• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking Lot Trams

The MK parking lot (by a quick google search) is 125 acres. I’m not sure why the importance of trams is even debatable for a 125 acre, concrete, non shaded place, in central Florida.
I don't know that I've seen anybody say that they aren't needed.

Because some people think that nothing Disney does (or neglects) is a negative.

Expecting guests to traverse an asphalt desert in the heat of a Florida summer was unconscionable. I don't understand how anyone can justify it or dismiss concerns that people have.
Who has done that? I guess I'm missing something.

It's not just that they made things accessible at a minimum - but that people with disabilities (myself included) felt welcomed.

Well, I've heard that, but I can't speak from personal experience so I didn't bring it up. But when it comes to hauling around toddlers and getting old, there I know whereof I speak! :p The idea that walking to the parks from the average Disney parking lot is not a hardship for some, or that the lack of trams is not a big deal, just boggles my mind. As you point out, normally Disney makes hard to make everyone feel welcome (hubby avoids dairy and Disney's better about that than most) -- and making people walk that far across blacktop in the Florida heat is not very welcoming.

Well, I've heard that, but I can't speak from personal experience so I didn't bring it up. But when it comes to hauling around toddlers and getting old, there I know whereof I speak! :p The idea that walking to the parks from the average Disney parking lot is not a hardship for some, or that the lack of trams is not a big deal, just boggles my mind. As you point out, normally Disney makes hard to make everyone feel welcome (hubby avoids dairy and Disney's better about that than most) -- and making people walk that far across blacktop in the Florida heat is not very welcoming.
Universal at least has covered moving sidewalks.

So is there a drop off lane? We are going in November with my parents who won't be able to walk that far before they get to the park. We have always stayed offsite and used the trams. Can I drop them off and then go park?

So is there a drop off lane? We are going in November with my parents who won't be able to walk that far before they get to the park. We have always stayed offsite and used the trams. Can I drop them off and then go park?
Yes you can, at least at AK. My Dh dropped me and my ds off at the front and then went to park the car

Yes, all the parks have a drop off area. Sometimes the drive from there to park is lengthy (e.g. from the MK drop off you have to circle back past Poly and around to the regular parking lot entrance), but it’s certainly reasonable and considerate to drop your parents off first. Just tell them to have patience!

If you are staying on site can you pay just the "upgrade" price to preferred parking?

Yes you can just pay the price for preferred parking if staying onsite. You just pay at the toll booth. Have done it for MK when there were no trams running. Always stay onsite but drive my own car to the parks, bad experience with Disney transportation started me driving my own car to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter