Park Plans

italianfamilia

Mouseketeer
I am taking kids for four days, and figure this is the route we will go. Day one spend in Magic Kingdom as the 6 and 4 are the prince and princess..lol...Day two Epcot Center, Day three Animal Kingdom 1/2 and MGM the other half. Day Four probably Magic Kingdom again and is it even possible to split two parks in one day?

I have our personal maps to study and have gotten the best idea on what places to eat in each park..etc. I want to take advantage of every minute we have there and they are so excited! :smickey: :tink: :mickeybar

I am taking kids for four days, and figure this is the route we will go. Day one spend in Magic Kingdom as the 6 and 4 are the prince and princess..lol...Day two Epcot Center, Day three Animal Kingdom 1/2 and MGM the other half. Day Four probably Magic Kingdom again and is it even possible to split two parks in one day?

I have our personal maps to study and have gotten the best idea on what places to eat in each park..etc. I want to take advantage of every minute we have there and they are so excited! :smickey: :tink: :mickeybar

We did not purchase the park hopper and were a little worried. We went with 8 people- 5 adults and 3 kids (11, 8 and 6). Let me tell you we were not able to accomplish everything we wanted in one park per one day, let alone take the time to leave a park and travel to another. There was no way. Just going from one park to another seemed to take an hour out of the day. (although we went from DD to Epcot, not one park to another).

I think your plan looks good, but I also agree about not park hopping. If this is your first trip, I think I would choose between MGM and AK because you probably won't get everything done in a half day. I also agree that traveling between the parks is kind of a pain. We park hop some, but it is usually to catch a night show, not necessarily to do half of a park. For example, we might spend from opening until 2 pm at a park, go home, rest, and return to another park around 5-6 for a couple of rides and the night show. Keep planning and you'll have a blast.

I think I would skip MGM and do AK. I find that MGM has fewer things that interest kids the same age as yours. The rides are really not geared for younger kids and though there are a few shows there for younger kids my 2 just don't find they like to do a lot there. AK has more for younger kids and they always like to see the animals. Camp Miinnie/Mickey is a great place to see the characters and there are also several great shows there like the Lion King and the new Nemo the Musical. If you finish early and are ready to head out it would then be a great opportunity to just go back to your hotel and go for a swim and call it an early night. The only thing I would really miss would be seeing Fantasmic at MGM at night, but it is sometimes scarry for little ones so again may not be appropriate for your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter