Parking at resort to ride monorail to EPCOT or MK

What happens when you say you are picking someone up? Do they call the front desk and ask if so and so are staying there? Or if you say you are dinning there what do they do?

What happens when you say you are picking someone up? Do they call the front desk and ask if so and so are staying there? Or if you say you are dinning there what do they do?

Not sure about whether or not they call to verify a guest but I can tell you based on my experience that they can and will most likely ask you for your dining reservation number if you say you have one.

No they don't really check. You can certainly take your chances at parking at a resort but it is technically a circumvention of the rules and something that is not supposed to be talked about here. Since instituting parking fees at the resorts I would imagine Disney has instituted some way of checking on people parking at the resorts but I don't know. If you are in a hurry or don't want to go through TTC I would guess your easiest way to do what you are asking is have a cab or Uber drop you off at one on the monorail resorts to bypass TTC. There has to be some limitation on parking at Monorail resorts because if everyone does it then there is no parking for paying customers. I guess the bottom line is who knows? But if it's that important to you to do then give it a shot and let us know how it works out for you. I would just hate to have a great day in the park and come back to a towed car, or a Disney CM confronting you as you are trying to leave. I don't want any black marks on my perminent Disney Record!

Is this allowed?
A bigger question would be why do you need to do this just to ride the Monorail(s)?

You can park at the TTC at MK or the Epcot parking lot to catch the Monorail(s). You can also park for free at Disney Springs and catch a bus to any resort.

Guest parking at any of the resorts is designed for guests staying at the individual resort. So your ability to just drop in will vary depending on how busy the resort is when you pull up. If it is during the holidays or the resort is hosting a convention, any parking will be limited.
The gate guard can and will look up the guest that you are meeting / picking up. If you say that you are dining they will want to scan your MB or have you provide your ADR confirmation number and they will look it up on their iPad. If you say that you just want to visit or shop, depending on how busy the resort is they may or may not allow you to park.

Dave

When there wasn't a parking fee to park at the resort, this would have made sense. Now since there is a time limit and a parking fee, it isn't really a viable option and isn't allowed. You can't use the resort parking if not staying there and only planning to go to one of the parks.

Non resort guests are allowed 3 hours to visit the resort. Yes, they know you're not a guest as you have to stop at the guard hut, show ID and give a reason for your visit. If you exceed the 3 hour limit, you are at risk of getting towed.

You can pay to valet park and park for the day. I think the rate is $25 plus tip.

We did this on Friday...but that being said it may have been a little Pixie Dust sprinkled on us because we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We had breakfast reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe and when we checked in with the gate security guard he noticed our Anniversary pins. We asked if we could leave our car there while we took a Monorail tour of the resorts after our breakfast and he said no problem and told us where to park by the Wedding Pavillion. We were never given a time limit and there was no signage visible to us about how long you can park. It took longer than we anticipated because we waited a bit for our table at the Cafe but in total I think we were parked there for about 5 hours.

Non resort guests are allowed 3 hours to visit the resort. Yes, they know you're not a guest as you have to stop at the guard hut, show ID and give a reason for your visit. If you exceed the 3 hour limit, you are at risk of getting towed.

You can pay to valet park and park for the day. I think the rate is $25 plus tip.
Valet parking is up from $25. I think it is now $33 a day. Maybe more. Plus a tip.

When there wasn't a parking fee to park at the resort, this would have made sense. Now since there is a time limit and a parking fee, it isn't really a viable option and isn't allowed. You can't use the resort parking if not staying there and only planning to go to one of the parks.

There is no fee to park at a resort to visit unless you’re using valet. The fee is only for those staying overnight.

Valet parking is up from $25. I think it is now $33 a day. Maybe more. Plus a tip.
I was going to say, if it's the same price as theme park parking, everyone would choose CR valet parking over TTC.

Even for $8+tip more, I think it's a no brainer to use valet parking. Even Poly or GF is worth it to avoid TTC parking.

How much is preferred parking at TTC now? I think it'd be crazy to pay for that, when the valet options are available (of course, most don't know about them).

I was going to say, if it's the same price as theme park parking, everyone would choose CR valet parking over TTC.

Even for $8+tip more, I think it's a no brainer to use valet parking. Even Poly or GF is worth it to avoid TTC parking.

How much is preferred parking at TTC now? I think it'd be crazy to pay for that, when the valet options are available (of course, most don't know about them).

I believe preferred parking is $50 at all theme parks (or $25 for resort guests).

Not necessarily. If you park at TTC you pay once for the day, and can come and go at any park. If you're planning to park hop or just go back to your hotel for a midday swim, it would get much more expensive to have to pay parking all over again because you chose valet at the Contemporary in the morning.

Also, some people just don't like strangers driving their cars. Even nice, Disney CM, professional valet strangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter