Parking ECV on a bus...

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
How difficult is it? My friend has MS and uses a scooter in the parks but has only ever been to Disneyland, and has a really hard time getting an ECV parked on the ART buses- the way she has to back it in tight to the wall, etc... She gets flustered and embarrassed. Her family is planning a trip to WDW and ideally she would be on the monorail in a resort, but not in the budget. She is stressing out about getting her ECV on the buses so I told her I would ask here!

I had some difficulty getting it lined up properly. However, that being said, all the bus drivers I encountered were friendly and very helpful with positioning the ECV and made the process easy. I would drive it on, then hop over to one of the seats and let them steer it around where they could get it secured.

HTH :goodvibes

good to know thanks!! the bus drivers on the art were not helpful!!!

So sorry to hear she encountered difficulties. The bus drivers were the ones who showed us our scooter had a lever in the back to make it go into "neutral" so it could be pushed around at will and positioned more easily. They were more than helpful and always patient, always loaded us first, etc.

Hope your friend enjoys her visit to the 'World!

I use a scooter due to MS--i feel your friends pain. Took me lots of practice to be able steer & park on the busses and boats. That being said, if i am tired or havong a bad day, I let the bus drivers park it. So no worries!!

most drivers in public bus systems are not that helpfully you will find much more nicer and helpfully driver in disney. Tell your friend not to feel embarrassed while loading on a bus at disney she their to have fun and relax if it take her a little longer then it dose.

1. Think about how you parallel park a car. It works the same way. Just be sure to do it in "turtle".

2. As another poster said, you can get off the ECV and put it in freewheel to park it, as you should not sit on the ECV when the bus is in motion.

I use a scooter due to MS--i feel your friends pain. Took me lots of practice to be able steer & park on the busses and boats. That being said, if i am tired or havong a bad day, I let the bus drivers park it. So no worries!!
Just to be aware - bus drivers are not actually allowed to park ECVs or wheelchairs for guests.
Some might, but they are actually not supposed to.
1. Think about how you parallel park a car. It works the same way. Just be sure to do it in "turtle".

2. As another poster said, you can get off the ECV and put it in freewheel to park it, as you should not sit on the ECV when the bus is in motion.
if you put the ECV in freewheel to park it, you should put it back into gear once it is in place. Even though it will be tied down, it should still be in a non-rolling setting for safety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter