our little group! :welcome: Let me know your names and I will add you to the list! :goodvibes

Only two weeks to go!!! :banana:

Cheers!
-Michelle

Hi my name is Marc and I will be attending PFTS for the first time on 10/6. I will be attending with my sister Debra and my nephew Eddie (15), party of 3.

Michelle, I pmed you and explained why I didn't post our names here. I hope you all don't mind, but due to DH's job I keep that stuff on the down-low. ;) And let me say how CUTE are those charms! Great job. I don't have a creative bone in my body. I can't even cut a straight line with scissors. :rolleyes:

I look forward to meeting you on the 6th! DH and I will probably just meander around but will stop by the DIS tables to say hi. :)

I've updated the list! :thumbsup2 I'm looking foward to meeting everyone and having a great time at Party for the Senses!!! :goodvibes

:banana: I can't wait!!! :banana:

Somehow, dinner at home just doesn't seem appetizing anymore... LOL! :rotfl:

Cheers!
-Michelle

okay, I'm trying not to obsess about accuweather.com :rolleyes1 The weather forcast has changed about 10 times for the weekend of the 6th. Right now it's saying rain again. Hopefully as we get closer it will change back to sunny skies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter