parking at WDW

grannyed

Mouseketeer
hello I am sure that I have read or been told that if you go to WDW parks late on in the day then you don't have to pay the parking fee of $9

we are thinking of buying the 14 day ultimate tickets and on some days may just go in the evening - perhaps for the fireworks and a meal - maybe after a lazy day by the pool

Nope, wasn't that way in October. We thought that we would "escape" but not so....

Twice we went into main parks in the evening after water parks, with probably only 2-3 hours of the park day left and both times we had to pay.

It adds up to a lot over 14 days doesn't it? ::MickeyMo

it does indeed however I suppose that when you consider the overall cost ......................

do you also pay for parking at the waterparks etc.

grannyed said:
it does indeed however I suppose that when you consider the overall cost ......................

do you also pay for parking at the waterparks etc.

No that's free.

I suppose that you could avoid the charge by leaving the car at the WP and taking a bus, but that would give great difficulty getting back when the buses stop going back to the WP after they close!

Parking is free at the waterparks :)

If you pay at one park (not waterpark) as long as you keep your ticket you can visit a different park and not pay an additional parking fee.

You are right that the parking element does add up!

tim june and sam said:
I suppose that you could avoid the charge by leaving the car at the WP and taking a bus, but that would give great difficulty getting back when the buses stop going back to the WP after they close!

The other side to this is, if you have paid thousands (which most of us will have done from the UK just to get over there LOL) is it worth wasting 40-60 mins on a bus each way to save $9? The WP buses I have found do big rounds, at lots of hotels to transport guests - eg the one I was on from the Boardwalk to BB did:

Boardwalk
Swan
Dolphin
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Blizzard Beach

yes I do agree and I am told that if you have a problem with your car - eg if it doesn't start etc. - then help is at hand and quick -

my hubby is the type to walk a mile when we shop just to save a parking charge - doesn't have many othe faults though!!!

The cost of parking is one of the reasons we went for an annual pass. With that the parking is free and there are a number of other discounts on food and shopping which all add up. If you are thinking of a 14 day pass it may well be worth looking into an annual pass for at least one in your party (only need one to get most of the discounts).

also I remember gping to WDW some years ago and the vehicle in front of us at the parking lot was a mini -bus

the driver was arguing with the cashier because he was charged the 'bus' amount

there will be 7 of us nd we are hiring an 8 seater van will this be charged as a car

Current prices for Annual Passes are:

Annual Pass
Adult $420.68
Child $357.84

Premium Annual Pass (including waterparsk and Disney Quest)
Adult $548.49
Child $466.49

With the AP or PAP you get various meal discounts in WDW (around 10%) and shopping discounts at DTD (10%-15% depending on what you spend)
You also get discounts from WDW Tours, Golf, Minigolf and if you only have an AP, discounts from the waterparks.
As an AP/PAP holder you can also get the Disney Dining Experience card for $50 - this gives you 20% of most restaurants in WDW parks and resorts.

Call 00 1 407 934 7639 to buy the AP/PAP - you will receive a voucher that needs to be exchanged for your activated passes. Photo ID required. Year starts from when you activate the passes.

If you drive to epcot after about 7pm you normally find the toll plaza closed and can park for free- this is not always the case though!

there will be 7 of us nd we are hiring an 8 seater van will this be charged as a car[/QUOTE]

We had an 8 seater van this October. Disney and most toll roads charge on how many axles your vehicle has, so in our case it was the same as a car.

Michelle's right - 8 seaters count as a "normal" car for parking charge purposes :)

Every year I've been the car park attendants are gone late in the evening so you can just drive in without paying. As you are only going for fireworks & food and not staying long I would just park at the Poly and watch the fireworks from the beach and either eat there or jump on the monorail and stop at the magic kingdom. You will have a 3 hour parking pass issued which would be more than enough for just watching the fireworks & eating.

gavvy said:
If you drive to epcot after about 7pm you normally find the toll plaza closed and can park for free- this is not always the case though!

Epcot has a strange system of parking. It is the one park we are forced to pay $9 just to drop guests off. You then have to do a complete circle back to the toll-plaza, and get your money back. When we asked at the toll plaza why we didn't have to do this at the other parks, she exclaimed how "we work things different at Epcot. Nine dollars please"...very rudely as a matter of fact. Epcot is also hit or miss with parking trams. Many times, you're left to walk.

As another poster said, you indicated you are staying at WL. If you are an onsite guest you can park at the parks for free. Simply show your resort parking pass. :flower:

thankyou everyone for your replies - I did not expect so many responses - we'll just see what happens - in the great scheme of things I don't suppose that parking charges are terribly important....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter