Park Hours

On 4/1 (8pm park close for DHS) I was able to take the Skyliner from DHS to Epcot (through the transfer station) at 9:53pm after wrapping up at Savi’s (I was able to do a quick search of my texts and found the exact time). I remember thinking it looked like it might have just closed and I was prepared to head for a bus, but I asked the CM and he told me that it was still open and would continue to run until after Epcot closed in case I was parked at DHS and needed to get back to the parking lot (I wasn’t parked there, though, so I kinda stopped listening to how long he said it would keep running).
Nice! I kept seeing that the HS portion closing wasn’t dependent on Epcot, so that’s good to know.

This may be true. Buses will be available though until everyone is out. If you really really want the skyliner, you could walk to Epcot international gateway and get on there. I wouldn’t recommend, but definitely an option

Guess it would depend on how we're feeling at that point. I don't mind the walk from DHS to Epcot, but at that time of night we might be pooped. Thanks for the suggestion though!

On 4/1 (8pm park close for DHS) I was able to take the Skyliner from DHS to Epcot (through the transfer station) at 9:53pm after wrapping up at Savi’s (I was able to do a quick search of my texts and found the exact time). I remember thinking it looked like it might have just closed and I was prepared to head for a bus, but I asked the CM and he told me that it was still open and would continue to run until after Epcot closed in case I was parked at DHS and needed to get back to the parking lot (I wasn’t parked there, though, so I kinda stopped listening to how long he said it would keep running).
Well, that would be great! We'll hope it's still running and if not, we can do the walk to Epcot or just call an Uber. My son is over the moon with getting to spend more time in the park, even if it's just to soak in the atmosphere at GE.

In June 2019 it had a scheduled 10am open every day, from what I can find on other sites that keep that kind of data. In June 2020 it was closed all month. With this being the first time it’s been open in June post-reopening, it’s hard to say whether the current hours posted for June 2021 will change or stay the same.
Thank you.

Weird that it's Friday and we're not worried about hours getting updated 😂🤣

It has been pretty quiet! :rolleyes: I did notice, though, that Disney still hasn't posted operating hours for the week of 6/27 - normally we would have seen those today. Who knows what the pattern will be now?

Edited to fix a typo in the date.

Last edited:
It has been pretty quiet! :rolleyes: I did notice, though, that Disney still hasn't posted operating hours for the week of 7/27 - normally we would have seen those today. Who knows what the pattern will be now?
Guessing you meant 6/27... 🤣
They're not in the app, but they are on the website, though park hopper hours aren't listed.

Changes are 9am open for MK, 7pm HS closing and AK has 5pm close on 6/27 and 6pm rest of the week.

MK 9-9
Epcot 11-9
HS 9-7
AK 8-5 6/27, 8-6 rest of week.

Guessing you meant 6/27... 🤣
They're not in the app, but they are on the website, though park hopper hours aren't listed.

Changes are 9am open for MK, 7pm HS closing and AK has 5pm close on 6/27 and 6pm rest of the week.

MK 9-9
Epcot 11-9
HS 9-7
AK 8-5 6/27, 8-6 rest of week.

Sure did! It was a long week, okay? :laughing: I checked the website and then the app (which still only displays out to 6/25 for me, even though the website has had 6/26 hours since last week) right before posting. I know I wasn’t looking at July and that it was just a typo here because I clicked 6/26 and saw all parks’ hours, then moved one day forward and saw nothing but Disney Springs hours. They must have been posted shortly after - time to update the first post!

Sure did! It was a long week, okay? :laughing: I checked the website and then the app (which still only displays out to 6/25 for me, even though the website has had 6/26 hours since last week) right before posting. I know I wasn’t looking at July and that it was just a typo here because I clicked 6/26 and saw all parks’ hours, then moved one day forward and saw nothing but Disney Springs hours. They must have been posted shortly after - time to update the first post!
Haha yeah. Weird the app doesn't show Saturday 6/26 hours. Guessing once they update hopping hours, the new hours will show on the app

Just wanted to say thanks to beesly for doing this thread. I was up early on Tuesday to check for updates 😵 On a whim I looked Wed. before work and was able to get a res. for Oga's on the day we wanted! The final detail of our trip in place, now we wait....

Has Disney ever been known to decrease hours from what they preliminarily post? Just want to make sure for planning purposes that we can count on at least the hours as-posted, and then hope for more.

Has Disney ever been known to decrease hours from what they preliminarily post? Just want to make sure for planning purposes that we can count on at least the hours as-posted, and then hope for more.

It did happen last August for September 2020’s posted hours: Walt Disney World Shortens Theme Park Hours Starting September 8

That said, they had just reopened and were finding that the demand for travel wasn’t as high as they’d initially projected it would be. I don’t think they’re encountering that problem this year at all.

A while ago I read on here that the park hours posted on the DIS were not accurate (I could search for that post but it's not really material).

A headline today shows park hours for the month of June. I realize they are subject to change as well but I do wonder if these hours are in fact official or "guesses"? Perhaps the mods would know.

Our trip is scheduled for the first week of July so the end of June hours - at least now - give us a first look at what we might experience.

Very disappointed is the word I'd use. The lack of fireworks still and very early closing for the Studios in particular.

I'm also searching restaurant info hoping there will be at least a few more openings for the summer months. Not optimistic.

Some people in large group of 11 are still saying we made a mistake not cancelling yet again (we cancelled last year's trip) and I'm beginning to feel they are right.

For something like park hours, I would use the official Disney website as the best source of such information. Third party websites may/may not show the latest information and Disney could change park hours for any number of reasons. There are often threads on here that are many pages, so you also need to make sure the information is not something from 6+ months ago on such topics.

A while ago I read on here that the park hours posted on the DIS were not accurate (I could search for that post but it's not really material).

A headline today shows park hours for the month of June. I realize they are subject to change as well but I do wonder if these hours are in fact official or "guesses"? Perhaps the mods would know.

Our trip is scheduled for the first week of July so the end of June hours - at least now - give us a first look at what we might experience.

Very disappointed is the word I'd use. The lack of fireworks still and very early closing for the Studios in particular.

I'm also searching restaurant info hoping there will be at least a few more openings for the summer months. Not optimistic.

Some people in large group of 11 are still saying we made a mistake not cancelling yet again (we cancelled last year's trip) and I'm beginning to feel they are right.

I merged you with the Park Hours thread. Post 1 has a lot of helpful information in it.

Disney app and website have the current official hours. Those are subject to change as well. Difference being, sometimes the administrator for the dis or other sites that post hours may have not copied them correctly if done manually or there’s a glitch with the application that allows different sites to pull in the official hours. Not sure if this is a thing, but could explain why they don’t get fixed.

Disney app and website have the current official hours. Those are subject to change as well. Difference being, sometimes the administrator for the dis or other sites that post hours may have not copied them correctly if done manually or there’s a glitch with the application that allows different sites to pull in the official hours. Not sure if this is a thing, but could explain why they don’t get fixed.

It appears that the DIS admin did finally correct the May hours - but I see several errors in their June calendar so I'll continue to recommend using the official site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter